[ROM 4.1.2] JELLYBAM - v1.2.0 [12/07] [HTC One XL] [PA.AOKP.CM10] [4.2 Apps] [AROMA]

How should I include add ons/options

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Am I the only one having trouble with Google now saying that location services is off even though I have it turned on in settings? If so does anyone know how I can fix this? Other than this the rom seems awesome great job.

Yeah im having that problem to, ill look into :). Good thing I released this as a beta. And thank you!

Last edited:

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Running smooth as eggs. Noticed when in developer options, pressing "developer tools" and "device information" it'll force close entire settings app.. just a heads up

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Reactions: bpear96

Hydromea

Sep 4, 2010
Sorry to be ignorant, but what makes this ROM special/different from CM10 and AOKP? I read through the list of CNA features and most of them seem just like CM10's features. Please enlighten me.

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Sorry to be ignorant, but what makes this ROM special/different from CM10 and AOKP? I read through the list of CNA features and most of them seem just like CM10's features. Please enlighten me.

It is similar to AOKP and CM10. The Codename Android team cherry picks features from all over the place. CNA has alot of AOKPs features, and some from CM10, like the Hardware Key mapping option. Some of there own, and some from other sources besides AOKP and CM10
This isnt stock CNA though, I added some of my own features/changes, such as OTA updating (thanks to otaupdatecenter.pro), included some more apps etc. I will slowly be adding more features.

Just another option. Since PA, AOKP,MIUI and CM10 are all already being done for this phone, I thought id try something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: ptesmoke

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
It is similar to AOKP and CM10. The Codename Android team cherry picks features from all over the place. CNA has alot of AOKPs features, and some from CM10, like the Hardware Key mapping option. Some of there own, and some from other sources besides AOKP and CM10
This isnt stock CNA though, I added some of my own features/changes, such as OTA updating (thanks to otaupdatecenter.pro), included some more apps etc. I will slowly be adding more features.

Just another option. Since PA, AOKP,MIUI and CM10 are all already being done for this phone, I thought id try something different.

Thnx buddy much appreciated!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

mlaws90

Great job on the new/updated rom :p I'm using CNA on my SGS3 right now, newly released also. I used Rebel ROM in the past it was very nice(got my HOX on Day 1). ASOP style with sense camera, desense'd, I can see another ROM like this being useful when Jellybean is released for our device, Sense 4.5. Keep up the great work, I know we can never add the sens camera to ASOP, and this sucks but I still love HTC build quality and the deivce over all.

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
Am I the only one having trouble with Google now saying that location services is off even though I have it turned on in settings? If so does anyone know how I can fix this? Other than this the rom seems awesome great job.

I am getting force closes everytime I try to use Google Now...it is also force closing my browser. Keeps saying, "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped". I tried to clear Google Search Data and set Google Now back up and I got to the last step "Yes, I'm In!" and it crashes.

I am also getting graphical tearing when switching apps.

Not sure if this is a problem with the ROM as I flashed rohan32's beta 2 kernel with this ROM last night.

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
hope u can use a 4.0.4 kernel to free more ram !

But is this rom based from ANDROID 4.1.1 or 4.0.4??? im pretty sure that the only way a 4.0.4 kernel would work with is if the rom is 4.0.4 based!

Iv already used rohans kernel on this rom so im thinking is 4.1.1 based! i would check but im already restored back to cm10 at the moment.

Last edited:

aggiedf

Apr 8, 2011
Austin
But is this rom based from ANDROID 4.1.1 or 4.0.4??? im pretty sure that the only way a 4.0.4 kernel would work with is if the rom is 4.0.4 based!

Iv already used rohans kernel on this rom so im thinking is 4.1.1 based! i would check but im already restored back to cm10 at the moment.

