best mail app

Search This thread

goofy gorilla

Oct 26, 2010
hiya guys - whats the best mail app to use on this phone?, the stock app is terrible, i like the stock one htc one android phones ..can that be used on the note 3 ?...what do you guys recommemend, i prefer to get instant notifications of email is more important to me then, anything else..ta

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
hiya guys - whats the best mail app to use on this phone?, the stock app is terrible, i like the stock one htc one android phones ..can that be used on the note 3 ?...what do you guys recommemend, i prefer to get instant notifications of email is more important to me then, anything else..ta

Aqua Mail and K-9 are quite good, though i like the Samsung email app too.

Last edited:

ag69

May 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

On my note 3 I use Mailbox for Gmail account and CloudMagic for Exchange accout. They are both really fast and realible.

Pierre118

Apr 13, 2011
The Hague

I think Aqua Mail is the one to go for. I use it for my gmail and outlook accounts. You can even download Development builds on their forum. It has a pleasant interface and a lot of options.

webjunky

Jun 15, 2009
i just use the gmail app , no complaints here. Guess it all depends on what you want in the app.

azrieqb

Feb 20, 2012
I am using cloudmagic for company exchange account. Works great for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

GDT

Mar 22, 2007
Bologna
Cloudmagic (free and perfect for exchange accounts, but a little "dangerous" about privacy) or Aquamail (very good but free version is limited to 2 accounts and adds app infos in each outgoing mail sign and paid version is expensive for me, about 4 euros).

CEPi

Jul 7, 2007
AquaMail but has no threaded messaging, some like that feature, I don't.

SolMail is good too.

Mailwise too.

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh

SolMail is good too.

Mailwise too.

I also like MailWise Beta, I use it for my Exchange server email. I used to use touchdown and Moxer but quickly stopped using those when I stumbled onto MailWise.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

SolMail is good too.

Mailwise too.

I am using cloudmagic for company exchange account. Works great for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Have you ever tried MailWise Beta? It allows you to bypass the exchange security lock if that is something you are interested in or if you company policy enforces that. I think it has a nice interface as well. I guess it all depends on user preference.

Julian Jeremiah

Apr 30, 2014
I'm still stuck with samsung email for my exchange account n I think it's a pretty decent one.. I've tried Aqua and K9 but didn't really like the user interface of both

Reactions: scarcett

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm still stuck with samsung email for my exchange account n I think it's a pretty decent one.. I've tried Aqua and K9 but didn't really like the user interface of both

Since flashing to 4.4 KK I have went back to the stock Samsung email client. I have turned off the exchange security bypass so the default Samsung app is fine for me now.

sent from my SM-N900V XDA mobile app. Running BajaRom KitKat 4.4

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh
Where/how did you get turn off that security?

I am running an Xposed module that allows me to turn it off. I am also using Wanam Xposed that has the option in it as well.

Edit:
If that doesn't work for you, you could always try MailWise Beta. They have an option to turn that off as well with a code. Download the app, before setting up your account, open the app, hit the menu button, click on exchange bypass and follow the instructions.

Last edited:

Julian Jeremiah

Apr 30, 2014
What's the name of that xposed module?

I am running an Xposed module that allows me to turn it off. I am also using Wanam Xposed that has the option in it as well.

Edit:
If that doesn't work for you, you could always try MailWise Beta. They have an option to turn that off as well with a code. Download the app, before setting up your account, open the app, hit the menu button, click on exchange bypass and follow the instructions.

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
I use SMail

It supports POP3, IMAP4, SMTP and Exchange ActiveSync. It also supports S/MIME for email signature and encryption.

Perfect for all my personnal accounts + business email.

Top Liked Posts