[Q] Stock/flashable ROM?

Search This thread

gmr2048

Nov 19, 2010
Does anybody know where I can find a CWM/TW-flashable stock ROM? The USB port on my I8190XXAMA2 phone is messed up, and I want to send it in for warranty repair. I currently have CM11 on it, and need to get back to stock, but can't Odin, due to damaged USB port.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

gmr2048

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks, but both of those seem to be based on stock, but significantly modified. Meaning, I couldn't send my phone back to Samsung for warranty repair as if I'd never replaced the original ROM (which is my goal here). Unless I'm mistaken.

Clostry

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks, but both of those seem to be based on stock, but significantly modified. Meaning, I couldn't send my phone back to Samsung for warranty repair as if I'd never replaced the original ROM (which is my goal here). Unless I'm mistaken.

Even if a "pure stock" cwm/twrp flashable firmware doesn't exist it's still possible to create one extracting the partitions images from the PDA, I'm not an expert in making edify scripts, maybe someone can help you for this. :)

PS: Remember that to have warranty back you need to reset the flash counter with triangle away and flash stock recovery (not included in stock PDAs)

gmr2048

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks! I've never looked into converting a stock ROM to a flashable zip. I'll see how involved that is. Tho I suspect if it were easy, somebody would have already done it :)

Thanks for the tip about Triangle Away. I've already bought it (and used it on my original GS3).

Clostry

Jan 7, 2014
uhm off topic?
however...who knows?I don't think there's a public changelog.
I dubt you will see any difference upgrading btw.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Back to topic...

To make the zip...if you have little practice with scripts/partitons/command line it's not hard, it just take some time to research what you need.
  • First of all you have to extract the files from the PDA, for each file you have to find the right partition, for example system.img -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p22, there should be a complete table for s3 mini somewhere in the forum...
  • Second you need a tool called simg2img, because some of the images need to be converted to be flashed in recovery cause they're somehow compressed. See here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-unpacking-repacking-stock-rom-img-t1081239
  • Third you need a working edify script to edit. You can extract it from the zips of this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2526831. You may do a zip file for each image replacing the modem.bin and editing the updater-script. My doubt is that this script uses tmpfs to cache the image, and with system and cache images this is a problem because they will not fit in it. In theory you can remove the caching part and use directly the command like that: package_extract_file("system.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p22"), but as I said i'm not an expert of edify scripts, I don't know if it will work.