If I'm not mistaken CM10 kernel is 4.0.3 based correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010

AggieDF is correct. The only Kernel Source HTC has released is from there 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 Sense build releases. CM10 and rohans kernel are both currently based on the slightly outdated kernel sources. HTC released there 2.20 kernel source, which gives more ram available to they user. This rom is based on CNA, which is based on 4.1.1 r4 AOSP. The kernel however is the same that is in CM10, which is based on the kernel source released with HTC 4.0.3 rom.

saketh91

Sep 10, 2011
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
AggieDF is correct. The only Kernel Source HTC has released is from there 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 Sense build releases. CM10 and rohans kernel are both currently based on the slightly outdated kernel sources. HTC released there 2.20 kernel source, which gives more ram available to they user. This rom is based on CNA, which is based on 4.1.1 r4 AOSP. The kernel however is the same that is in CM10, which is based on the kernel source released with HTC 4.0.3 rom.

are there anyone who is compiling a jb kernel based of 2.20 source?it will be good if we have more free ram in jb

Silellak

May 17, 2012
are there anyone who is compiling a jb kernel based of 2.20 source?it will be good if we have more free ram in jb

h8rift, the CM10 developer, indicated on the 24th that they have started working on kernel changes that would include freeing up more RAM.
This enables us to obtain HW VSYNC (aka Project Butter), HDMI out truly fixed, USB OTG *with* powered 5V out of USB (this means, no more Y cable and no more powered USB hubs to get USB stuff to work!), plus tons of other goodies (Yes, that coveted 100mb of RAM that is allocated for PMEM will finally be freed up for you RAM junkies).

These are huge, and the kernel has pretty much been tabled while we were all piecing together everything else. Now its the main course...so you may feel like 'nothing is getting done' for a little bit. That should be exactly what it should feel like. That means we aren't breaking things while moving to a newer kernel and patching up to the newest.

The full post can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31979128&postcount=4519

Reactions: bpear96

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Yep.

It doesn't matter what kernel source code it is if we patch it up to current (4.1.1). That's what we are working on.

The kernel is only called "4.0.3" because that is the patch level/revision the kernel is at when it was compiled and shipped on the phone :)

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to JellyBam

READ before installing: SuperSU and SuperUser apps are both included (whoops) . Disable or delete one to avoid any problems

And wipe system manually in twrp! before installing. (bug and will be fixed next update)

Credit to XDA user iGio90 for creating this ROM, I just ported it to the HTC One XL

Why choose JellyBam? A developer can say whatever he want about his ROM (Ex. that his ROM is the best in the world) but what about hearing what are people saying about JellyBam? You can read users feedbacks and reviews here![/URL]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ibf1j9iMzxHlYb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

zko09h.png

- Built from source -
    - Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID -
    - Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences -
    - Tons of customizations -
    - Themes and Mods in JellyBam style -
    - Aroma installer -
    - Latest CM10/AOKP Kernel compiled from sources -
    - Latest Siyah kernel -
    - Google apps included (Installable via aroma) -
    - New Mali driver -
    - Exynos HWComposer -
    - Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets -
    - New optimus 4x circle lockscreen -
    - Ability to customize color and alpha of the optimus lockscreen -
    - KeyBoard from 4.2 -
    - Clock from android 4.2 -
    - Google play music from android 4.2 -
    - Sony Walkman music player -
    - Bravia Engine libraries -
    - Bravia XLoud audio libraries -
    - Paranoid Android settings -
    - Per-App-DPI Changer -
    - Per-App-Color -
    - Custom home action and hardware button in lockscreen -
    - Quick/Long click on weather and clock actions -
    - JellyBam Panel in settings app -
    - AOKP and CyanogenMod Settings -
    - Mass storage mode -
    - OTA Update via UpdateMe App -
    - You can keep your ROM up to date with latest Tweaks, Mods, Themes via UpdateMe app -
    - GAPPS included, no need to flash anything else -
    - Gallery support picasa share -
    - Apollo Music Player (Themed) -
    - Album app from sony xperia -
    - Quick SMS -
    - AwesomBeats Lib -
    - A good combination of stability and performance (Thanks Siyah Kernel + Personal mod) -
    - Bluetooth hacked for send / receive APK -
    - YouTube hacked with 3G+WiFi HD 720p PlayBack -
    - Init.d scripts -
    - JellyBOOM script -
    - Media quality tweak -
    - 3G and GPS Tweak -
    - RAM Optimization + Multitasking -
    - SmoothScrolling tweak -
    - V6 Supercharger included -
    - lot of Themes available in UpdateMe -
    - TouchWiz 5 Launcher -
    - Trebuchet Launcher -
    -*Beats Audio by Dr Dre*(Powerfull bass) -
    - Clearbass Sound by Sony*(Clear Bass) -
    - Xloud by SonyEricsson*(higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker) -
    - Dolby Digital Sound*(Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting) -
    - Surround Sound*(Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support) -
    - JellyBam custom Bootanimation by metallaxis -
    - Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock -
    -Volume Panel (Volume Rocker allows you to change ALL volume levels in one Menu) -
    - Lockscreen Weather -
    - Lockscreen Vibration on/off toggle -
    - Performance/Color Settings -
    - Brightness Control Slider -
    - Multilang -
    - JellyBam Style -
    - Much more! Check it by yourself! -

- All the amazing features of CM10, PARANOID AND AOKP ALL TOGETHER-

iu0wvysoBCgUd.png

18owvk.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16ljpkn.png

How to install (If you are coming from another ROM):​
    - Download the ROM -
    - Copy the zip file to your SD/Internal card -
    - Enter recovery mode -
    - Wipe data/cache (only if you are coming from a different rom, Updating my rom doesn't need a factory reset) -
    -Wipe SYSTEM manually (Bug, must be done for now)
    - Flash the zip -
    - Enjoy -​
    How to install (If you are updating the ROM):​
    - Download the ROM -
    - Copy the zip file to your SD/Internal card -
    - Enter recovery mode -
    -Wipe SYSTEM manually (Bug, must be done for now)
    - Flash the zip without wiping nothing! -
    - Enjoy -

Bugs:​
    -WIPE SYSTEM IN TWRP MANUALLY-
    - CM10, AOKP Know bugs -

WIPE SYSTEM IN TWRP MANUALLY

Moderator Edit
    links removed

iGio90 (Rom Dev) - Bliss_ (Art and graphics)
    b1uefalcon and the whole team for the base frameworks
    TeamHacksung (CM10)
    AOKP Team (AOKP)
    Paranoid Android Team
    bluefa1con (part of the framework of his P.A.C ROM)
    TayyabKhalid97, Wis1152, Ricardo_ls, Uppon2, LuigiMak, Malo2000, LegendM, Lokicoon (Contributors)
    Justin860 (Inverted Gapps + Themes)
    Rohan (Rohan Kernel)
    H8rift, and all of CM team involved in making this phone awesome! (MAJOR PROPS TO YOU)
    JellyBam Rebel edition:

Build 1 (12/07)

Moderator edit
    Download Link removed

Features:
    • Most of JellyBams features, minus Aroma options, audio mods etc
    • Will be releasing a separate AROMA tweak pack, to install extra tweaks, apps and options soon

How to flash:
    • Wipe data, cache and dalvik
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Flash GAPPS

Bugs:
    Many bugs in above PHAT version seem to be fixed. (TTS bugs, audio bugs etc)

(if on hboot that cant flash boot.img. You know what to do :)
    I didn't abandon it.. just waiting for cna team to release 3.8.0 source. They also never released the 3.7.0 source either. I also tried compiling liquidSmooth with no luck.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
    Hey guys sorry ive been quite lately. I have been really busy.

Anyways, I actually still have my One XL, was going to buy the Nexus 4 but I didnt have the money available, and when I did it was out of stock. I think i have decided to just keep my One X, since it has been a great phone, and can do pretty much anything i throw at. AOSP roms is so stable on it anyways. 2 extra cores, better GPU and more RAM would be nice, but this phone does it all.

I will continue development soon, and I am happy zombi3 has continued working on it. I will likely post a new update tomorrow :)
    Working on getting LiquidSmooth to compile today :)

EDIT:
    Still not compiling.. :/ hardware/qcom audio is causing the problem, even though im using the older one. Same one I was using when compiling CNA, and it was working. So IDK what the problem is exactly, looks like im going to have to wait till our CM10 gods(h8rift,xkonni, intervigilium etc) figure it out, until then im preparing https://github.com/rebelrom