HTC M8 Will Have the Same 4MP Camera

Search This thread

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
Also, even if it were still a 4MP camera, it could very will be a completely redesigned, or at least tweaked, sensor that would perform better than the current one.

ericwgarza1

May 13, 2008
H-Town, TX
Lol. I'm done with HTC
The specs got leaked and its gonna be a huge disappointment

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-m8-specs-leaked-antutu-benchmarks-320044/

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Same boat here. I ditched HTC after the 3D and the One was their final chance for me. This camera sucks beyond comparison. Makes the phone only a fraction of what it should be (yes I've had my device replaced). Only nexus devices for me from here on out. I'll pass on HTC's crappy radios and cameras.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I'm pretty excited :D and I'm okay with the camera.

Camera is trash compared to the industry standard. Period!

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Every single person at HTC should be fired, these shakeups they've had obviously are not working. Other than the camera I love the HTC One, but using the Nexus 5 for the past week or so I haven't missed a thing about it. I will probably end up selling it and not be coming back to HTC unless they can get there act together.

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Everyone is so friendly with each other .... so I thought I'd chime in with my own opinion. Name one device that any of you have used that the camera actually measured up to what they say it will....anyone? I especially love how the N5 fanboys in other posts had the balls to say the N5 had a better camera when it is exactly the same as the last one, and yes, I owned an N4. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with everybody that these companies should stop crowing about how great their camera is when it ain't, but GET REAL. As I have said before somewhere around here, when it comes to new devices, COST IS A FACTOR. Soooooo, would you rather have the same camera or the same processor? Same cam or the same screen clarity? They know they have to cut costs somewhere, this is where it happens. GET USED TO IT. It ain't no greener in the other dude's yard. If the camera is that important, buy a Nokia. The camera is the only thing about that device that's worth a s***. My two cents, flame away....:angel:

Last edited:

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
Everyone is so friendly with each other .... so I thought I'd chime in with my own opinion. Name one device that any of you have used that the camera actually measured up to what they say it will....anyone? I especially love how the N5 fanboys in other posts had the balls to say the N5 had a better camera when it is exactly the same as the last one. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with everybody that these companies should stop crowing about how great their camera is when it ain't, but GET REAL. As I have said before somewhere around here, when it comes to new devices, COST IS A FACTOR. Soooooo, would you rather have the same camera or the same processor? Same cam or the same screen clarity? They know they have to cut costs somewhere, this is where it happens. GET USED TO IT. It ain't no greener in the other dude's yard. If the camera is that important, buy a Nokia. The camera is the only thing about that device that's worth a s***. My two cents, flame away....:angel:

The camera in my HTC Evo 4G LTE was amazing. I used it at work all the time, and my co-workers refused to believe that the pictures I emailed from job sites were taken with a phone. It made my brother-in-law complain about the pictures he got from this GS3, which looked crappy by comparison. That phone was largely the reason I "upgraded" to the One. There have been a few incidences where the low-light capabilities came in handy, but overall I've been fairly disappointed by the "ultra-pixel" results.

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The camera in my HTC Evo 4G LTE was amazing. I used it at work all the time, and my co-workers refused to believe that the pictures I emailed from job sites were taken with a phone. It made my brother-in-law complain about the pictures he got from this GS3, which looked crappy by comparison. That phone was largely the reason I "upgraded" to the One. There have been a few incidences where the low-light capabilities came in handy, but overall I've been fairly disappointed by the "ultra-pixel" results.

Yeah, I hear you. My ONE takes great pics in near-perfect conditions, crappy ones in bad. But, my experiences with the N4, LGOG, and the ONE, not to mention my wifes GS III or any of the iPhones shes had (4, 4s, and 5) were really no better. I have just been resigned that the cam is one place that smartphones will lag until costs come down. Or until I can afford a 1000 dollar device. Have you guys seen the Lenovo?

http://shop.lenovo.com/ae/en/smartphones/k-series/k900/

http://www.thedostore.com/smartphones/k-series-k900-steel-grey-32-gb.html

...and I'll bet the cam aint that great on that badboy either lol

Reactions: alexilaih0

ronniemayo

Oct 25, 2012
Flint
To keep the same camera says that there would have to be more people that like the camera than not. Most people come to forums to complain but that's a small percent of the overall user base. I still have my evo4glte and the ones camera outperforms it. If they left the camera the exact same and said it was 8 or 12mp people would all of a sudden say it was better just because of the number.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Snipe4 and pmacevad

vader860

Feb 15, 2012
Stick to thanking posts
I'm getting nexus 5 in December anyway

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

At the very least it's worth waiting to see what will be available....unlike the PS4 vs Xbox One, which was crystal clear early on who the front runner was. :)

There are also rumors that it may have an octo core processor. Maybe outlandish but we shall see. Maybe they include a 20mp or 41mp camera like the lumia. :p

Last edited:

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
Everyone is so friendly with each other .... so I thought I'd chime in with my own opinion. Name one device that any of you have used that the camera actually measured up to what they say it will....anyone? I especially love how the N5 fanboys in other posts had the balls to say the N5 had a better camera when it is exactly the same as the last one, and yes, I owned an N4. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with everybody that these companies should stop crowing about how great their camera is when it ain't, but GET REAL. As I have said before somewhere around here, when it comes to new devices, COST IS A FACTOR. Soooooo, would you rather have the same camera or the same processor? Same cam or the same screen clarity? They know they have to cut costs somewhere, this is where it happens. GET USED TO IT. It ain't no greener in the other dude's yard. If the camera is that important, buy a Nokia. The camera is the only thing about that device that's worth a s***. My two cents, flame away....:angel:

Truth. I can only assume people have been smoking some pretty potent weed lately because they complain about the cam sucking yet it's one of the better cams on Android devices. Whenever my brother needs a pic he uses my One instead of his EVO LTE. Go buy a Nokia or iPhone, maybe G4, but don't go whining about a Nexus being the solution because it isn't. ll this crying over an article that only had an early spec leak for a prototype, and it doesn't give any info besides MP? lol c'mon guys, get real.

XaoSilentrzk

May 28, 2013
They really do need to innovate in the camera department. The same bull camera will be a fail.

If ScamSung ever overhauls touchwiz & give it a premium design... It's all over

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: ericwgarza1

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Sorry but no way they release a device next spring time and use the S800 then with same specs elsewhere as the One.... Nokia has the camera dept won in my opinion just sucks they are doing windows...

Need to use the S805 SoC and crank up the camera dept at HTC on this next device....

To those that are leaving..... That's nice, everyone will surely shed some tears for yall ......

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    all this bickering is pointless...it's a effing smartphone w/ a camera....it's not gonna take awesome pix

if u don't like the One's camera, quit complaining & buy something else that you can complain about (there's plenty of options)

welcome to the Sprint HTC One forums WookieFan, it's good to see some intelligence
    It amazes me when people complain about the quality of pics on a PHONE cuz to be honest I'm just glad to have that option on a device that doesn't need it so be happy with what you got and if you want quality pictures go buy a CAMERA cuz that's what they are made for

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
    Everyone needs to relax and get one of these. Never had issues with either of them. Well maybe a little hard to put in my pocket. That's what my man purse is for.
    Regardless of the quality of the camera (I won't get into the purple/pink tint or zooming issues that I personally have with mine), using one that is already a year old in a sector where the bar is raised every few months doesn't make sense....to me at least....To each their own......

Joe, if you have used HTCs half as long as I have, then you must know that the biggest complaint they had (here) was model turnover - a new phone every few months. Now it's wrong to keep a single model out for a whole year. Anyone note the irony?

Ok, So I won't go any further after this post, I never take anything personally here, because this place is only one step above reddit anyway. FYI MP = megapixels. That's it. I am not writing out the whole word every time I use it.

At best the Gizmodo article says the jury's out - there was no qualitative review of the camera, only a snarky article about the technology. When you go to any forum, Verizon, HTC, the vast majority of respondents are dissatisfied. That's a measurable truth - people who are happy with their purchase don't post. Moreover, you are going to get trolls who have their stick up their butt about HTC in general, and just want to start an argument to make themselves feel better. I'm done responding to people like that. That doesn't make them a majority, or even a significant percentage of users.

The phone itself is a quality phone, but I didn't come here to defend it. I responded to bring some reality to the complainers' overwhelming responses regarding the camera in the phone, only. Here, xdaforums, what I always thought was a reasonable place to have a discussion. Obviously a bad move. For a light fun time, I should visit OUYA forums.

Oh, and why would anyone buy 5 HTC Ones if they hated the phone so much? Later.
    To each their own on the camera. Seems that the LTE took better pics. Everyone that is leaving, please make your own good bye thread