[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

ncadden

Aug 2, 2010
Where can I find the "sprintzone" apk?

It used to be in the removed apps folder on my sd card but I don't see it anywhere with this rom & I get a force close if I try to dial *2.

Sprint's coverage blows in a lot of the different towns I travel too, so I've downloaded a few different prl's but I would like to know which one is which so that I don't have to keep scrolling through then all every time I get somewhere new & being able to disk 2 would help that.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

bjb_nyj101

Dec 30, 2008
Southern California
If I'm not mistaken, there should be a folder on your SD card called "fresh-removed" or "removed apks" or something along those lines. Look around, you'll find it.

Last edited:

Vgamer4550

Jan 5, 2007
Hey all,

I've been using Fresh 4.0.0.4 for quite awhile now and I would have to say overall I am very impressed with it and cant wait to see what Flipz comes up with now that we have an official update available to work with and what Flipz additions he throws in the pot.

I have had some issues with this ROM and I thought I would through this out there as both observations and questions to see what people have to say.

1) Like most people I have to brightness bug....kills my battery but I realize that this is not an official Gingerbread, hence the tag Beta in the version.

2) This only started truly happening after I upgraded from 3.5 to 4.0.0.4, but Pandora just sucks now. I am aware that there is a streaming issue that was introduced in Android that the new update is supposed to fix, but my issue is very strange.

Before updating to 4.0.0.4 I could get Through an hr or so out of Pandora no problem, after update I was lucky to get through two songs before Pandora would stop playing. I tried all the fixes with the proxy settings and what not with no luck. Then someone showed me a link to "reworked" copy of Pandora that seems to work alot better, but still its by no means working like it should. I do have a paid subscription to Pandora One so I might switch back to that after a few more updates and the Official Gingerbread gets ported over.

3) This is probably related to number 2 but, my phone keeps stopping as if its gone to sleep. What I mean is, lets say I am listening to a podcost I down loaded to my phone. I'll get to just after the 30 minute mark in the cast and the phone just stops. In fact, Google Listen will just go away. I thought it was a listen issue, but I get the same response form Google Music, and TuneIn radio.

The weird thing is that I know this may still be a streaming issue, but 1) why does it affect downloaded podcasts, and 2) TuneIn radio stays streaming music much longer then Google Music or Pandora, its does however buffer quite a bit....acting just like Pandora Trying to find or load another song.

4) The Alarm functions on my phone are very unreliable now. Sometimes they go off on time, sometimes they are early, sometimes they go off at the time my snooze would have, and sometimes when I hit dismiss the alarms go off again like I hit snooze....I cant depend on them right now.

5) Last but not least, the Sense UI constantly loads when I go back to the home screen. If I do anything substantial in an app and then back out of that app to the home screen, 8 times out of 10 I have to watch the Fresh Loading Screen for my Home screen. Ive switched to both Launcher Pro and SPB Shell 3D to try and get faster response out of the launcher.

Thats my two cents on the ROM so far. I do like it alot and cant wait to see a non beta release. I might try xxxvirusromxxx to try out Sense 3.0 but I hope this long winded post helps anybody else who might be experiencing similar issues.

thanks Guys, and Congrats to Flipz.

Hey all,

Just wanted to give an update, now that the official update to gingerbread has been released, it turns out that alot of these issues actually seem to be in the official release from Sprint and HTC.

I went ahead and updated the Kernel and Radios manually then updated my PRL and Profile and have been using it all weekend with much better results. Im still using Fresh 4.0.0.4.

The New Kernel has dramatically improved my streaming music issues, my screen brightness now works like it should again, and a GPS issue that I didnt even know I had has been much improved. I can actually use it again without sucking the life out of my phone in like 10 minutes.

I still here Pandora has some major issues with the new official GB release and the Alarms fixed themselves after I actually reset everything, so dont expect the alarms to work if you dont reset them after going to GB.

So, it looks like Fresh 4.0.0.4 is as good as can be expected based on the admittedly Flawed Official update that has been released. Hopefully they send out a few more updates to fix the issues that are in this release and maybe give us the things that they did not include that most other phones got With Gingerbread, Screen off animation Im looking at you.

Thanks again Flipz and hope you had some great time off, looking forward to whatever you cook up next.

YenahsYenzow

Jun 26, 2010
Minneapolis
The renderFX, TV on/Off, and Statusbar toggle feature is the reason I swtiched over to AOSP GB ROMs, Deck's preferably.

Lets hope you, Flipz, could somehow get these features implemented, then I'll check it out.

keithdsny

Feb 20, 2010
NYC
I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.... BTW.. I having an issue with my texting by speek.. is it just me? Both WiFi and 3g/4g

sent from my EVO 4G on FRESH Rom.

troyhough

Jul 21, 2008
usb tether does not work

hi all-

just recently moved from 3.5 to 4.0 beta4. i can not get usb tether to work. it worked flawlessly with 3.5. i get a popup on the evo display that says "not subscribed to hotspot service" bla bla bla. i can only get a yellow triangle with explanation mark that says 'no internet access' down in the system tray of my computer.

wireless tether would not work consistently either so i updated to the latest 3.0 pre14 experimental version. that wouldn't consistently work so i moved back to 2.0.7 and now it seems to work perfect.

i have the brightness bug too but figured i would live with it until that is worked out.

has anyone figured out how to get usb tether to work??

culua

Feb 7, 2011
SD
Is fresh already working on this new update? I would love to try out his custom Rom. I'm already runing on the new ota. It's a lot better then old one and I want see how fresh would make it twice as better.

dodgerbluehero

Mar 28, 2010
Is fresh already working on this new update? I would love to try out his custom Rom. I'm already runing on the new ota. It's a lot better then old one and I want see how fresh would make it twice as better.

According to his Twitter he just got back from his honeymon and said a new Rom would be out soon

aaanadie

Apr 15, 2009
Roms like MikG-Sense2.1-v1.03 have latest OTA kernel and other improvements, but I am waiting the new Fresh for my EVO 4G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!