At&t Branding

Search This thread

colts187

Jan 3, 2012
Little Rock
I got my hd today and I love it. It keeps throwing me off having that at&t symbol right below the freaking home button. I keep hitting it. I guess i was too used to my gs3 home button. This phone is freakin awesome..

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

mqguitar

Nov 25, 2009
Miami, FL
I got my hd today and I love it. It keeps throwing me off having that at&t symbol right below the freaking home button. I keep hitting it. I guess i was too used to my gs3 home button. This phone is freakin awesome..

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

You are not alone lol!!

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
I hate the branding. It really takes away from the look of the phone.

Anyways, can't complain too much. This phone rocks. I cant wait for root. I'm going to make a tweaked build.prop for everyone to use. I'm sure I can get it to benchmark better than the SGS3. So who cares I guess, all phones these days look alike practically.

hotrod010

Mar 11, 2011
Yes that att branding pisses me off too!! And all that space could have been used for bigger screen!!!!

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

vectorized

Jan 14, 2011
San Francisco
ugh

Yes that att branding pisses me off too!! And all that space could have been used for bigger screen!!!!

No.... just no. I really wish people would stop saying this. You're all .... anyway:

There's a big black bar at the bottom for the same reason there's a big black bar at the top.
A) to put your hardware. It's gotta go somewhere. Bigger screen on top of the hardware, would've meant bigger/heavier phone.
B) There also has to be big black space at the top of the phone for the ear piece and the camera.... It has to match at the bottom, or else the screen wouldnt be symmetric.

Try this with me. Just for a second:
  • Hold your phone in landscape mode.
  • Imagine that you didnt have big black areas at the top or bottom
  • You'd have nowhere to rest your thumbs, and your fingers would be on the screen.
  • Also imagine how the screen would look offset to the bottom of the phone.... EW.

It matters less in portrait mode because you can squeeze the phone between your fingers & palm naturally.
When in landscape mode, you'll have to use two hands, and holding it with friction would be uncomfortable and unsafe.

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
No.... just no. I really wish people would stop saying this. You're all .... anyway:

There's a big black bar at the bottom for the same reason there's a big black bar at the top.
A) to put your hardware. It's gotta go somewhere. Bigger screen on top of the hardware, would've meant bigger/heavier phone.
B) There also has to be big black space at the top of the phone for the ear piece and the camera.... It has to match at the bottom, or else the screen wouldnt be symmetric.

Try this with me. Just for a second:
  • Hold your phone in landscape mode.
  • Imagine that you didnt have big black areas at the top or bottom
  • You'd have nowhere to rest your thumbs, and your fingers would be on the screen.
  • Also imagine how the screen would look offset to the bottom of the phone.... EW.

It matters less in portrait mode because you can squeeze the phone between your fingers & palm naturally.
When in landscape mode, you'll have to use two hands, and holding it with friction would be uncomfortable and unsafe.

I could careless for a screen larger than 4.3" the Atrix HD 4.5" is perfect.
I know there is hardware under the logo area. Also on the top end you have the notification LED, front camera and light sensor.
The complaint with the Death Star logo is that its right smack in the middle like the Iphone home button.
The Atrix HD looks really clean without buttons, but the logo disrupts the clan look and feel.

No one is really crying about it. Its just a frustrating after thought on behalf of AT&T. They could have placed it on the back with all that other serial number and LTE information is stamped.
I know that moshi screen protectors will cover the logos so you cant see them. I had one on my Atrix 2 and it was a really clean look.
I'll just have to wait for Moshi to make one for the MAHD.
So far I just have a universal one that only covers the screen area.

vectorized

Jan 14, 2011
San Francisco
I got the screen protector at the AT&T store, its great, covers the whole front of the phone, but it leaves a window for the deathstar. i'm probably gonna put some black something under it to hide it eventually. I think it's subtle enough. but it would've been much better on the back.

I promise you that wasnt added there by designers. it was added by a business person.

Reactions: Kedakari

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
I got the screen protector at the AT&T store, its great, covers the whole front of the phone, but it leaves a window for the deathstar. i'm probably gonna put some black something under it to hide it eventually. I think it's subtle enough. but it would've been much better on the back.

I promise you that wasnt added there by designers. it was added by a business person.

I agree.

Reactions: vectorized

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
Just a quick MSpaint Edit!

Branding removed.
I have to admit though... It looks kinda boring.
I should have left more of the Motorola Branding on the top.

1kedakari.jpg

Attachments

• 1kedakari.jpg
    1kedakari.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: vectorized

Wirelessgirl

Dec 17, 2008
Toronto
When I was watching some of the reviews on youtube, I thought the AT&T logo was a physical button. Why does AT&T have to slap their
logo on every phone they have? I have the Samsung S3 from Rogers and there's no logo on the phone. Pretty much all the Canadian carriers
don't put their logos on the phones now because everyone was complaining about it. I hope the Bell version of the Atrix HD don't have any Bell branding on it. I have to get mine from Bell because it doesn't look like Rogers will be carrying it. :(

Kedakari

Oct 29, 2010
Washington DC
www.facebook.com
If you want a really good screen protector that will cover the branding check out the Moshi screen protector.

Moshi Black Anti-Glare

The preview shows a Atrix 2, but I placed a phone call for an order earlier yesterday asking if they had it and Customer rep said they had it online.
It's 25 bucks, but worth every penny. I have one on my Atrix 2 and it covers all the branding. You just plop it on, no need to squeege it, or spray it with water. You place it on dry and its guaranteed not to bubble.
I had a amber from a bon fire land on my screen. It melted the edge of the screen protector, but my screen was fine.
I just peeled off the protector and used a pocket knife to scrape off the burnt piece.
The protector is very thick, and it would help with the Atrix HD's super sensitive screen thats notorious for selecting icons in the middle of a swipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I agree.
    Just a quick MSpaint Edit!

Branding removed.
    I have to admit though... It looks kinda boring.
    I should have left more of the Motorola Branding on the top.

1kedakari.jpg