[ROM][4 APR 13] RTS 1.2.5 |ICS 4.04|Sense 3.6 [Amidabuddha's kernel][Multi HBOOT]

Search This thread

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Thanks andrewschumi for quick update.

• Working without problem on Hboot 7.00.1002.
  • Volume keys wake up fixed.
  • S2w init.d file's permissions still wrong. After changed permissions script workin.
  • ScreenShot feature wasn't workin even edited build.prop file. I realized there are spaces front and behind of equal sign. After editing spaces it started to work too. Edited whole spaces front and behind of equal sign, seems no problem
  • Links in mail and sms not workin. There was a solution for that. I'm looking for it.

I found the problem on s2w permissions. I had a permission line 775 for the init.d folder after s2w permission 755. FIXED and ready for the next update
Crashing links was my fault due to copy-paste an old build.prop. FIXED and ready for the next update
for current version just replace the line "ro.da1.enable=true" to "ro.da1.enable=false" and add under that "ro.da1.method=false"

Cole07

Oct 20, 2011
Crashing links was my fault due to copy-paste an old build.prop. FIXED and ready for the next update
for current version just replace the line "ro.da1.enable=true" to "ro.da1.enable=false" and add under that "ro.da1.method=false"

Hi, thanks for reply. I edited build.prop as you wrote, reboot and links are workin now :) Thanks

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
Re: [ROM][2 APR 13] RTS 1.2.4 |ICS 4.04|Sense 3.6 [Amidabuddha's kernel][Multi HBOOT

Great rom flashed it last night after running full sense 4.1 which slows right down after a few days. I have edited the build.prop as mentioned above also.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Late script and permission errors corrected

Ver. 1.2.5
several tweaks in Build.prop
SIM toolkit in not install by default, but as an option
crashing links bug corrected
s2w permissions corrected

Todo list
Put a power menu option in EQS. I managed to put it as fuction of search soft button, but after that s2w action need more precise fingers

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1

Ver. 1.2.5

Todo list
Put a power menu option in EQS. I managed to put it as fuction of search soft button, but after that s2w action need more precise fingers

Can I flash this over 1.2.4?

Darshik10

Mar 11, 2013
Mumbai
Internet pass-through!

Internet pass-through not working for me!
the logo for internet pass-through appears but its not working!
opening playstore or mails gives an error "no connection" :confused:

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Internet pass-through not working for me!
the logo for internet pass-through appears but its not working!
opening playstore or mails gives an error "no connection" :confused:

1)Internet pass-through is related to your pc also. I had never had problems with that.
2)That's very peculiar you have access to the internet and you cannot enter the playstore? Did you tried, to close the app and open it again.

which are your installation selections on kernel?

Darshik10

Mar 11, 2013
Mumbai
1)Internet pass-through is related to your pc also. I had never had problems with that.
2)That's very peculiar you have access to the internet and you cannot enter the playstore? Did you tried, to close the app and open it again.

which are your installation selections on kernel?

i selected the patched kernel(not b2b),i tried closing the app and restarting it again.. there might be some problem from my pc!
yes internet pass-through was working earlier on the first day i flashed the rom! but the second time i tried it was not working :confused:

edit::works: settings>more>ticked internet pass-through!
direct selection from the options when usb plugged in just shows the pass-through logo but it doesnt work! (Y)

Last edited:

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
edit::works: settings>more>ticked internet pass-through!
direct selection from the options when usb plugged in just shows the pass-through logo but it doesnt work! (Y)

I think it's a side effect of the crashing links wourkaround, but i'm not sure. I will check-google-xda for a solution. thanks for let me know

Reactions: Darshik10

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
Can u implement the screenshot button ? Power+home button to take screenshot...

Btw, when using camera, the brightness turn to maximum..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

Wh00sher

May 12, 2009
I`ve never had the battery run down as quick as with this ROM.

Even on light internet browsing, it ran down alarmingly quickly. No idea why, apps are the same on each ROM I`ve tried, but I can`t live with the battery lasting less than a day !

Shame.

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1

Even on light internet browsing, it ran down alarmingly quickly. No idea why, apps are the same on each ROM I`ve tried, but I can`t live with the battery lasting less than a day !

Shame.

I've had no problems, I think this rom is so smooth, especially compared to full sense 4.1 which just gets unusable for me as it slows down so much. Battery life is good for me.

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Can u implement the screenshot button ? Power+home button to take screenshot...

Btw, when using camera, the brightness turn to maximum..
Screenshot cannot work with s2w. You can do two things to make it work.
1) in advanced power menu there is the screenshot option.
2) for permanent use of screenshot function(and s2w disabling) edit build.prop in /system/(use root browser lite) and change the ro.htc.framework.screencapture= value from FALSE to TRUE. (taken from kernel op)

Shame.

I think you are using another rom, or your battery is pretty much useless. My phone lasts 3 days with 4-5 calling hours per day. Over 2 days when i use wifi (and i mean browsing not just wifi on) for 1-2hours per day plus calling hours. When I use data packages the battery life falls to over a day(30-35hours) but is common knowledge that data packages are battery consuming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42R1 and nodeffect

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for the tip :)
If u could fix the camera would be perfect.. your Rom seems very stable and smooth.. thanks for your work buddy...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

42R1

May 22, 2012
need help

I'm htc-unlocked. need to flash boot.img but I can't find them. where can i find boot.img?

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
I'm htc-unlocked. need to flash boot.img but I can't find them. where can i find boot.img?
You have to remember what type of kernel you've selected in aroma in order to copy the right one.
rom.zip->extra->kernel-><kernel_type->boot.img
if you have oldler hboot (6.98.x etc) then you must go to
rom.zip->extra->kernel->olderhboot-><kernel_type->boot.img

Reactions: 42R1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ../\./\..Greatings from RTS 1.2.5 development team../\./\..​

We are proud to announce the release of our RTS rom. Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S, but with many improvements, and removals of bloatware.We may be new to the community, but we have the will to improve ourselves and the rom, for your enjoyment. Of course it would be good for us to have your feedback and bug report. Our target is to develop a elegant and stable rom to make Desire S a great companion everywhere you go.

Rom creation and features
    Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S
    Base ROM Cooked with dsixda's Android Kitchen
    Aroma Installer with many customizations...
    Amidabuddha's Kernel with free to choose either the patched or the B2B version.
    De-odexed both apps and framework
    Pre-rooted
    Chainfire's SuperSu superSU
    Installed Busybox with run-parts support
    Bash shell support
    All applications are up-to-date!!!
    A few applications moved to data/app, so users can delete unnecessary apps
    Reduced RAM usage(up to 280mb free)
    Extended battery stamina
    other improvements...
    Antutu score...4604 on demand
    much to come...

Rom recquirements
    !!Update!!
    This is the first hybrid custom-stock rom. There are three options in aroma regarding HBOOT(ics stock hboot, custom hboots and older 6.98.xx hboots). So for the later hboots there is the option of sticking to the "stock mode", or to the "custom" one. Choose wisely.
    This ROM is tested and working on HBOOT 7.00.1002, but scripts are written to fully support the 2.0x.xx HBOOTs (2.00.2002 2.00.0002 2.02.002) and 6.98.xxx hboot.

Installation Procedure
    -I. Boot to bootloader (power-off, hold volume-down and power buttons for a few seconds) and write down your hboot
    I. Download ROM ;) and save it in sd-card
    II. Enter recovery and perform factory reset(recommended), wipe both cash and dalvik cash
    III. Install rom (wait 1 or 2 minutes)
    IV. Reboot your phone and wait for another 2 or 3 minutes
    V. Welcome to RTS 1.2.5 world

Before downloading and flashing(you will see that and in the installation process too) remember that, you try this at your own risk! I don't think that there will be any problem, but I have to remind you just in case.

DOWNLOAD
    RTS 1.2.5
    md5sum:b68250204fcb9a894340120fe314340c

Earlier versions
    RTS 1.2.4
    RTS 1.2.3

This is the the most elegant rom, with many customizations in the installation process. ENJOY!!!

FAQs
    I. After flashing the rom and reboot the phone, it stuck in the initial screen (HTC), Bricked phone?
    No, probably your phone is S-ON and had previously a custom rom and a different boot.img. So, after flashing the rom from recovery, reboot to bootloader, connect the phone with the pc, put the boot.img from the zip to the same directory of fastboot, start cmd and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then reboot.
    • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/b2b/
    • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/patched/
    • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/b2b/
    • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/patched/

II. When i open an application that needs root permission it tell me that, root permission not granted. What happened?
    Open SuperSU, it needs su update, press yes to that, and it's done.

Changelog
    Ver. 1.2.5
    Ver. 1.2.4
    Full Support for all hboots.
    Free to choose between stock-version or custom version for later hboots.
    Wake up disabled
    some corrections in scripts
    little more...
    Ver. 1.2.3
    Must faster than previews versions.
    Aroma installer with many customizations
    Browser selection
    System app sellection, like file explorer, titanium and more
    Suite app selection, polaris office, adobe etc.
    Social app selection, facebook, twitter, etc.
    HTC bloatware selection
    Updated Google Store to latest.
    Amidabuddha's Kernel version selection, (patched or b2b)
    Sweep2wake
    battery % mod
    APM
    some more...

Ver. 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
    never gone public...features' test builds...
    Ver. 1.0.10
    Added more options at the quick settings section (inspired by ICE_DS)
    Updated Google Store to latest
    Added boot logo and shutdown logo. Very nice indeed
    Updated all apps to latest
    Another 10% battery life improvement from RTS 1.0.06
    Antutu benhmark score 3405
    Ver. 1.0.08
    Rebuilded and tested for personal use only...
    Ver. 1.0.07
    Buggy...aborted...deleted...
    Ver. 1.0.06
    Fix a bug of Facebook sync
    Added Titanium backup on data/app
    Updated teamviewer and ebay mobile
    some stock widget corrections
    Ver. 1.0.05
    Applications installed under data/app folder
    Adobe reader
    Dropbox
    ebay mobile
    ES File manager
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Gmail
    Street View
    Voice Search
    Youtube
    IMDB
    Twitter
    Teamviewer
    Quickboot
    Added applications under data/app folder
    Opera Browser
    Polaris Office
    Removed applications+widgets
    Stock+stockwidgets
    Playwigdets
    androidcalendarwidget
    watchappwidget
    hctgreaderwidget
    some visual themes removed
    other...

Thank You list
    The majority of thanks go to me for searching, reading, compiling, editing, cooking, flashing, testing, varius builds (from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1) that never came to public due to unstable features, or personal use only builts. Though I must admit that some thanks must be credited.
    Many thanks to my device, for not been bricked after all of this...:D
    Many many thanks to my girlfriend:). she suffers a lot.
    dsixda (kitchen)
    amarullz (aroma installer)
    Amidabuddha (kernel):good:
    Chainfire (superuser)

ScreenShots
    New version!!
    New features!!
    Enjoy!!!

Ver. 1.2.3
    Must faster than previews versions.
    Aroma installer with many customizations
    Browser sellection
    System app sellection, like file explorer, titanium and more
    Suite app sellection, polaris ofice, adobe etc.
    Social app sellection, facebook, twitter, etc.
    HTC bloatware selection
    Updated Google Store to latest.
    Amidabuddha's Kernel version selection, (patched or b2b)
    Sweep2wake
    battery % mod
    APM
    some more...
    Will this work on all hboots?

One more thing, well done on the ROM , its great to have new developers adding to this corner of xda :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7

If it is running on untouched stock kernel it won't boot on 0.98.2000/6.98.x bootloaders due to the lack of /system/lib partition that was introduced in 2.0x.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    New version RTS 1.2.4 is up.

changelog
    Ver. 1.2.4
    Full Support for all hboots.
    Free to choose between stock-version or custom version for later hboots.
    Wake up disabled
    some corrections in scripts
    little more...

Ver. 1.2.5

Todo list