[ROM] SpeedLegend v0.6 [Senseless]

Search This thread

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
[DISCONTINUED!]
There are so many good roms out there, no need for this one. I nowadays prefer CyanogenMod6 and will stick to it, with small modifications. I suggest you do the same ;-)

So, here it is! My first cooking :)

The ROM is VERY stable. About 170MB free ram standard. When using a task killer (kill ALL) the RAM boosts up to 225MB. So this is my first public release, been tweaking and trying out different combinations of apps, more changes will come!

SpeedLegend v0.6 - Update Base 2.03.405.3

Changelog:
  • Boot sound removed!
  • Facebook sync loop fixed!
  • Bluetooth fixed! (Successfully transfered pics between my nokia and legend both ways)
  • Flickr re-added.
  • LauncherPro, ROM Manager, XDA-App, EStrong File Manager removed (d/l what you want from market! customize yourself!)
  • Full changelog of ALL removed files coming up at a later point. Right now? I'm too tired! ;)
  • No more A2SD version as it didn't seem to work properly.

SpeedLegend v0.511 - Minor update Base 2.03.405.3

Changelog:
  • Dialer One re-added (sorry about that)
  • HTC Lockscreen removed (Now using Vanilla Lockscreen)
  • HTC Peep Removed (now using Official Twitter, uninstallable)
  • Removed some more useless HTC stuff (nuff said! ;) )
  • Home Switcher removed (just get it from market if you want it)

SpeedLegend v0.51 - Minor update Base 2.03.405.3

Changelog:
  • Added XDA-App (uninstallable)
  • Added ROM Manager (Uninstallable)
  • Removed HtcMusic (Replaced by Eclair Music)
  • Removed HtcWorldClock (Replaced by DeskClock)
  • Removed some more useless HTC stuff
  • Deodex'd!
  • Without and with a2sd (a2sd untested! Please report!)

SpeedLegend v0.5 - Initial Release Base 2.03.405.3

What is Removed
  • Startup Wizard -> No wizard at first boot! (Useless?) Add accounts by Settings -> Accounts & Sync!
  • Sense UI (Rosie)
  • All HTC Widgets (or at least most of, until I know what all htc-files do. WIP!)
  • HTC Dialer (Replacement: Dialer One)
  • Weather (and all there is to it)
  • FieldTest (what is it?)
  • HTC Flickr
  • Footprints
  • PicoTts (text to speech)
  • And possibly alot more I've forgotten all about...
Moved to Uninstallable:
  • Calculator
  • Facebook
  • FriendStream
  • Peep (Twitter)
  • Voice Recorder
  • PDF Viewer
  • Maps
  • QuickOffice
  • Teeter
  • YouTube
Added to System:
  • ROOT (of course)
  • Dialer One (check out the screenshot)
Added (Uninstallable)
  • LauncherPro 7.1.0
  • Home Switcher
  • EStrong File Manager
  • USB Switcher
Other:
  • Facebook support remains intact! Syncing contacts with pics perfectly!

Download v0.6 - 4shared

Download v0.511 - 4shared
Download v0.511 a2sd - 4shared

Download v0.51 - Link removed!
Download v0.51 a2sd - Link removed!

Download v0.5 (no waiting time)
Download v0.5 a2sd (no waiting time) [UNTESTED! Can't test it myself due to class2 sd-card! (min class4 required!)]

94442796.png

Last edited:

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Known Issues/ToDo (v0.511)
  • No popup when connecting the phone to a computer, eg. no disk drive. Added USB Switcher (widget) until I manage to fix this (probably removed somthing that is needed). Add USB-widget to homescreen, connect phone to USB, press the widget - Now you have a disk drive connected.
  • Some options in Settings (Personalize, Text to Speech, Connect tp PC) cause FC because of Rosie and Tts-services removed.

Not ROM-related:
  • Want Live Wallpapers? Go Here!

Last edited:

jonaseg

Jul 29, 2010
Trondheim
Looks good : D
But I'll wait, as I haven't been doing any flashing with my phone yet, and I kind of like it as it is.
If possible without too much hassle, why not remove the messaging-app and install handcent(or something) instead?
And btw, why are you using the 2.03 ROM now when the 2.05 is out?

MichaelAlexanderBull

May 12, 2010
Looks good :)
no-one has released a 2.05 to use as base is pretty much the answer, i will use 2.05 as a base for my rom when someone releases it :)

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I liked it too, until they made it unusable(doesn't scroll all the way down when opening a thread..) in 2.05..

When base 2.05 comes, and if that bug still persists - I will definetly change the app to something else. But I'm trying to keep the memory usage minimal, I will have a look at handcent and compare it to the standard Eclair app. But as long as the base is 2.03 I'm guessing I'll keep it stock..

Still trying to deodex the ROM. damnit.. boot loop persists :<

mercury700ir

Dec 17, 2008
Hi...
Thanks for your release and efforts..
Now I am using RODRIGUEZ STYLE v 2.3 and it works good...
But today I faced with a problem that the nexus start page repeated after restarting the phone and the phone did not log in, I tried many ways but that was not fixed, so I decide to choose another ROm, I am not sure which rom should I use, but yours looks good.
I have some questions, then I am going to start installing it..
MY PHONE DATA:
Baseband: 47.26.35.04U_7.05.35.26.L
Build number: 1.31.405.4
-----------------------------------
Can I use your rom without any problems???
My phone was rooted with r4 modaco.
But Can I Unroot it after installing your rom and get the FROYO UPDATE that HTC is gong to release..???
I dont want to brick my phone because of wrong Radio version,and I dont know how can I find that, which rom is suitable for my phone and which one is not.,would you please tell me that, is this rom suitbale for my phone and i am not going to brick it?.. ;)
And, Does this Rom contain Persian or Arabic characters support for reading SMS and Web Browsing..???
Is the bluetooth works smoothly with this rom..??
Thanks for your answer...

Last edited:
When base 2.05 comes, and if that bug still persists - I will definetly change the app to something else. But I'm trying to keep the memory usage minimal, I will have a look at handcent and compare it to the standard Eclair app. But as long as the base is 2.03 I'm guessing I'll keep it stock..

Still trying to deodex the ROM. damnit.. boot loop persists :<

Did you remember to sign the apk's after the deodexing? That can be what is causing the bootloop... always sign all apk's when making a change.. ;)

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Can I use your rom without any problems???
My phone was rooted with r4 modaco.
But Can I Unroot it after installing your rom and get the FROYO UPDATE that HTC is gong to release..???
I dont want to brick my phone because of wrong Radio version,and I dont know how can I find that, which rom is suitable for my phone and which one is not.,would you please tell me that, is this rom suitbale for my phone and i am not going to brick it?.. ;)
And, Does this Rom contain Persian or Arabic characters support for reading SMS and Web Browsing..???
Is the bluetooth works smoothly with this rom..??
Thanks for your answer...

Yes, since your phone is rooted you can install this, and it will remain rooted. You can unroot the same way as with r4, eg. just install the RUU and it's done.
Persian/arabic did not work, neither menues or keyboard. I can look into that, see if I can find the solution for it.

mercury700ir

Dec 17, 2008
Yes, since your phone is rooted you can install this, and it will remain rooted. You can unroot the same way as with r4, eg. just install the RUU and it's done.
Persian/arabic did not work, neither menues or keyboard. I can look into that, see if I can find the solution for it.

thanks man...
I am really a fan of you.... ;)
Now I am downloading the rom..
My ROM ver is 1.31, if I upgrade it with your rom to 2.03, Can I install 1.31 RUU again?? or I should find a 2.03 RUU..??
And, I know that KYOSA add persian characters support to his ROM, maybe it can help you to do this for your next release... ;)

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
My ROM ver is 1.31, if I upgrade it with your rom to 2.03, Can I install 1.31 RUU again?? or I should find a 2.03 RUU..??
And, I know that KYOSA add persian characters support to his ROM, maybe it can help you to do this for your next release... ;)

You can unroot with any stock RUU, 1.31 if you want, or 2.03 if you prefer that. The RUU updater wont care which version of a rooted ROM you have.
I'll see what I can find about the languages. Found a way for G1 that should work for Legend roms too, but I'll se if I can find anything else.

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Okay, found this one update that should give arabic support to any ROM. I don't have a chance to test myself (I cant read arabic so I wouldn't know if it's right?). I did not make this file, I don't know who did, but I'm not taking any creds for it. :)

Download

Install the rom, then (without wiping), update with this. Please let us know if it works as it should. :)

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
Ok, this looks very nice. Ill try iy out.

oh btw, does this rom have app2SD ?

mercury700ir

Dec 17, 2008
Okay, found this one update that should give arabic support to any ROM. I don't have a chance to test myself (I cant read arabic so I wouldn't know if it's right?). I did not make this file, I don't know who did, but I'm not taking any creds for it. :)

Download

Install the rom, then (without wiping), update with this. Please let us know if it works as it should. :)

Ok, Thanks...
Tomorrow I'll try... ;)
The internet connection bandwidth here is dead I think, the download speed is about 14 KB/Sec now.. :(
I don't know why...
But tomorrow absolutely I'll give you the result.

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Ok, this looks very nice. Ill try iy out.

oh btw, does this rom have app2SD ?

No A2SD on this ROM (I dont have my class10 sd anymore, running on a class2 so cant use a2sd). I can make one with a2sd, but I can not test it myself..

EDIT: Added A2SD version in first post. Untested, feel free to try it and please report any problems!

Last edited:

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
arh kom så, viking! 200 dkr for 8gb class4!! hehe

This needs app2SD hehe

anyhow,
First boot was really fast, and noticed that after scrap'in all HTC on this ROM you forgot to replace the Screen-Lock !

Im personally fond of this vanilla one; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=709183
needs a deodexed rom tho ;-(

efex

Jul 15, 2008
Göteborg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
i left the lockscreen on purpose, and the htc music player (they are connected). i should change both, just havent really checked in to it yet. Still lots and lots of htc-files in the system/app, needs cleaning, but I'm working on it.

About the deodex, Im running into problems there.. Deodex (+ sign apk's) = reboot loop. Can't seem to figure it out! :mad:

I liked that lockscreen btw. I'll probably change to it, remove htc world clock (replace with eclair clock) and change the music player.

Last edited:

ali ba

Retired Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
Did you remember to sign the apk's after the deodexing? That can be what is causing the bootloop... always sign all apk's when making a change.. ;)

Short: Don't sign the apks, it's not necessary, even dangerous. And it breaks your precious ROMs.

Long explanation:

If you compile the sources yourself, the scripts will at a certain point create your private and public platform keys, store them in /etc and also sign all apks with it. So this wouldn't be a problem if you could compile Sense.

If you blindly re-sign every package you run into a problem: You use a key that differs from the one in the key-storage (the one HTC uses to build and sign). And there's nothing you can do about that.
Eventually you will face the biggest troubles with four packages.

Vending:
Resign it and no paid apps will available at all (which is obviously caused by replacing Google's signature with yours).

GoogleCheckin, GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider and NetworkLocation (and some non proprietary ones I don't remember):
Now these are even trickier as they require access to features that the platform strictly locks away from apps.

No app, downloaded or pre-installed is granted these rights except for when it was signed with the platform key. This was done to protect the users.

Resign these and you will see "Package xyz has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!" in your log-files.

That being said there are lot's of reasons why odexing could fail. I've had a few unsuccessful attempts of using dexopt-wrapper on my device without any obvious reasons - I know for sure that bootclasspath and everything else was correct.

But, there's a nice little trick to make it work: Don't do it (yourself)!
Instead you can grab the files from /cache/dalvik-cache, they are exactly the same.

Last edited: