Do you use a have a Screen Protector? X8

Do you use a Screen Protector for you X8?

• Yes

Votes: 54 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 43.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Apr 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Just Interested, but who has a screen protector on their X8?
I don't, I use to have one. I kept on scratching the protector so i just took it off and now their is not a single scratch! :)
(cause i'm always scared I would ruin the screen protector!)

I'm new to XDA! :D
Please press the "thanks" button if i helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: MeisterRoerich

Ken-Shi_Kun

Oct 15, 2010
Százhalombatta
I'm using soft silicone (eg rubber) case and screen protector film too.
Saved my phone many times, and it doesn't ruin the touch responsiveness of the phone.

D

Deleted member 3493119

I doesnt have a screenprotector or silicon case.
My phone looks good too, and I have dropped it many times.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
I have a silicon case but i never use it... (it gathers dust. The phone looks better even with 1000 marks on it)

My phone has many marks, i have drop it many times... but it just do not die! The phone hits the floor, the back cover gets of, the battery is jealous and gets off too... but the phone works fine!!!!

I also own a small scratch on my screen because i was so stupid to test if a battery works as a stylus. The stylus worked but the battery lived me a scratch, i still can't understand how that happened... (i am very suspicious about the electromagnetic fields around it, but after a small search i found out a small scratchy thing on the battery)

My advice, keep your phone as it is. Enjoy it, a small mark will not destroy your life. Just b careful with batteries (they play dirty).

Last edited:

Flypants101010

May 3, 2011
Glasgow
I don't, I use to have one. I kept on scratching the protector so i just took it off and now their is not a single scratch! :)

i have a screen protector it was included in the box and i also bought a generic black silicon case

Reactions: Lander00

Ƶero

Jan 11, 2012
Baden Württemberg
i used the protection which was applied from the start on my X8 and it had no scratches until i removed it because it was old.
Not it doesn't look good anymore, so for all who don't use protection and want to keep their X8 a while longer use one !
I'm gonna buy new phone soon so i don't care at all about my X8 =P

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
Warning - display polish

Hi all..

This is a warning!!

Products such as Displex Display Polish (Scratch Remover) will permanently damage your screen if you try them.. Please don't (even just to see what happens).

These acrylic polishes are not made for touchscreen devices.

They will in fact make big scores and scratches appear on your screen just like a scouring pad would do..

Now, back on topic, I use a screen protector. They are great and leave a smooth glossy finish.

You wouldn't know it was there. They are a must-have.

Cheers,

CtrlAltDel

MeisterRoerich

Jan 15, 2012
I have a silicon case but i never use it... (it gathers dust. The phone looks better even with 1000 marks on it)

My phone has many marks, i have drop it many times... but it just do not die! The phone hits the floor, the back cover gets of, the battery is jealous and gets off too... but the phone works fine!!!!

I also own a small scratch on my screen because i was so stupid to test if a battery works as a stylus. The stylus worked but the battery lived me a scratch, i still can't understand how that happened... (i am very suspicious about the electromagnetic fields around it, but after a small search i found out a small scratchy thing on the battery)

My advice, keep your phone as it is. Enjoy it, a small mark will not destroy your life. Just b careful with batteries (they play dirty).
typical sony ericsson. my w810i did this too. i hate this silicon thing too. but i have a foil on my x8, but it has many scratchs (my evo 3d doesnt need on cause of gorilla glass;-)).

Mayank77

Jan 9, 2012
Manipal
in.linkedin.com
I have heard that screen protectors result into accumulation of moisture between the phone screen and the protective layer. This damages the screen.

Not sure if that is true.

deedii

May 25, 2011
3210 is better Rohin. :)
Screen protector work best when you put it correctly without bubbles. It is included in the bundle when you bought your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I currently dont have one because the old one felt in the mud. :(

Cheers,

Dr.Onion

Sent from my S3 Moded Xperia using XDA.

i have a screen protector it was included in the box and i also bought a generic black silicon case