[Q] Z1 Compact on ATT 4G LTE Network

Search This thread

vdsvdroid

Jul 18, 2013
Has anyone been able to use Z1C on ATT 4G LTE network in USA ?
If so , can you post the APN settings.

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
It doesn't have the 700mhz band for LTE. Most areas use that for LTE so most likely you are out of luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

G

Gaúcho comedor

This is what I've been able to achieve on H+ in downtown Las Vegas:

[
W2xnmCq.png

I do some light surfing and a lot of Reddit and Facebook throughout the day. I don't know if LTE coverage is bad here, but I haven't noticed any network speed difference between my Z1C and my S4.

vdsvdroid

Jul 18, 2013
asyqe6yg.jpg

Here's LTE on att. Got lucky certain parts of the metroplex use bands that work on the z1c

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

That is good news, but can you guys post here the APN settings from your phone in Settings - More - Mobile networks - Access Point Names
because I am only getting 3.5 Mb download speed, I am in Missouri.

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
hunynumu.jpg

dazetebu.jpg

Again depends on the area and make sure att has you on the lte data and not just the Hspa+ stuff that sometimes happens when you give them the IMEI of a non att smartphone

vdsvdroid

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks for the info. I had ATT Galaxy S4 Active with LTE, I use same SIM card with Xperia Z1C.
My APN settings are same as the one here, but in my area I only get HSPA+, which is still good enough for me.

Sylvinae

Mar 2, 2014
Agreed. HSPA+ is enough and seeing LTE was just the cherry on top

How does AT&T identify your xperia z1 compact on their network? Their customer support is telling me it is an unknown device and won't work with mobile data. I can text and make phone calls, but mobile data doesn't work.

I just need to know what to tell them so mobile data will work, because switching to T-Mobile would mean no service in my area.

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
When you put your sim in did you download the settings? I did that and got my data to work.

On att end I always give them an IMEI off an att lte device so that I get the right data plan but switching to mobile share I don't worry about it anymore

Reactions: Sylvinae

Sylvinae

Mar 2, 2014
When you put your sim in did you download the settings? I did that and got my data to work.

On att end I always give them an IMEI off an att lte device so that I get the right data plan but switching to mobile share I don't worry about it anymore

oh, so giving them my D5503's IMEI was a mistake and I should have just left it with my old galaxy S3 IMEI? Well there goes some money wasted in activation fees.

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
oh, so giving them my D5503's IMEI was a mistake and I should have just left it with my old galaxy S3 IMEI? Well there goes some money wasted in activation fees.

An At&t employee here. You don't pay any activation fee for activating a customer owned device on the account. Also your previous imei is still on the notes so you can call back and tell them to change the imei back to what it was. Tell them the date and time when you changed the imei and that will help you get your s3 imei. My z1 compact works fine on the network and I have a moto X as my imei.

With all of my at&t branded phones I got lte everywhere but with this phone I get it in some places like at work but not at home. Or maybe the Z1 compact just isn't lying to me and the at&t branded phones are. Could be a possibility but no matter cause I'm getting 13 down on hspa+

Reactions: Sylvinae

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
Where (What Country) did you buy your Z1C from and can you check what firmware you are on.
I bought mine online from UK and it comes with Euro version firmware.

asyqe6yg.jpg

Here's LTE on att. Got lucky certain parts of the metroplex use bands that work on the z1c

I am also curious as to what firmware you are on. I am only getting H+ also. My download speeds have been around 5. :(

bfstunoodle

Apr 12, 2014
Los Angeles
Has anyone been able to use Z1C on ATT 4G LTE network in USA ?
If so , can you post the APN settings.

YES, I just received my Z1C and it is running on LTE. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I had to manually enter the APN setting from ATT though. Below is the APN settings:

Name - AT&T Phone
APN - Phone
Proxy - Not set
Port - Not set.
User Name - Not set.
Password - Not set.
Server - Not set.
MMSC - h t t p://mmsc(dot)mobile(dot)att(dot)net -> (Change "dot" to real dot) (don't space out http like I did, the forum read this as an outside link)
MMS proxy - proxy(dot)mobile(dot)att(dot)net
MMS port - 80
MCC - 310
MNC - 410
Authentication type - None
APN type - mms,default,supl
APN protocol - IPv4
APN roaming protocol - IPv4
Bearer - Unspecified
MVNO type - None

Hope this cheers you up

Last edited:
asyqe6yg.jpg

This is very encouraging. I'm looking to get Z1C to get off of contracts on AT&T and eventually move over to T-Mobile since their coverage in the suburbs has way improved over the years.

Last edited:

megamaster2

Nov 17, 2012
I just bought mine and am coming from a Moto X. It should arrive soon. What should I do to ensure that LTE/HSPA+ works? I see that I should enter the APN settings but what do I do for the IMEI #?

drgato

Jan 20, 2009
Fort Myers
I am on ATT too and thinking on buying a Z1 Compact; but also worried about LTE coverage in my area (Fort Myers, FL)
Does any one know if band 17 (700) is used here?
I would love to have a smaller but powerful phone like this. Now on Xperia ZL, which I like, but it is not waterproof and does not have a 20 MP camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An At&t employee here. You don't pay any activation fee for activating a customer owned device on the account. Also your previous imei is still on the notes so you can call back and tell them to change the imei back to what it was. Tell them the date and time when you changed the imei and that will help you get your s3 imei. My z1 compact works fine on the network and I have a moto X as my imei.

With all of my at&t branded phones I got lte everywhere but with this phone I get it in some places like at work but not at home. Or maybe the Z1 compact just isn't lying to me and the at&t branded phones are. Could be a possibility but no matter cause I'm getting 13 down on hspa+

Hey all,

Just activated a Z1C on Cricket (AT&T) and was initially only getting HSPA+.

Noticed that by default in the "Mobile network settings" the preferred network type was set to "WCDMA (preferred)/GSM".

Changed this to LTE (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM and I started picking up LTE.

Hope this helps someone.