[TOOLS] Mstar Android TV firmware tools

Search This thread

tim dugan

Dec 18, 2011
Mstar ISP Tool

I messed up mboot on my uMax85. I have ISP tool and board attached via VGA port, but am at a loss as to how get tool to connect and write to the TV. Is there anyone out there that can help? Thanks

Dpana

May 3, 2020
I have akai aktv3226 T with CV338H-T42 mainboard. I have make a emmc dump from mstar console with the command emmcbin. On the U disk I have found 3 file. BOOT1 BOOT2 and EMMC.bin
If I try to load back the dump with the commando bin2emmc the TV dies. Fortunately i have the ISP boot file and I can upload them with the RT809H programmer. So I have again the mstar console. But I need to charge the emmc.bin dump from mstar console
Any ideas ?

Hi! I desperate need the ISP boot files! Can you enlarge them to me? I have lost so many hours searching them... i have nightmares now! Thanks...

PS: them are called something like: mboot.bin, muninn_EISP_boot_****.bin, muninn_EISP_user_****.bin, rom_emmc_boot.bin

shivasharmaarya

Sep 18, 2013
Noida
Stuck on Black Screen

Bro i used the same steps for l43p2us. After restart TV Went to infinite loop and now the logo won't even show just black light. Can you suggest something what should i do?

If you want to enable HDR10 on HDMI ports of TCL TV P2US series/variants (based on MS6488 SoC).

+ Requirement:
- Root your TV with SuperSU
- Any file manager (I'm using ESFileExplorer and enabled Root)

+ Steps:
1/ Download TCL_HDR_HDMI.zip in attachment file
2/ Extract TCL-HDMI*-2.0-n3d-gb-hdr-420.bin file to /tclconfig/mstar/tvconfig/config/EDID_BIN/
3/ Edit your ProjectID ini file /tclconfig/model/
- In my TV, project ID is 187 (you can see it by open service menu via 9735 secret code), so I find EM_187_MS6488A.ini and edit:
Add these lines to enable HDR HDMI

Change these lines to use new EDID with support HDR10 signal.

- Save and reboot your TV.

+ Test HDR10 signal:
- I'm using Mi box 4k (firmware 6.0.1 build 1034), set screen resolution to 4k2k-60Hz, enable Deep Color, HDR set to auto, use HDMI3 port on TCL TV.
- Use Kodi to play Samsung Wonderland Demo.ts (4k HDR10 demo), this will auto switch HDMI signal to HDR10, new option HDR10 will appear in Picture Preset.
- ADB log will spam "HDMI HDR metadata" is instead "GetHdrStatus: bHdrEnable=0"

Jul 10, 2020
yeah hello so how do i just get rid of everything and put raspbian or puppylinux onto the chip and use usb for a keyboard and mouse and just turn the tv into a compuiter. thanks send me an email carrierm89 at gmaiI.com

shsjaaaaaa

Aug 2, 2020
Hello, how can I solve the above problems when I unpack the firmware?

Analizing header ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "unpack.py", line 44, in <module>
headerScript = header[:eek:ffset].decode()
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x90 in position 5: invalid start byte

arjav.m

Mar 27, 2014
Pune
Result of My own stupidity

I have a L43P2US with V8-s68at02-lf1v150 in India, and I was trying to use this guide as well as 4PDA to root, install Gapps, debloat as well as install Oreo (if possible - haven't yet been able to confirm from the threads if people are able to do so).
To start with, I was about to remove Deezer but while copying the remove command for the app from the guide, I didn't notice the spaces and in my mac sometimes copying a carriage return means it gets executed as soon as it runs on the terminal.
Hence, instead of executing the right commands after "tclsu", I ended up doing "rm -r /" which i assume cleared out the whole tv.
Please help me with a slightly noob-friendly guide to how to get the firmware/ROM back, atleast in the normal state. And if not, maybe I can use this state as a clean start to flash a pre-rooted, gapps installed oreo rom if anyone here can send it to me. @dipcore maybe you could help me?

riksyours

Aug 17, 2020
Bangalore
Unable to flash using USB

HI Everyone,

I have gone through all the tread here about MSTar. I have TCL L55P2US having software version installed: V8-S68AT02-LF1V156
I am getting this error every time i am trying to flash via USB "The validation of update package failed nd system update failed"
I have tried all these version to install : V8-S68AT02-LF1V158, V8-S68AT02-LF1V162, V8-S68AT02-LF1V198, V8-S68AT02-LF1V185, V8-S68AT02-LF1V182
I have successfully rooted my TV after 7 days of struggle and also tried flashing using power button method but no success.

