Bricked Galaxy TAB 8.9 (GT-7300) - $20 reward for working solution

Search This thread

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
Hi,

So, I got a Samsung Galaxy TAB 8.9 (GT-7300) WiFi+3G. Nordic/European version. I have a long history of rooting and running custom ROM's on my Android devices, but this time i f##ed up a bit.

1. Installed root_original.zip from this thread by copying it on to the tablet and applying it from stock recovery.

2. Booted and installed Superuser and ROM Manager from Market.

3. Used ROM Manager to install CWM for Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Yes, I know...).

4. Tab would not boot, but I could still get in to download mode. Browsed some XDA threads and came across this guy who seemed to have the same problem. I did not see that he had a P7310 (WiFi only) tablet. So, I used Odin 1.85 to install the bootloader, which was for the P7310, not for P-7300. Now, the tablet boots but the display is just flickering, like it is using a wrong refresh rate or wrong resolution. Not at all possible to read anything, but I can still get into Download mode.

5. Installed stock rom from here, specifically this one: P7300XWLA2------2012 January----P7300NEELA1-----Nordic countries----

Still no luck. The tablet boots into Android but the display is still flickering.

$20 for anyone who gets me out of this mess :)

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
You could also try the Swedish firmware: http://hotfile.com/dl/146666862/13403b2/P7300XWKL4_P7300NSEKL1_NSE.zip.html

The NSE are usually pretty much the same as NEE with some swedish bloatware. Worth a try I guess.

Also see this guide for how to use Odin in case you did something wrong: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1406137

One thing that I've noticed when flashing with Odin is that even if I check the F.reset checkbox it still does not do a factory reset (at least it did not do it for me). You should be able to do a factory reset using the stock recovery.

Oh and btw, my advice is for free.

Reactions: .:RooZi.BeH:.

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
Hi safariking,

I can get in to recovery, but I'm unable to read anything, as the display is just flickering. I would need a press-by-press guide in order to perform the steps correctly... :/

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
You could also try the Swedish firmware: http://hotfile.com/dl/146666862/13403b2/P7300XWKL4_P7300NSEKL1_NSE.zip.html

The NSE are usually pretty much the same as NEE with some swedish bloatware. Worth a try I guess.

Installs correctly but does not fix my display problem.

kallt_kaffe said:
Also see this guide for how to use Odin in case you did something wrong: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1406137
I followed the guide step-by-step. No errors occured during flashing.

One thing that I've noticed when flashing with Odin is that even if I check the F.reset checkbox it still does not do a factory reset (at least it did not do it for me). You should be able to do a factory reset using the stock recovery.

I can't really verify the factory reset. I can get into stock recovery, but the display is still rubbish so I can't do a manual factory reset.

I voted for you guys in ESC so I guess we're even :)

I have attached a photo of the tab in stock recovery so you can see what's wrong. This happens no matter if I start normally, recovery or download mode.

Attachments

• bilde.JPG
    bilde.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 500

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Installs correctly but does not fix my display problem.

I followed the guide step-by-step. No errors occured during flashing.

I can't really verify the factory reset. I can get into stock recovery, but the display is still rubbish so I can't do a manual factory reset.

I voted for you guys in ESC so I guess we're even :)

I have attached a photo of the tab in stock recovery so you can see what's wrong. This happens no matter if I start normally, recovery or download mode.

Wooow that looks not good man i think you must return it back to samsung

you can run a logcat maybe

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
If you turn it off and charge it, is the charging-mode-display also distorted?

Also if I were you I would leave it on in download or recovery mode and let the battery drain completely. Worth a shot I guess.

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
If you turn it off and charge it, is the charging-mode-display also distorted?

If I turn it off it automatically turns back on and boots Android. So I can't see if the "charging while turned off" icon is also distorted.

Also if I were you I would leave it on in download or recovery mode and let the battery drain completely. Worth a shot I guess.

I left it in download mode last night, it's still turned on. I'll let the battery drain and see what happens when I connect the charger.

When I flash a complete ROM with Odin (e.g. the Swedish ROM you suggested) - is there anything left to flash that could be causing this? If I were to return the tablet to the dealer, will there be any evidence of dumb-user-flashing? ;)

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Have you tried flashing the PIT file (in the PIT section) along with the ODIN image (in the PDA section)? You can download the PIT file so you can click on Repartition, right here. It's a very small file. Be sure you have F.Reset Time checkmarked too. Best of lucks.

suwandiapr

Jan 11, 2012
Semarang
If you flash a bootloader for P7310 so when you trying to flash P7300 ROM with odin, the bootloader will mapping all file just like P7310 with their partition Layout.. I think the pit file is not the solution..
First you need turn back the bootloader to original form.. I dont know where I can find P7300 bootloader..
After you finish with the bootloader, try to install P7300 Stock rom, with pit file and repartition..
I dont know if this post will help you.. but it worth to try..

EDIT:
maybe you can use firmware from P7300ZSKH5 from this link
This file include with bootloader and pit file..
Flash with Odin like image below
Odin-tar17.png

Sorry for my english..

Last edited:
Reactions: .:RooZi.BeH:.

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
Have you tried flashing the PIT file (in the PIT section) along with the ODIN image (in the PDA section)? You can download the PIT file so you can click on Repartition, right here. It's a very small file. Be sure you have F.Reset Time checkmarked too. Best of lucks.

Re-partitioning with the PIT file along with the ROM did not help :/

snubbel

Oct 3, 2006
Oslo
If you flash a bootloader for P7310 so when you trying to flash P7300 ROM with odin, the bootloader will mapping all file just like P7310 with their partition Layout.. I think the pit file is not the solution..
First you need turn back the bootloader to original form.. I dont know where I can find P7300 bootloader..
After you finish with the bootloader, try to install P7300 Stock rom, with pit file and repartition..

EDIT:
Sorry for my english..

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately: no luck.

Just to be sure this isn't a compatibility issue on my computer, I set up a clean install Win7. I'm using x64, could this be an issue?

tuxo87

Aug 29, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I had a similar issue. It occured only when I turned display off and on, both in android and in battery charging mode while powered off. I just went back to the store and got it replaced. xD
Anyway the flickering began to show up after flashing 3.2 back from a 4.0 rom... So I think there was something wrong with the bootloader.. Didnt find any tar file containing the original bootloader.. Perhaps someone here can make it for you

smoschi

Sep 15, 2011
hey,

i got same problem after i tried to install cm9. now i cant install nothing (i formated cash, data, system and preload) no data factory reset working. i have nonstop bootloops and format cache and dalvik not working but cwm ist starting but not working really. but can start download mode too ... so i think its not a super-brick for my gt 7300 from switzerland.

so, i will try to download from samMobile the original firmware and to flash with odin. anybody knows a tutorial with odin for gt 7300? cant find nothing for pit, csc, tar ...

please help me

thx sophie from switzerland

andrefilipe90

Sep 14, 2009

EDIT:
Odin-tar17.png

Sorry for my english..

I have to say, I was about to send the tablet to samsung, it was dead, no rom, no boot, no partition, no USB connection to store, what save me was the Odin up load that you recommended me, the tablet was really crashed.

I Think that is a sollution for actually almost any problem on the tablet (a complete format, sure, but still a good solution for ROM problems).

anyway, Many Thanks!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you come in recovery ?

Than try this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519564

There is an option in CWM under the mount and storage tab where stands mount usb connection click on that and move this to your tab after that install it

I hope it will work!

Questions or Problems Should Not Be Posted in the Development Forum
    Please Post in the Correct Forums & Read the Forum Rules

Moving to General

EDIT:
    Odin-tar17.png

Sorry for my english..