[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I also have play store working. I spent all weekend figuring it out but got good results. Thanks for all the developers and members here on xda for their feedback and directions. Everything works great on my 8.9 tab. I got it to work by downloading the hdxposed.1.1.apk file. I had the hdxposed

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda premium

Hehe sorry I did forget to update the hdxposed version code to be more clear.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: damianlph

fryheit

Jul 28, 2010
Me too.. I don't know what I did but everything works perfect now.thank you so much.I can't wait for a custom Rom.I love the 8.9.. merci Beaucoup!!!

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Jan 24, 2014
Everything works all amazon and Google services together and no swaping required. It is a mirarle. A deserved nobel prize.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Wow nice. What are the risk, besides brick, if I flash this on the the stock partition and never switch it out or flash anything to it in the future. Only reason I ask is because I hate how safe strap only allows 4gb partition and having a 32gb version I feel like a lot of it goes to waste?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Everything works all amazon and Google services together and no swaping required. It is a mirarle. A deserved nobel prize.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Me too.. I don't know what I did but everything works perfect now.thank you so much.I can't wait for a custom Rom.I love the 8.9.. merci Beaucoup!!!

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for the support :)

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: damianlph

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Wow nice. What are the risk, besides brick, if I flash this on the the stock partition and never switch it out or flash anything to it in the future. Only reason I ask is because I hate how safe strap only allows 4gb partition and having a 32gb version I feel like a lot of it goes to waste?

I would avoid playing with the stock ROM/slot. I did successfully restore a few times on it with no problem but last time I tried to flash my gapps ROM it got bricked. It may due to not having reboot after switching from a ROM slot to stock ROM as I saw some report of flashing error on slots ROM due to this.
Until we got a way to use flashboot I will personaly not try to play again with it :)

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk

tenchichrono

Dec 4, 2011
My back button/home button/search is missing... any way to get it back? if I go into an app and switch back and forth between one option to another it pops up but then disappears soon after... pretty f'n annoying. I'm using the kindle launcher/nova/launcher that came with thor apps and it all has the same results. Thanks!

rootnik

Nov 22, 2010
I was waiting for a stable rom but decided to give this a try. It is perfect! Thanks for all the work you do for our hdx.

WebDev28

Jul 18, 2010
I noticed something this morning when I was waking up. I had my kindle charging the whole night when I woke up to unplug it, it was stuck in a Bootloop, not sure if it's a bug but I will keep an eye out on this. I rebooted my tab and it was back to normal.

Sent from my Kindle fire HDX 8.9 using xda premium

memeticadama

Aug 10, 2009
St Helier
www.memetic.org
I noticed something this morning when I was waking up. I had my kindle charging the whole night when I woke up to unplug it, it was stuck in a Bootloop, not sure if it's a bug but I will keep an eye out on this. I rebooted my tab and it was back to normal.

Sent from my Kindle fire HDX 8.9 using xda premium

I've had this with other devices, usually to do with the battery being drained whilst on charge.

butman

Feb 10, 2011
Try this! After rooted and installed SafeStrap into your stock rom go into recovery mode and activate a new slot and flash stock rom, root and then follow the maual excately.
Hashcode has a stock os you can flash.

Where i can get this stock rom please? It's for the 8.9?

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2014
i have flashed multiple roms floating around this site, but this is the only one i cannot get working. Can anyone post a more detailed instructions on how to install this? I managed to flash successfully, but the partition bricks after trying to install xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE SURE TO PLAY ON A SAFESTRAP ROM

Here is how to "easily" install Google Apps (gapps) on our HDX devices (tested on 7", should work on 8.9").
    This procedure will keep all amazon app services working, thanks to an Xposed module.

Installation

Informations
    • thor-gapps-installer-*.zip is just stock jb gapps with "welcomescreen.apk" removed and stock launcher added if needed
    • all work is done in HDXPosed module, more information on the HDXPosed thread

Download

Installed on Stock Rom Working

For anyone who wants to know. I have a 32GB Kindle HDX 8.9. I rooted my kindle then used KindleFree to install google services. I installed the XPosed mod without safestrap and everything is working without issues. I have not had a single problem with mine. All google apps including google hangouts and google+ work. I have not tried gmail as I prefer the default mail client so I have not installed gmail and I probably wont but everything else is working.

Edit: I forgot to mention that all of the amazon services are working as well. I can download and install apps from both the playstore and the amazon store, watch movies, download books, download and listen to music and download documents. I haven't had any problems with any services for amazon or google not working. The only unknown for me is gmail but like I said earlier I prefer the default mail client so I have not tried gmail.
    When you say stock do you mean the unrooted one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

*sigh*

When you first install safestrap recovery, and boot into it, it will stay very clearly that you're dealing with STOCK ROM (and recovery robot at the boot menu will be RED, not green). That means you're MUCKING WITH STOCK ROM, not a "copy" of a ROM (i.e. safestrap).

In order NOT to muck with stock ROM (i.e. live your life on the edge), you "backup" the stock ROM, create a ROM slot (probably 1, name it "mod test1 or whatever) restore your backup into it, and activate that so you from now on boot into the COPY of your ROM. Then you can flash, edit, distort, or multilate your ROM... and as long as you can get into safestrap recovery, you can simply reset the ROM slot by loading a backup, and you're back in 5 minutes. And your "stock ROM" (rooted, but unmodified) will stay UNTOUCHED.

Got that? :)
    Sounds like there's no way to keep Amazon services working while allowing Play store downloads to work. I'm a huge Amazon spender and prime customer so it'd be nice to have it working alongside Play store without resorting to rebooting to different rom slots.
    Currently uploading the flashable zip !

One problem with it tough, gmail is not working anymore, something to do with the sync service ... while it work fine on my initial rom ! Can't understand but will probably find later ... in the meanwhile it can be used to test play store.

zip uploaded and first post updated !