[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
probably I am sounding a bit noobish, but what exactly does storage lock tool do?

It removes the lock that Windows Phone puts on the SD card when it integrates it into the system so you can remove the card and reuse it.

Prior to this, cards that had been used in the Focus were unreadable by computers and the only way to recover them seemed to be using a Symbian handset or a few low level formatting programs. This way is easier. :D

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
I made a new CAB that makes the XBOX Live tile/icon conform to the system accent color and it also adds a METRO style Office tile/icon as well. Enjoy!

Attachments

• CUSTOM_ICONS.CAB
    37.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: woodbane

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
Hi voluptuary,

Is there any sound enhancer available for Focus.? Can we use the HTC sound enhancer as this ROM has HTC drivers.?

Also, any way we can get SimToolKit working ?
Being in INDIA, i want STK mandatory , if you can find a way to enable STK it will be more helpful

I am becoming more Flasholic nowadays. :p . So just wanted to ask is there any way to directly add useraccount like live,google etc. like using a XML file where i input the username and password and it will create all the accounts and sync for me.?

Last edited:

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hi voluptuary,

Is there any sound enhancer available for Focus.? Can we use the HTC sound enhancer as this ROM has HTC drivers.?

Also, any way we can get SimToolKit working ?
Being in INDIA, i want STK mandatory , if you can find a way to enable STK it will be more helpful

I am becoming more Flasholic nowadays. :p . So just wanted to ask is there any way to directly add useraccount like live,google etc. like using a XML file where i input the username and password and it will create all the accounts and sync for me.?

As far as I know there are no Sound apps that work on Samsung phones, the HTC apps I am pretty sure require hardware drivers not the app drivers that we can cook into ROM's. There are SIM apps available, if you do a search I'm sure you will be able to find them. All you would need to do is sideload them. I'm not sure how well any of them work though. As far as an XML, you could write one yourself and then apply it via the diagnosis app but I don't know how much time that will really save you in the long run, anyways registry tweaks for Live ID's and emails can be found HERE.

the extra accents don´t seem to work for me in the tango ROM, any directions?

XDA again has been super fickle with attachments, for some reason the .zip was corrupted when I tried to download it. I have updated the second post with a new CAB for the themes and accents, please try that.

As you wish. Office is always gray, thats just how the system does it, XBOX Live takes on whatever accent you have set.
attachment.php

Last edited:

mekkelrichards

Jul 2, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Google Pixel 6
Anybody having problems with images on sites not loading while using explorer? Often times for me the site's logo will not load. For example, if I go to google.com the google logo will not load. If I go to YouTube.com in the browser or in the app, the top buttons will not load and neither will the logo. The spinning dot in the center that says "loading" will also hang forever.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Anybody having problems with images on sites not loading while using explorer? Often times for me the site's logo will not load. For example, if I go to google.com the google logo will not load. If I go to YouTube.com in the browser or in the app, the top buttons will not load and neither will the logo. The spinning dot in the center that says "loading" will also hang forever.

Everything loads fine for me, just did a test with google and youtube and no problems at all.

How to update theme in Tango?

There is a CAB you can download from post #2 in this thread. You just send that to your phone with CAB Sender.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hey, quick question, does the voice note sending in sms app work? like when you attach a picture to sms you can also attach a voice note, does that work yet? because it doesnt seem to show up in any of the other tango ROMs
Like this:
http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-tango-mms-updates-demoed-will-come-to-all-windows-phones-in-q2/

Sadly no it doesn't, voice note doesn't appear to have been enabled yet in the leaked Tango ROM that all the custom ROMs are based off of.

Last edited:

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
amazing rom i used this since its release y use the new cab for icons but now i cant disable alphabet sort in apps.

The alpha sort is automatically triggered when you hit a certian number of apps installed, I think it goes away if you go back below that number. You might be able to use Root Tools to change that value to something really high so it never triggers, but I don't know the registry value off the top of my head.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
I added build 1.30 - Mango to the first post. It's just a slightly cleaned up version of 1.25 and has the XBOX Live and Office icon tweaks added. It's a very minor update and if you are already running 1.25 there is no need to flash this. It is however what I am currently running on my personal Focus.

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 1.30

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8107.79

【Firmware Version】 2124.11.9.4

-dft base
-ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full)
-csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares)
-original five focus display languages only
-original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
-removed now hub
-removed help & how-to
-removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
-fixed color banding
-fixed internet connection sharing
-diagnosis auto-installed (##634# call removed)
-network profile auto-installed
-high fidelity position auto-installed
-nokia drive included (v2.0 unbranded)
-htc app drivers included (v1)
-sd storage unlock
-gray accent added and set as default
-minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary CAB updates

Last edited:

Furry Atom

Dec 18, 2010
Hey um I unlocked the SD card but windows only recognizes it as having 200MB when it's a 16GB card. I recall hearing about this before but I don't remember if there was a fix. Does anyone know how I can remedy this issue?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hey um I unlocked the SD card but windows only recognizes it as having 200MB when it's a 16GB card. I recall hearing about this before but I don't remember if there was a fix. Does anyone know how I can remedy this issue?

You can reclaim the rest of the disk with disk management depending on how you mount the card with Windows or you can try my fav disk tool, a Live CD of gParted.

Reactions: Furry Atom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)