Sony Xperia T Recovery Mode How To?

Search This thread

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying

If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android. ;)

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6
If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android. ;)

I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?

Registered for what? I don't recall having to register to download Flashtool? If it's installed just open it and use it. You probably have a different program.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
It was from the Sony website, I think called Emma. Found it searching around earlier. Got the one on here downloading, 45 minutes and counting on my 50mb connection

Ok, well Emma is not Flashtool. Don't know anything about Emma, so if you're gonna do it with that, then I have no idea and can't help you. But it most likely can be downloaded from the All-in-one thread in the Q&A forums.

neosnake991

Feb 21, 2011
Bargoed
Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
'Open Emma' is Sony's official flashing software for xperia devices. Read up on it it's also what I use, got a crap netbook set aside for it.

Http://developer.sonymobile.com/flash-tool/use-the-flash-tool-for-xperia-devices/

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

I meant, I've never used it, so I can't comment on how to use it. I know it's Sony's official software; but just because it performs the same functions as Flashtool, does not mean they are the same program.

I've never had interest in it since Flashtool works perfectly fine, and is developed by XDA developers instead of Sony developers.

neosnake991

Feb 21, 2011
Bargoed
You missed the point of my post, I was given a link for anyone else that wanted to know about it ;). As for me it's my last chance saloon as I have a unlocked bootloader.

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
You missed the point of my post, I was given a link for anyone else that wanted to know about it ;). As for me it's my last chance saloon as I have a unlocked bootloader.

Flashtool works with unlocked bootloaders as well...

neosnake991

Feb 21, 2011
Bargoed
Yeah I know but the ease of not looking for a ftf to flash is better, I use Flashtool a lot and am not putting it down, just some times I don't have time to waste.