[UNOFFICIAL] CM10.1 for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii

Search This thread

scientist456

Jul 14, 2009
Well i'm stuck into CM logo boot....
Formatted sd card with Fat32 and ext4 partitions. Somehow i cant find my ext4 partitition with windows? How to recover that?
Will play a little to see how to recover from bootlogo...

Edit 1: Ext4 isnt even recognized by Minitool partition, its unallocated, guess something went wrong there....
Edit 2: PArtition program bricked my sd Card... Great program!
Edit 3: Dug up an old SD card, lets see what happens....
Edit 4: Working so far, updating to 9d now.

Final edit: Working well, but some system lags on multitask,,,,

Last edited:

smrcek

Aug 27, 2009
What are the changes and improvements between 8 and 9d, please? Is it an official (Scanno, EJTagle) release? Is it worth to update from 8 to 9d? Thanks for your time and work, anyway!

scientist456

Jul 14, 2009
Well i'm stuck into CM logo boot....
Formatted sd card with Fat32 and ext4 partitions. Somehow i cant find my ext4 partitition with windows? How to recover that?
Will play a little to see how to recover from bootlogo...

Edit 1: Ext4 isnt even recognized by Minitool partition, its unallocated, guess something went wrong there....
Edit 2: PArtition program bricked my sd Card... Great program!
Edit 3: Dug up an old SD card, lets see what happens....
Edit 4: Working so far, updating to 9d now.

Final edit: Working well, but some system lags on multitask,,,,

Back to older version, can't even do anything without waiting 1 minute, always "program not responding" message after installing a few apps. :eek: Will check back later for a non-alpha, keep up the good work!

Major_Tom

Feb 17, 2005
Some Feedback

Hi,

I installed Alpha11 the other day and would like to provide some feedback. Hardware is the Smartbook Surfer 360MN10U (the one with the 3G build in).
First impression is very good. 3g is working, WLAN is working as well. Two very important features ;)
Didn't test GPS so far.
Everything is smooth and reliable. No crashes while installing or using the usual Apps I use.

One problem: the tablet doesn't go in stand-by mode. After reaching the configured time for stand-by, it switches completely off.

Thanks for the nice work. So far the best ROM for this hardware, imho.

Tom

smrcek

Aug 27, 2009
Alpha 11? Where to find? At Tabletroms I have found Alpha 10 only. Didnt tried yet. Alpha 9d was little bit laggy (maybe just on my Vega), so yesterday I have flashed VegaComb RC2. Looks nice and smooth yet.

Major_Tom

Feb 17, 2005
Alpha 11? Where to find? At Tabletroms I have found Alpha 10 only. Didnt tried yet. Alpha 9d was little bit laggy (maybe just on my Vega), so yesterday I have flashed VegaComb RC2. Looks nice and smooth yet.

I'm not allowed to post the link by forum-rules (the board simply erased all my stats and older posts sometime ago...hanging around since 2005...).
Have a look at tabletroms, board: vega-rom-development
Thread: [UNOFFICIAL] CM10.1 for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii
2nd post from scanno at page 78.

Tom

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
@All
Here is alpha 12. This is more of a test build. This includes the new way of using the sdcard. The main storage is now emulated and is using the ext4 partition. This is also used when connecting the tablet to the PC using MTP. The first partition on the sdcard (the FAT partition) is also mounted and located at /storage/sdcard1.

This means that you should increase your ext4 partiton because the main storage is located there. The fat partition can be used when you want to exchange information through the sdcard with a windows pc or when flashing CWM zips. The recovery mounts the first partition and in recovery you can mount the first partition (FAT) to exchange files through the usb port.

The new way also makes sure that when you are using multiple users, the files on the storage cannot be seen by the other users. Also the tablet does not reboot anymore when adding a new user.

Alpha 12: CM10.1-Alpha12-Update.zip

Verstuurd van mijn TF300T met Tapatalk

Reactions: yani2000
It's all installed, but despite using the terminal to flash recovery, I can't find the app for recovery mode, or the option when I press the power button! Help!!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Apologies, I've sorted it now. :)

chilledrice

Jul 23, 2008
Singapore
It's all installed, but despite using the terminal to flash recovery, I can't find the app for recovery mode, or the option when I press the power button! Help!!

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Apologies, I've sorted it now. :)

i am aware that your problem is solved, but for the benefit of those suffering from the same problem, go to settings>about and tap on your build number 7 times to access dev tools. activate boot to recovery and you can get the option to access recovery on boot. :)

Reactions: schafRy

ceprk

Aug 24, 2006
I try to install this ROM into POV Tegra 10.1 but there is (maybe) a bug - after each reboot every data connection is working (I mean 3G and WiFi). But when tablet goes to standby mode (deep sleep), I'm not abble to start it again. Every time it is the same. And data connection is working after tablet restart...
Can anybody help me with this problem, or is it a really bug in ROM?

Thanks.

Last edited:

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I try to install this ROM into POV Tegra 10.1 but there is (maybe) a bug - after each reboot every data connection is working (I mean 3G and WiFi). But when tablet goes to standby mode (deep sleep), I'm not abble to start it again. Every time it is the same. And data connection is working after tablet restart...
Can anybody help me with this problem, or is it a really bug in ROM?

Thanks.

It could be a bug in the ROM. I do not have a tablet with 3g so all the 3g stuff is untested by regular users.

It could help if you post some logs from the radio and regular logcat.

Verstuurd van mijn Xperia T met Tapatalk

Iago_Wild

Sep 9, 2008
Is possible to use this rom with link2sd with an ext2 partition on my SD ? If y try to use an ext4 and "extend" internal storage, my Vega turns slow and buggy like hell

chilledrice

Jul 23, 2008
Singapore
@all,

Build 16 posted. This is only a nvflash version because the partition layout has changed. This change is needed because of the extra space needed for TWRP 2.5.5.0.
TWRP is fully working.

wow! build 16 is a lot faster than build 15. i'm using a 16GB class 4 card, with 10gb of primary FAT32 and the rest as primary EXT4.
3G works, not sure about GPS, but i rarely use it. thanks for the update! :good:;)

Vlad87do

Nov 21, 2011
NRW
@all,

Build 16 posted. This is only a nvflash version because the partition layout has changed. This change is needed because of the extra space needed for TWRP 2.5.5.0.
TWRP is fully working.

Question:

Is recovery working better then CWM (brick problems after reboot from recovery to normal system), can i install GApps and other updates from TWRP with out anyproblems ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [INTRODUCTION]
    This ROM is mainly created by Scanno with the help of EJTagle (for kernel work and drivers). This ROM is based on the CM10.1 sources and has the most CM10.1 features included.

Why a CM rom after a couple of AOSP ROMS? Well the main reason is that android 4.2 has a new interface and i do not like it that much. CyanogenMod includes some inteface enhancements that i personally think adds some additional value.

Please remember that I and EJtagle are *NOT* professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.2 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.

We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream and VegaBean we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.

[FEATURES]
    This ROM is an unofficial CM10.1 and has most CyanogenMod features included.

[INSTALLATION]
    As you all might know we have very limited internal storage space. So this ROM needs a different internal memory layout. The whole /data partition (where the user data and apps are installed) needs to be on the sdcard.

[SDCARD]
    You SDCARD needs to be partitioned the following way:
    - First partition needs to be FAT32
    - Second partition needs to be EXT4
    - Make sure there is NO extended partition

[FLASHING]
    The first time you flash this ROM you *HAVE* to flash the NVFlash version to make sure the internal memory is formatted the correct way.
    Make sure you have the GApps downloaded and put on your SDCard (see goo-inside.me/gapps)

[NVFLASH]
    Download the NVFlash version and make sure your tabet is connected to the power supply and that the tablet is connected to your computer.
    Put the tablet into NVFlash mode (by using 2 seconds back key, 2 seconds power key, 2 seconds back key)
    Run the NVFlash executable and if everything goed right, the ROM will be flashed.
    Reboot the tablet and as soon as the tablet finishes booting, reboot the tablet into recovery mode.
    Once in recovery, do a factory reset and then right after that flash the Google apps zip file you downloaded.

