[Root] acquired with webtop dock or lapdock

Search This thread

quantum23

Aug 4, 2010
ATL
I just dismantled my old evo dock (official),.switched around the usb connector and I was able to use the hdmi mirroring on my tv...worked great!

Not sure if this helps anyone...was hoping I would be able to launch the webtop once I plugged it in but only had the standard options for the hdmi connection.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

bane449

Oct 26, 2008
Apparently I'm the only one ever who ordered the HD Dock :O Hoping we get it :D

Edit: Got it!

$ su
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

Details to follow, but the method used does require Webtop (thus the HD Dock)

Last edited:
Reactions: sub2k1

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
I just got the dock but I'm not getting the phone until wednesday (Fedex). If you guys still need help then, don't hesitate to send me a pm.

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Apparently I'm the only one ever who ordered the HD Dock :O Hoping we get it :D

Edit: Got it!

$ su
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

Details to follow, but the method used does require Webtop (thus the HD Dock)

Wow, you guys are beasts. Rooted this phone on the 2nd day it's been out. Is that a new record?

Glod

Dec 11, 2009
Richmond, Va
grats to those with the dock.......sincerely

how slim are the chances to get this done without the dock?; 100$ is a good chunk of money and i rather use the money to donate to the various devs responsible for rooting and roms.

phenixdragon

Mar 5, 2010
grats to those with the dock.......sincerely

how slim are the chances to get this done without the dock?; 100$ is a good chunk of money and i rather use the money to donate to the various devs responsible for rooting and roms.

I only picked up the dock to dock it at work and plug it into one of my monitors at work but only to find out my monitors don't have HDMI inputs. But least it is good for rooting.

horn34

May 30, 2011
I only picked up the dock to dock it at work and plug it into one of my monitors at work but only to find out my monitors don't have HDMI inputs. But least it is good for rooting.
I had the same issue, but an HDMI to DVI adapter is only $3.

Now I don't hate being in the office so much.

Top Liked Posts