[Q] Custom ROM upgrade problem :(

Search This thread

sam_online

Oct 17, 2013
Hi guys I'm new to this forum but i've been a CD-ROM for years...

I have question about upgrading ViperROM to 6.2.1
I'm currently using ViperROM 2.7.0 with sense 5.0
Android 4.2.2

I use Titinium Pro to backup all my apps and....

my question is....how to upgrade from 2.7 to 6.2.1 the easiest way?
without any data lost?

do i have to use the data backup from ROM or i can just use the titaniumPRO for full backup?

please advice :)

DeathAngel66669

May 24, 2013
I always copy and paste the contents of the sdcard to a folder for safe keeping on my laptop or usb drive. I wipe, data, cache, dalvik cache, system and user partitions. Reboot recovery, use adb sideload to send the rom.zip over and flash. Setup the phone and copy and paste everything back. The whole process takes min. 25-30 minutes. Works for me /shrugs, just my 2 pennies.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Whatsapp etc backs up it's own data to a folder in your internal storage, when you reinstall it and set it up it will say backup found would you like to restore. Just make sure you don't wipe internal storage.

You could also try and dirty flash as you are on viper one already, just go into advanced wipe and wipe your caches only, do not factory reset and when installing the Rom also select don't wipe data partition.

But again as the others have said, make sure it's backed up first, if a dirty flash doesn't work, you'll be left with no choice but to reflash and wipe along the way.

Last edited: