Sep 11, 2010
Andover
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 5
Hi,

Anyone else having the following issues with ICS (stock, rooted):

• Locked screen, using power button doesn't work
  • Reboot and stuck on Asus Logo?

both resulting in pressing on and power up to restart..

seems like this update isn't fully tested. I haven't done a full wipe, I simply updated through OTA... should I try this? If I do, can I do an ADB backup and restore?

Thanks folks

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Hi,

seems like this update isn't fully tested. I haven't done a full wipe, I simply updated through OTA... should I try this? If I do, can I do an ADB backup and restore?

Thanks folks

its most likely because you were rooted and did modifications that caused the OTA to fail and mess something up.

The OTA itself was tested by ASUS, its you who did mods to the tablet that made the OTA fail for you. You'll most likely have to wipe and start all over. Or just DL a custom ROM.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
its most likely because you were rooted and did modifications that caused the OTA to fail and mess something up.

The OTA itself was tested by ASUS, its you who did mods to the tablet that made the OTA fail for you. You'll most likely have to wipe and start all over. Or just DL a custom ROM.

I wiped, totally cleaned the system, installed WW latest full blob then the update, and it occured. Just to note, my only mod was root, nothing else.

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
Hi,

Thanks folks

WTF? You have errors. You no you didn't wipe.....Always Wipe. Always. ..Always... IF you don't and then get errors. wipe. Seriously....Wipe it. lol did I mention you should have wiped it?

Reactions: garpunkal

garpunkal

Sep 11, 2010
Andover
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 5

All I did was root... that shouldn't affect the OTA, especially as the OTA unrooted my device anyway!

I'll wipe now and let you know the outcomes.

Reactions: tweaked

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
can I use adb backup to restore all my apps and settings if I go for option B?

I wouldn't. Atleast not right away. You have an issue. You don't no whats causing it. First Wipe and then reinstall. If after that you can't make the problem appear again, I would do a nandroid, and then attempt the restore of your apps. If no issues; Profit. But if you find issues after you can then restore to the nand and go through your apps one at a time to figure it out.

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
ok.

I still can't understand why this OTA on stock (rooted but unmodified) has problems.

I shouldn't have to wipe it.

I have no real answers for you.
But I would assume its cause ICS updates the framework and countless other stuff that can't just be "updated". You would have thought they would have made the OTA auto Wipe. I would have. I could be completely off tho. Maybe its just broke. Lol

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
'

Why did you do this; installed WW latest full blob then the update

Full wipe and then install the Full ICS WW. Thats all that should be needed.

- No ICS blob currently available
- This is the exact way everyone (I mean, every home user, without development background, etcetera, the "noobs") did it, who got the errors

So basically I did how officially it's done.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

But I would assume its cause ICS updates the framework and countless other stuff that can't just be "updated". You would have thought they would have made the OTA auto Wipe. I would have. I could be completely off tho. Maybe its just broke. Lol

You're wrong. Asus made it in a way it shouldn't affect the system, yet, in some cases it does.

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
- No ICS blob currently available
- This is the exact way everyone (I mean, every home user, without development background, etcetera, the "noobs") did it, who got the errors

So basically I did how officially it's done.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

You're wrong. Asus made it in a way it shouldn't affect the system, yet, in some cases it does.

Well I said I could be wrong. :)
I wouldn't have done it that way.
On other Devices I have if you mess with the framework you have to full wipe. You can't just update. But, really what do I know. Im just a retard truely.

Last edited:

Toast95135

Nov 10, 2010

I bet people (non tech saavy) would throw a fit if the update did a full wipe, even if it had a warning beforehand.

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
I swear Asus should fix these problems and they are more OTA updates issues and not the fact I didn't wipe.

Other people must be having these problems?!!?

I had no real issues with ICS when I was running it. I just preffered OC and UV.
Once a kustom kernel is available I'll switch for good.

That said, there are a few threads with issues. Give a look through the first 4 pages for so.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks folks

WTF? You have errors. You no you didn't wipe.....Always Wipe. Always. ..Always... IF you don't and then get errors. wipe. Seriously....Wipe it. lol did I mention you should have wiped it?

All I did was root... that shouldn't affect the OTA, especially as the OTA unrooted my device anyway!

I'll wipe now and let you know the outcomes.