[RECOVERY]
    Download the zip file and put the file on your SDCARD.
    Boot into recovery.
    Do a factory reset (or you can try just clearing cache and dalvik-cache).
    Flash the zip file.
    Right after flashing the ROM, flash the gapps zip file.
    Reboot.

[WORKING]
    - 3G
    - Audio
    - Video
    - Wifi
    - Touchscreen
    - Most regular things

[NOT WORKING]
    - Bluetooth. Due to the fact that Google has introduced a new Bluetooth stack in 4.2, Bluetooth
    *NOT* work. Efforts to get Bluetooth working has ended.

[CREDITS]
    - Ejtagle
    - Scanno
    - CyanogenMod for their sources
    - LeoP for his zRAM implementation
    [DOWNLOADS]

Gapps for android version 4.2.2: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Gapps for android version 4.2.1: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

Here are some other Gapps that are specific for Tegra2 non neon devices. These Gapps fix the closing of the default keyboard. But it also disables the gesture typing. These GApps were made for the XOOM and can be downloaded over at XDA:
    [ROM][4.2.2] My Android 4.2 for Xoom Wi-Fi (20130217) - xda-developers

[BUILD 20130815]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zuy41bx10afvx6s/cm-10.1-20130815-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip
    NVFLASH: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j7r8dbd7204y25/cm-10.1-20130815-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.exe

[BUILD 20130727]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?orvrlhdr5x58ahq

[BUILD 20130721]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rc2kve9ccc6sadf/cm-10.1-20130721-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip

[BUILD 20130712]
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jzxqqtygd58atra/cm-10.1-20130712-UNOFFICIAL-shuttle.zip

Build 18:
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?u63rb3nt4dni37z

Build 17:
    Only flash the CWM-ZIP if you already have a working Build 16 !!!
    CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2iakdr0x2j0lk0
    NVFLASH: http://www.mediafire.com/?aeleqc618v21b3h

Build 16:
    NVFLASH: CM10.1-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_16.exe

Build 15:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_15.zip
    NVFLASH: CM101-Shuttle-P10AN01-build_15.exe

Alpha 10:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha10-Update.zip

Alpha 8:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha8-Update.zip

Alpha 7:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha7-Update.zip
    NVFLASH: CM10-1_NVFlash_alpha7.exe

Alpha6:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha6-Update.zip

Alpha5:
    CWM-ZIP: CM10.1-Alpha5-Update.zip
    NVFLASH: CM10-1_NVFlash_Alpha5.exe
    [BUILD 20130815]
    - Included a patch to dalvik for low memory devices.
    - Synced with the CM10.1 repository

[BUILD 20130727]

[BUILD 20130712]
    This version includes all the changes that the CM team has introduces, including
    the privacy options.

Build 18:
    - synced with the cm10.1 repository

Build 17:
    - Synced with CM10.1 repo
    - Two patches to the kernel from clemsyn that might solve some remaining SOD's

Build 16:
    - This build will be the base that next builds will use !!!
    - New partition layout. So only an NVFLASH version for build 16
    - TWRP 2.5.0.0 recovery included
    - Synced with CM10 repo

Build 15:
    Well a lot of changes:
    - synced with cm on march 7. 21:00 CET
    - there should be no more SOD
    - sdcard changes. EXT4 is now used as /data and as "internal" sdcard.
    - a lot of optimalisations

Alpha 10:
    - Android 4.2.2
    - Refactored device make files

Alpha 8:
    - 3G working

Alpha 7:
    - Synced with CM repo on 13-01-2013
    - Some more tweaking. Seems to work better. I have removed journaling from my sdcard and some more optimizing on my own sdcard. Perhaps i can do that in the update zip. Will have a loo at that.
    - Included the RIL from VegaCream. Small change it will work. Cannot test myself.

Alpha6:
    - Synced with CM repo on 04-01-2013
    - Did some tweaking. Values can be changed as they are stored in /system/etc/init.d/rc1.d/01sysctl
    this does work - use minitool partition wizard to create the EXT4 partition (i recommend 1gb)

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html
    Added build 15 to second post

Verstuurd van mijn Xperia T met Tapatalk