[Q] Help request with network reception after flashing a custom ROM.

Search This thread

Lithium1986

Apr 20, 2014
Hi All,

Since this is my first post, my name is Robin and my hobbies are house music, playing the guitar and video games. nice to meet you!

I require some help with flashing a custom rom to my Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070).

My goal is to have custom Rom working. The reason to change from stock 2.3.6. to a custom Rom is that is has become too slow and unresponsive to work with. I have changed to CM11 and then to Carbon Rom, and really like it, but both have a problem with reception. This is why i post it here, i don't think it is related to just a single Rom but to my phone in general.

I tried the following:
1. Gain root access through Odin. (baseband was originally I9700XXLK2, Dutch, carrier Tele2, which uses T-mobile network. not sure if the telephone was locked to this carrier).
2. flash TWRP using Odin.
3. download CM11 and google apps and flash it using TWRP.
4. no signal and com.phone.android stopped working every minute, as well as slow response when pressing power button.
5. flashed carbon rom, same problems.
6. went to xda-devs on irc for help, a nice guy explained to me that the problem likely resides in baseband.
7. downloaded the newest stock firmware for T-mobile in the netherlands from sammobile, extracted the modem.bin,md5 (after backing up efs and modem by help of the xda-dev on irc) and flashed it through odin as PDA after creating a tar file out of mode.bin.md5 ( by command tar -H ustar -c modem.img > modem2.tar)
8. Now the problems are gone except for the fact that i still have no reception! and baseband under settings --> phone is "smallband: unknown"!

Does anyone know of a solution to my problem? I wish to get reception. Did i not flash t he new modem image right?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi All,

Since this is my first post, my name is Robin and my hobbies are house music, playing the guitar and video games. nice to meet you!

I require some help with flashing a custom rom to my Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070).

My goal is to have custom Rom working. The reason to change from stock 2.3.6. to a custom Rom is that is has become too slow and unresponsive to work with. I have changed to CM11 and then to Carbon Rom, and really like it, but both have a problem with reception. This is why i post it here, i don't think it is related to just a single Rom but to my phone in general.

I tried the following:
1. Gain root access through Odin. (baseband was originally I9700XXLK2, Dutch, carrier Tele2, which uses T-mobile network. not sure if the telephone was locked to this carrier).
4. no signal and com.phone.android stopped working every minute, as well as slow response when pressing power button.
6. went to xda-devs on irc for help, a nice guy explained to me that the problem likely resides in baseband.
7. downloaded the newest stock firmware for T-mobile in the netherlands from sammobile, extracted the modem.bin,md5 (after backing up efs and modem by help of the xda-dev on irc) and flashed it through odin as PDA after creating a tar file out of mode.bin.md5 ( by command tar -H ustar -c modem.img > modem2.tar)
8. Now the problems are gone except for the fact that i still have no reception! and baseband under settings --> phone is "smallband: unknown"!

Does anyone know of a solution to my problem? I wish to get reception. Did i not flash t he new modem image right?

You must flash stock JB to get its baseband to be able to use 4.1+ ROMs. If you have I9070, beware not to install I9070P firmware, because that will hardbrick your phone.

You can get firmware from samsung-updates.com or sammobile.com and look in general section for rest of guides, you have one thread with most needed stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lithium1986

Lithium1986

Apr 20, 2014
You must flash stock JB to get its baseband to be able to use 4.1+ ROMs. If you have I9070, beware not to install I9070P firmware, because that will hardbrick your phone.

You can get firmware from samsung-updates.com or sammobile.com and look in general section for rest of guides, you have one thread with most needed stuff.

Thanks! That did the trick.

So, for anyone reading this later: in order to flash a custom 4.4.2 ROM to your GT-I9070 stock 2.3.6. phone, first flash jellybean! A nice guide is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2198341

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I tried the following:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk