Running 4.1.2.. Is my Note 2 up to date?

Search This thread

siratfus

Dec 28, 2011
Hey Guys, there is something I've never been clear about. My Note 2 is an international unlocked version. I'm using it on T-Mobile, will I be able to get the latest OS from T-mobile for my International version? Or, do I need to go to a Samsung website?

I always check the updates and it says I'm up to date, but I really would like 4.2 for mirror display capability. How do people get the latest OS? Like Kit Kat? Do you have to wait for t-mobile? Can you get it else where?

Please advise, thanks!

o(T_T)

Jan 19, 2011
Hey Guys, there is something I've never been clear about. My Note 2 is an international unlocked version. I'm using it on T-Mobile, will I be able to get the latest OS from T-mobile for my International version? Or, do I need to go to a Samsung website?

I always check the updates and it says I'm up to date, but I really would like 4.2 for mirror display capability. How do people get the latest OS? Like Kit Kat? Do you have to wait for t-mobile? Can you get it else where?

Please advise, thanks!

I think the latest update is on 4.3 because Samsung skipped the 4.2 update due to too many bugs report, and rumors about 4.4 is coming out late March. You can use Odin to update your device to 4.3 or you can go to the international Note 2 and get some custom roms that runs 4.4 kit kat

theinspector

Mar 16, 2014

Please advise, thanks!

Latest version is indeed 4.3, rumors of the Tmobile note 4.4 update has been pushed back to April/May, most likely in between then. You can find many stock roms on this site, check out the android develepment section of the forum, you can even find some 4.4 roms if you'd like. Good luck!