[Q] New to android coming from IOS

Search This thread
Dec 3, 2010
I'm new to Android coming from the iPhone 4s and iOS, what do you guys recommend that I download In the way of apps and maybe even Roms?

Last edited:
S

shadowboy23

I'm net to android coming from the iPhone 4s and iOS, what do you guys recommend that I download I the way of apps and maybe even roms?

Welcome to the Android world. In order for members to suggest what to get is you have to give more info on what phone you want or using at the moment.

There are thousands of apps in the android market and lots of ROMs to choose from.

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
i liked using Engadget, Pulse, IMDB, XDA, Taptu, and a bunch of other stuff most people wouldn't be interested in. i don't have my phone right now so i can't see my Play download history. nobody can tell you what ROM to use. you just have to read and pick one. i mostly just like to look at the pictures. ;p

Dec 3, 2010
I have just preordered the htc one x for AT&T and I was wondering what are the best and maybe some of your favorite apps.

S

shadowboy23

I have just preordered the htc one x for AT&T and I was wondering what are the best and maybe some of your favorite apps.

Cool. I like MyBackup Pro and Root Explorer from the market. They are not free but I think they are worth it.

For ROMs I think you have to venture to the One XL forum to find out what they are cooking there.

Dec 3, 2010
Ok thanks, do you know of any apps that are specific to android that are not on ios? And I'll check out that other thread too.

aranab

Dec 22, 2011

Angry birds in space :p

And I definitely definitely definitely recommend swiftkey, the best keyboard out there (some prefer swype). In fact if you're not happy with the HTC keyboard just have a look around, you can even get the stock android keyboards.

Tegra zone shows you the latest games designed specifically for Tegra phones.

Chrome browser (however it lacks the text reformatting that htc provides on the stock browser)

Enjoy

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: biggangsta1212
S

shadowboy23

Dec 3, 2010
Are there any real advantages to rooting an android device? It's kinda like jail breaking an iPhone right, is it mainly for themes, or is there more to it? I hate sounding like an idiot.

aranab

Dec 22, 2011
Are there any real advantages to rooting an android device? It's kinda like jail breaking an iPhone right, is it mainly for themes, or is there more to it? I hate sounding like an idiot.

Think of it as jailbreak x2. Firstly you need it for Roms. (themes can be changed without rooting actually).
It also let's you modify your phones behaviour and performance to suit (for example, overclocking)
Hope that helps, I know other members can explain it better than me though :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Angry birds in space :p

And I definitely definitely definitely recommend swiftkey, the best keyboard out there (some prefer swype). In fact if you're not happy with the HTC keyboard just have a look around, you can even get the stock android keyboards.

Tegra zone shows you the latest games designed specifically for Tegra phones.

Chrome browser (however it lacks the text reformatting that htc provides on the stock browser)

Enjoy