[Q] Alcatel OT idol ultra 6033X, laguage change

Search This thread

alienrybka

May 15, 2014
Hello,

i am very sorry for this newbie question, but i just bought this phone(Alcatel OT idol ultra 6033x) and it hasn´t czech language. Phone is for my girlfriend and she need that language.

Please can you help me ? I had HTC HD7 and HTC one V and i always found helpfull advice how to change the language on this forum but i din´t found how to change it on Alcatel 6033x so thats why i am making this new thread.

Language is not in the settings. Can the SW upgrade help ? I have also contacted Alcatel support but i still haven´t any respond from them.

thanks a lot for every advice how to change language to different which isn´t in the phone

Alienrybka

Last edited:

dav2000

Mar 1, 2008
I have got the same phone here in Czech republic with Czech language on board. So it seems that yours is from distribution for other countries.
Did you try Custom Locale from Google Play Store?

alienrybka

May 15, 2014
Yes, it should be some EU distribution, but i haven´t entered the sim card yet. GF has to go to carrier for cutting the SIMcard to microSIM :)
When the sim card is entered, the phone should set itself somehow by the region of the simcard. If this won´t help, i will try manualy set by #country code#. Today i founded code for my country finally.

alienrybka

May 15, 2014
so it doens´t work, the custom locale only could set keyboard to "czech" but settings and everything is in english, country code "works" the same way

when i root the phone, can i install there any czech localizated system or FW even if its EU distribution ?

thanks a lot