[Root] Alcatel One Touch Fierce

Search This thread

chagla

Nov 30, 2010
Alcatel Fierce is a low budget decent phone for $150 from Tmobile. Checkout gsmarena or phonearena for specs. I just got one rooted using Motochopper.

Phone : Alcatel Fierce
Driver: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/faq/usbdriver.html
Root tool: motochopper - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252248

requirement; must have drivers and adb working. also enable developer mode by going into settings >about phone and click 7 times on build number. then when developer mode is enabled, select usb debugging. you can verify by connecting phone and run "adb devices" command.

once u have all the tools, unzip motochopper file and use run.bat file. you will get an install prompt on the phone. make sure to proceed with that otherwise run.bat file will stay still in the middle of the process.

hope it helps. motochopper confirmed working on this phone.

Last edited:

darkmash

Dec 16, 2012
E root the Chinese pc tool roots any mtk device, which I think all the Alcatel one touch range from this year are

Sent from my SK17i using xda app-developers app

chagla

Nov 30, 2010
darkmash, thanks for your tip. I didn't know about the other tool. if you have a link to the tool, please share.

I've rooted my phone, can I unlock it now?
glad motochopper worked for you. all credits go to the developer.

regarding unlocking, i have no answer. this phone just came out. so you will probably find the unlock code on ebay in a while. or if you have tmobile service or if your friend has tmobile service, you can have them call tmobile and request a code.

bswann

Mar 12, 2011
Mobile,AL
So I just picked this phone up on prepay and I must say, for $149.99 you cannot really get much better. Rooting was easy and quick, thanks OP. Anyone know if there is a recovery or custom ROM in the works anywhere? I'm thinking this phone will not get any development but, one can hope.

ciniMOD1

Oct 22, 2013
rooting the fierce

I rooted mine with( framaroot) ...oneclick root for the fierce...download to phone and click on it..simple;)...make sure to use the "borimir" exploit for the fierce..you can download straight to phone, no need of a pc...do a google search on framaroot for download links.

Last edited:

djkidd

Feb 14, 2009
Los Angeles
Pre-pay to regular service

This may not be the right place to ask this, but I'm thinking about getting this phone for my parents. We have regular t-mobile service but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my plans so I was thinking about picking it up as a pre-pay phone. If I get that, will I be able to insert a normal t-mobile sim into it or will I have to root/unlock the phone? Thanks!

ericbeto

Oct 29, 2013
chicago
reply:framaroot

RE what version of framaroot did you use to root the onetouch fierce from alcatel

I rooted mine with( framaroot) ...oneclick root for the fierce...download to phone and click on it..simple;)...make sure to use the "borimir" exploit for the fierce..you can download straight to phone, no need of a pc...do a google search on framaroot for download links.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

As long you paid full price for the tmobile phone you can use it even if its prepaid just slide your simcard and it should work

So I just picked this phone up on prepay and I must say, for $149.99 you cannot really get much better. Rooting was easy and quick, thanks OP. Anyone know if there is a recovery or custom ROM in the works anywhere? I'm thinking this phone will not get any development but, one can hope.

n3rdy13

Oct 31, 2013
excellent phone!

I love this phone, the stock Rom runs very nice and the specs are definitely worth 150.00 any developers looking to test roms feel free to message me, I would love to help.:laugh:

ciniMOD1

Oct 22, 2013
re: framaroot

RE what version of framaroot did you use to root the onetouch fierce from alcatel

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

As long you paid full price for the tmobile phone you can use it even if its prepaid just slide your simcard and it should work

There is only one version that i'm aware of..but u must use the "boromir" exploit to root the fierce..i have had no problems whatsoever with mine..just make sure you follow guide/instructions.

jimbeaufort

Nov 4, 2013
Motochopper Works

Alcatel Fierce is a low budget decent phone for $150 from Tmobile. Checkout gsmarena or phonearena for specs. I just got one rooted using Motochopper.

requirement; must have drivers and adb working. also enable developer mode by going into settings >about phone and click 7 times on build number. then when developer mode is enabled, select usb debugging. you can verify by connecting phone and run "adb devices" command.

once u have all the tools, unzip motochopper file and use run.bat file. you will get an install prompt on the phone. make sure to proceed with that otherwise run.bat file will stay still in the middle of the process.

The Motochopper app worked great. I was able to root my phone. I have tried to get WiFi tether by Treve to wok but keep getting MSS error. I have tried all the suggestions, but to no avail. I have been using PDANet, and am able to hard tether, but not WiFi...which is fine by me, I am still able to use the internet connection. I have also tried to find custom roms, but no one seem to have them. I have checked clockwork, TWRP, and CyanogenMod, and a few others I cannot think of, but no custom roms seem to be available yet. Motochopper comes with superuser.apk. I was able to switch to SuperSU but had to leave superuser.apk installed until after I gave superuser permission, then SuperSU asked me to uninstall. It worked. It still did not help with the WiFi though. Any ideas?

Reactions: wings433

ciniMOD1

Oct 22, 2013
re:re:

The Motochopper app worked great. I was able to root my phone. I have tried to get WiFi tether by Treve to wok but keep getting MSS error. I have tried all the suggestions, but to no avail. I have been using PDANet, and am able to hard tether, but not WiFi...which is fine by me, I am still able to use the internet connection. I have also tried to find custom roms, but no one seem to have them. I have checked clockwork, TWRP, and CyanogenMod, and a few others I cannot think of, but no custom roms seem to be available yet. Motochopper comes with superuser.apk. I was able to switch to SuperSU but had to leave superuser.apk installed until after I gave superuser permission, then SuperSU asked me to uninstall. It worked. It still did not help with the WiFi though. Any ideas?

If ya'll would just use framaroot...everything on my phone is working with NO problems at all...i read that oneclickroot also works on this phone but i haven't tested..framaroot worked excellent for me.

Reactions: ProvostABC

jimbeaufort

Nov 4, 2013
Framaroot

If ya'll would just use framaroot...everything on my phone is working with NO problems at all...i read that oneclickroot also works on this phone but i haven't tested..framaroot worked excellent for me.

I used Framaroot with Boromir Exploit. It did not effect the in ability of me to use TreveMod WiFi tether.

nepeterson

Jan 28, 2008
United States
Redmi Note 9 Pro
This may not be the right place to ask this, but I'm thinking about getting this phone for my parents. We have regular t-mobile service but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my plans so I was thinking about picking it up as a pre-pay phone. If I get that, will I be able to insert a normal t-mobile sim into it or will I have to root/unlock the phone? Thanks!

As a former GM for the local T-Mo Retail store, I can tell you that any* T-Mobile (or Simple Mobile) SIM will work in any T-Mobile branded phone right out of the box. No extra configuration needed.

*As long as it's the physical same size (eg SIM vs Micro SIM).

enki100

Aug 25, 2008
unlock?

hello goodnight recently acquired this phone, but I can not release it is with T mobile company and buy in mexico, is there any way to make the unlock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

rooting the fierce

FYI:

You can use Kingo ROOT to root this phone. Easiest one click root.
    FRAMAROOT with Boromir option roots this phone with one click. Then you can get something like rom toolbox pro to change settings, erase stock apps and all that stuff. Use rootchecker and you will see it is rooted just with one click after you use framaroot.
    hi ppl,

this site provide unlock codes for Alcatel... go to >> unlockineed.org and search for >> Alcatel OT-7024W T-Mobile USA Unlock Code It's world's first site for unlock for alcatel 7024w..

fast unlocking and 100% works and tested...

br