Why I am trying to update: When i start my TV it doesnot start immediately and take 20-30 mins to show home screen. no TCL boot image and sound comes.

TCL Service Guy says: My TV has faulty panel which cost me around 80% of TV cost.
@dipcore could you please help me here urgently

Sep 1, 2020
Hello Experts

I have Mstar board based smart TV having MSD6A838-T8E Motherboard.
I have changed Motherboard since my Motherboard was faulted.
Now after replacing the mother, the screen on the TV is not aligned properly and also there is huaping problem which seems to be Panel mapping problem.
I have checked in factory menu (Source + 2580) and there is no option for LVDS mapping in there.

Can anyone help me how can i correct the LVDS mapping if the option is not present in settings.

sagbashie

Sep 18, 2020
Good morning zerokaister12
Please i saw in one of your post that you have the firmware for l49P2us for TCL Tv please kindly help send into this email sagbashie@gmail.com

Thank you
Kind Regards

A

Ancient12Tree

Info request

dipcore hi
you seem to know a lot about Mstar based TVs . There's very little info online, let alone someone who knows..
I hope you can help desperate_me out.

I installed , in Haier TV (LE50B7000x, 1920) with T.MS608.81 mainboard, that I believe is Mstar's (MstarUpgrade.bin) , Mstar Firmware for the mainboard ( As I couldn't find Haier's original).

As a result :
1. Remote lost functionality. I can't find the code for my universal remote.
  • Do you happen to know it ?
  • or, how can I find it ?
2. Buttons changed behavior, now CH+/- acts as Vol+/- , and MOST important : no Enter/OK/Accept key ! ( stuck with chinese etc)
  • The only "OK" is a second click on Source menu button .
  • This button always pops the Source menu, thus I think it should have been the "OK" ( button #4 of 7 ) ?

Does this situation tell of a botched flash/update ?

Thank you and keep safe

Thabto

Jun 17, 2012
LUXOR TV
Model: 55S2000D
Mainboard: 40-MT56T2-MAH2HG

Problem: Stuck in burn-in mode (i.e. dispaying block colors red, blue, green, white from the moment I plug it into an ac outlet. . It does not respond to the remote control, I've read that it's entered in "burn-in mode". How can I fix this problem? How do I exit the burn-in mode?

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 592
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 575
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 544
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mstar Android TV firmware tools​
    Phython 3.4+ required.

Currently available tools:
    unpack.py - unpack MStar bin firmware
    pack.py - pack MStar bin firmware
    extract_keys.py - extract AES and RSA-public keys from MBOOT binary
    secure_partition.py - encrypt image and generate signature file

Unpack MStar bin firmware files
    Code:
    Usage: unpack.py <firmware> <output folder [default: ./unpacked/]>
            <firmware> - MStar bin firmware to unpack
            <output folder> - directory to store unpacked stuff. Default value: ./unpacked/

Pack MStar bin firmware
    Usage: pack.py <config file>
    Code:
    Example: pack.py configs/letv-x355pro-full.ini
            <config file> - Configuration file. The config file structure will be described later.
                            For now you can take a look at configs/letv-x355pro-full.ini
                            and use it as an example

Extract keys from MBOOT
    That tool is used to get AES and public RSA keys from the MBOOT. AES keys are needed to encrypt/decrypt boot.img and recovery.img images. aescrypt2 tool is used.
    Code:
    Usage: extract_keys.py <path to mboot> [<folder to store keys>] [<key bank offset>] [<key bank size>]
    Defaults:
              <folder to store keys>        keys
              <key bank offset>             0x168e00
              <key bank size>               0x450
    Example: extract_keys.py ./unpacked/MBOOT.img
    Example: extract_keys.py ./unpacked/MBOOT.img ./keys 0x169e00 0x450

Encrypt partition and generate signature
    All new MStar builds have SECURE_BOOT option enabled. In that case boot.img and recovery.img is encrypted (AES) and signed with RSA priv keys. That script is used to encrypt image and generate sign file.
    To manually encrypt|decrypt image use aescrypt tool from bin folder. AES key can be extracted from MBOOT with extract_keys.py script.
    Code:
    Usage: secure_partition.py <file to encrypt> <AES key file> <RSA private key file> <RSA public key file> <output encrypted file> <output signature file>
    Example: secure_partition.py ./pack/boot.img ./keys/AESbootKey ./keys/RSAboot_priv.txt ./keys/RSAboot_pub.txt ./pack/boot.img.aes ./pack/bootSign

Download tools:
    https://github.com/dipcore/mstar-bin-tool
    If you want to enable HDR10 on HDMI ports of TCL TV P2US series/variants (based on MS6488 SoC).

+ Requirement:
    - Root your TV with SuperSU
    - Any file manager (I'm using ESFileExplorer and enabled Root)

+ Steps:
    1/ Download TCL_HDR_HDMI.zip in attachment file
    2/ Extract TCL-HDMI*-2.0-n3d-gb-hdr-420.bin file to /tclconfig/mstar/tvconfig/config/EDID_BIN/
    3/ Edit your ProjectID ini file /tclconfig/model/
    - In my TV, project ID is 187 (you can see it by open service menu via 9735 secret code), so I find EM_187_MS6488A.ini and edit:
    Add these lines to enable HDR HDMI
    [M_HDR]
    # if true, enable VS buffer switch patch, means to open HDMI HDR; if false: close HDME HDR
    F_HDR_HDMI = 1;
    #if mm or hdmi need support HDR feature, the flag should be set, otherwise should be cleaned.
    F_HDR_SUPPORT = 1;
    Change these lines to use new EDID with support HDR10 signal.
    [HDMI_EDID_1]
    HDMI_EDID_File_2_0 = "/config/EDID_BIN/TCL-HDMI1-2.0-n3d-gb-hdr-420.bin";
    [HDMI_EDID_2]
    HDMI_EDID_File_2_0 = "/config/EDID_BIN/TCL-HDMI2-2.0-n3d-gb-hdr-420.bin";
    [HDMI_EDID_3]
    HDMI_EDID_File_2_0 = "/config/EDID_BIN/TCL-HDMI3-2.0-n3d-gb-hdr-420.bin";
    - Save and reboot your TV.

+ Test HDR10 signal:
    - I'm using Mi box 4k (firmware 6.0.1 build 1034), set screen resolution to 4k2k-60Hz, enable Deep Color, HDR set to auto, use HDMI3 port on TCL TV.
    - Use Kodi to play Samsung Wonderland Demo.ts (4k HDR10 demo), this will auto switch HDMI signal to HDR10, new option HDR10 will appear in Picture Preset.
    - ADB log will spam "HDMI HDR metadata" is instead "GetHdrStatus: bHdrEnable=0"
    Hello
    I havent root my tv.

This is instruction how to update google services

Description:
    All necessary (missing and updated) components required for the Google Play Market to work on TCL LxxP1US, LxxP2US, LxxC1US, LxxC1CUS. Included in the archive of packages, libraries and binaries are taken from OpenGapps version of arm64, Android 5.1, tvstock. Works on all firmware, including V108 and V150.

A responsibility:
    You are responsible for what you do with your device. If you are not sure of your abilities, do not do the described actions better. To avoid errors, it is recommended to copy-paste commands, rather than typing manually.

Installation:
    1. It is assumed that you have the ADB utility installed on your computer.
    2. Download zip-archive and unpack it into the directory where ADB is located.
    3. Start the terminal ("cmd" for Windows) and go to the directory with ADB.
    4. Check that there is a connection to the TV:

Code:
    adb devices

Find IP of ur's TV

Code:
    adb connect <ip>:5555

5. Copy the data to the device:

Code:
    adb push tar-arm /sdcard
    adb push tcl-system-gapps.tar /sdcard

6. Go to the remote system:

Code:
    adb shell

Then we take a root

Code:
    tclsu

7. Installing gapps

Code:
    cd /system
    cp /sdcard/tar-arm xbin/tar
    chmod 0755 xbin/tar
    tar -xf /sdcard/tcl-system-gapps.tar
    rm /sdcard/tcl-system-gapps.tar /sdcard/tar-arm
    exit

8. Done. If all commands are executed without errors, you can close the terminal and reboot the TV (it is better to disconnect from the socket).
    9. After the reboot, we check the work of the market play. Attention: Play Market application from TCL Appstore must be installed. Do not worry, this is not the market itself, but only a shortcut for launching the built-in application from the shell.

Note #1: on MacOS / Linux before "adb" it is necessary to type "./"
    Note #2: the reboot after installation lasts a very long time (I had about 5 minutes). This is normal, the system should index new packages.
    Note #3: if something went wrong, and the TV is not loaded, you can return everything back, flashing through the flash drive with an alternative method from the cap.

Download gapps from my google drive
    Or download it from
    @hexcoder will i used the above method but replaced the file for google play services in this file tcl-system-gapps.tar with latest google play services for android tv which i downloaded from apk mirror

what you have to do is download the latest google play services for android tv and rename it PrebuiltGmsCorePano.apk
    and insert it in the file tcl-system-gapps.tar in the priv-app folder follow the above guide and it will be updated

and if you want i can upload the updated files for you but when i get home
    Hello
    I havent root my tv.

This is instruction how to update google services - 4pda.ru)

Description:
    All necessary (missing and updated) components required for the Google Play Market to work on TCL LxxP1US, LxxP2US, LxxC1US, LxxC1CUS. Included in the archive of packages, libraries and binaries are taken from OpenGapps version of arm64, Android 5.1, tvstock. Works on all firmware, including V108 and V150.

A responsibility:
    You are responsible for what you do with your device. If you are not sure of your abilities, do not do the described actions better. To avoid errors, it is recommended to copy-paste commands, rather than typing manually.

Installation:
    1. It is assumed that you have the ADB utility installed on your computer.
    2. Download zip-archive and unpack it into the directory where ADB is located.
    3. Start the terminal ("cmd" for Windows) and go to the directory with ADB.
    4. Check that there is a connection to the TV:

Code:
    adb devices

Find IP of ur's TV

Code:
    adb connect <ip>:5555

5. Copy the data to the device:

Code:
    adb push tar-arm /sdcard
    adb push tcl-system-gapps.tar /sdcard

6. Go to the remote system:

Code:
    adb shell

Then we take a root

Code:
    tclsu

7. Installing gapps

Code:
    cd /system
    cp /sdcard/tar-arm xbin/tar
    chmod 0755 xbin/tar
    tar -xf /sdcard/tcl-system-gapps.tar
    rm /sdcard/tcl-system-gapps.tar /sdcard/tar-arm
    exit

8. Done. If all commands are executed without errors, you can close the terminal and reboot the TV (it is better to disconnect from the socket).
    9. After the reboot, we check the work of the market play. Attention: Play Market application from TCL Appstore must be installed. Do not worry, this is not the market itself, but only a shortcut for launching the built-in application from the shell.

Note #1: on MacOS / Linux before "adb" it is necessary to type "./"
    Note #2: the reboot after installation lasts a very long time (I had about 5 minutes). This is normal, the system should index new packages.
    Note #3: if something went wrong, and the TV is not loaded, you can return everything back, flashing through the flash drive with an alternative method from the cap.

Download gapps from my google drive - tvgapps
    Or download it from opengapps.org