[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] Overflow Mod v1.1 [Dec-15-2013]

Search This thread

UgglyNoodle

Aug 11, 2012
regularly.ugglynoodle.com
This module replaces the Holo overflow menu icon (three squares) in apps with a rounded version (three circles), as seen in the latest Google Search and Play Store apps. The modification will work on any app which inherits the Holo theme (which is a large proportion of apps). Apps which have their own custom overflow menu icon will not be affected.

Requires Ice Cream Sandwich or above with the Xposed framework installed.

You can grab the module from its Xposed Module Repository page.

Screenshots

9oHJGE6.png
Df4UGV6.png

Changelog

Dec-15-2013 v1.1:
● Added support for a few common apps that don't automatically use the Holo overflow icon (including Gmail, Chrome, Contacts, Dialer).

Dec-9-2013 v1.0:
● Initial release.

Last edited:

putr4s

Oct 14, 2013
Works flawlessly on my tab running unofficial CM11, but support for Firefox browser and AOSP KitKat dialer would be nice.

RoinGrindwald

Dec 30, 2011
Work great for the most part. Issue I am having is in Google Music. If you got into a album or playlist the menu to shuffle is using white dots so you can't see the menu buttons. When I disable this mod the buttons are grey. So maybe this mod is not placing the correct colour buttons in? Of that is fixed I will use this mod again as I really like the look of it.

Great job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
I'm not sure how to replicate it, but sometimes, the overflow menu button will turn white when it needs to be gray. I think it happens after a rotation change or even returning to an app after using the recents menu.

Synthic

Dec 9, 2013
This is a nice little module; really digging how it makes things more uniform with Google Now. I am getting the same bug as the others though, white on white in Play Music when you look at the currently playing song. Fortunately, you can still see the icon as the background is semi-transparent, so it doesn't bother me too much.

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
It seems when you leave an app using the recents menu and then return to it, the overflow menu icon is the wrong color.

Synthic

Dec 9, 2013
It seems that in the latest version of Google Play Music (5.4.1409N), this bug no longer occurs and the overflow icon is the correct gray color. :)

timothyung

Jan 29, 2013
Is it possible to simply replace certain files in framework-res.apk to achieve the same effect?

ACastanza

May 21, 2011
Seattle
Very nice little tweak to help homogenize the UI. Just wanted to point out a few apps that I noticed aren't modded:

Stock Email (not Gmail)
Keep
Chrome Beta

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
In hangouts, if you tap an image, then press back, the menu dots become white and hard to see.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Thread cleaned of off topic and ETA Discussion.

Use of PM to get ETA stuff is fine usually -, and being snarky and self righteous in posts does nothing towards furthering development. So keep it out of the threads...

Reactions: kingvortex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module replaces the Holo overflow menu icon (three squares) in apps with a rounded version (three circles), as seen in the latest Google Search and Play Store apps. The modification will work on any app which inherits the Holo theme (which is a large proportion of apps). Apps which have their own custom overflow menu icon will not be affected.

Requires Ice Cream Sandwich or above with the Xposed framework installed.

You can grab the module from its Xposed Module Repository page.

Screenshots

9oHJGE6.png
    Df4UGV6.png

Changelog

Dec-15-2013 v1.1:
    ● Added support for a few common apps that don't automatically use the Holo overflow icon (including Gmail, Chrome, Contacts, Dialer).

Dec-9-2013 v1.0:
    ● Initial release.
    Dont work in xperia Zl 4.2.2

As I mentioned, it doesn't work for every app. Did you try a few different apps? It should work in Hangouts and the Play Store, for example.
    Thread cleaned of off topic and ETA Discussion.

Use of PM to get ETA stuff is fine usually -, and being snarky and self righteous in posts does nothing towards furthering development. So keep it out of the threads...