F400S/K/L Versions (Hardware Comparison) and usage on AT&T

Search This thread

bishwa_it

Apr 22, 2011
LTE 40/2300 mhz

any idea if any of these models work on LTE 2300mhz band 40? Am planning to import one from Korea..

gsanches

Mar 4, 2013
São Paulo
F400S LTE, GSM and WCDMA Bands

I'm looking in my G3 F400S's (Korean) hidden menu and confirming that it works with the following bands:

WCDMA: 800, 850, 900, AWS (?), 1900, 2100.

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900.

LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28, 40.

Also would like to say for those with the Korean version...I've rooted mine and flashed the SphinX G3 Neo V2.0 ROM...and I must say that I'm more than happy!!! :D

I'm able to access all hidden features like LTE-Only, my "home" ain't in Korea anymore, the default weather app is now Accuweather...and many other stuff that I preffer.

So concluding...root, install SphinX ( there's also the VDT V8 Full, but I find it too difficult to install and gave up) and install the G3 Tweaksbox from Google Play (you'll be able to modify many features from your ROM).

That's it guys...Have fun!

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Any of them will do. I would say go for the one that gives you the best price. At this point, enough AT&T users have gotten their hands on all 3 variants. Most can get LTE through band 17 (700 MHz) which is available on all 3 phones.

Hey mikeythedude...I don't know why, but I tried my F400S with AT&T in NY and only got 3G...no 4G or LTE...just for you guys who are asking to know. :)

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Any F460 variants like that?

I'm looking in my G3 F400S's (Korean) hidden menu and confirming that it works with the following bands:

WCDMA: 800, 850, 900, AWS (?), 1900, 2100.

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900.

LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28, 40.

Also would like to say for those with the Korean version...I've rooted mine and flashed the SphinX G3 Neo V2.0 ROM...and I must say that I'm more than happy!!! :D

I'm able to access all hidden features like LTE-Only, my "home" ain't in Korea anymore, the default weather app is now Accuweather...and many other stuff that I preffer.

So concluding...root, install SphinX ( there's also the VDT V8 Full, but I find it too difficult to install and gave up) and install the G3 Tweaksbox from Google Play (you'll be able to modify many features from your ROM).

Edit: Sorry, got excited, thought you were saying the F460S had all those bands. :(

Are there any F460 (Snapdragon 805) variants with all those LTE bands?

AT&T currently uses LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 17.

Nexus 6 is to big (overall size, not display). Anything bigger than the LG G3 is too big for a PHONE, for me. I've been hunting the international Moto Maxx, but this would be great for AT&T GoPhone to replace my Nexus 5.

Last edited:

Arunabh

Oct 7, 2012
In theory, with LG FlashTool, you should be able to (with a build.prop edit), however you will most likely lose software LTE Band support. Just to give an example: The S/L variants offer support for LTE 850 MHz, whereas the K supports LTE 900 MHz in its place. On the S/L version, if you were to load the K factory software, you lose out on software recognition of LTE 850 MHz (unsure if the hardware is still able to connect, but I imagine it is both a hardware/software connection).

What this would mean is that though you should be able to load the D855 factory .TOT and .DLL, you will have conflicts with the software recognizing certain hardware aspects.

Ultimately, your best hope is that an awesome developer will create some type of universal super ROM that would let you flash certain features specific to your device. Also considering the D855 will have some kind of FM antenna, the FM radio software will be completely useless on our Korean variants, as we do not have the built-in tuner (we have a DMB tuner instead).

Hope this helps :)
Hey mike,I asked a friend to pick up a g3 for me as he was in Korea. I got the f400l variant. can I flash the d855 variant on a f400l if I don't want to use LTE(I don't have LTE here) and what other problems would I be looking at?

Edit: seems like this thread is dead! Anyways would like to hear your thoughts on this!

Last edited:

asuncionin

Jan 15, 2017
sir if im not mistaken i have a phone LG G3 0423 S/L korean and it says on the back LTE 8 now i dont know how to unbricked my phone cause i dload cm 13 on to it and trie to manually root cause the built in root is not workin pls help me which variant of stock rom should i used

force70

sir if im not mistaken i have a phone LG G3 0423 S/L korean and it says on the back LTE 8 now i dont know how to unbricked my phone cause i dload cm 13 on to it and trie to manually root cause the built in root is not workin pls help me which variant of stock rom should i used

Lol....i kinda doubt you will get alot of help...most have moved on from the G3 as its outdated. Plus I assume you didnt notice the last post made was in the spring of 2015 and the OP sas made in 2014?

Sorry man wish I could help you but it can be a challenge to find much support for the older devices unfortunately.

Sent from my Note 7, S7 Edge or S6

khnoizer

Sep 14, 2016
Malang
Greetings guys, sorry noob here. I'm about getting a korean G3 right now (f400). So, here's what I want to ask: What's the difference between f400 and f400S/K/L? Are f400S/K/L sub variants of f400? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola folks!

After finding enough screenshots/video reviews, I am beginning to think that from a hardware perspective the S and L variants are identical (including supported bands), whereas the K is only slightly different from S/L.

Any images of the back cover off on the K models (Olleh) will show "F400 0425 K" indicating the hardware is the "K" variant. (If you watch the review video http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g3-review, you will notice this info up at the top on the backside, right above the camera.) UPDATE: Here is another link with an image http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/06/lg-g3-review-a-great-phone-with-way-too-many-pixels/#image-4

On the S/L (SK Telecom, LG U+) models, they say "F400 0423 S/L" on the SK Telecom model ("S" variant), and "F400 0425 S/L" on the LG U+ model ("L" variant). You can find images of the "S" model with engadget's review (http://www.engadget.com/gallery/lg-g3-review/2676959/#!slide=2676963), and images of the "L" model with ubreakifix's F400L teardown (http://www.ubreakifix.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ubif-g3-21.jpg).

(Thanks and kudos to the review sites and teardown site for the images.) :)

As an owner of the F400S, I can tell you that all 3 variants will run on AT&T LTE (as a lot of our LTE is on Band 17 - 700 MHz spectrum). I was able to load my F400S with the TOT and DLL files of all 3 variants (currently waiting on getting it back to the "S" variant once the DLL is posted), and all 3 variants will connect to AT&T with no issues (for those of you that plan on importing like I did).

So for those of you who managed to brick your new G3, as long as you can ADB into it, you can edit your build.prop file with the corresponding korean variant model info, and load any stock image. As @wolfgart has posted a great thread with the TOTs and DLLs, I recommend swinging through there for more info. If you have a K variant, load the K TOT and DLL, and you are fine.

For those of us with S/L variants--with the above info and enough tinkering in the hidden menus of all 3 variants, I can tell you that from a hardware perspective these two models are nearly identical. From a modem/supported frequencies perspective, the S and L variants support the exact same frequencies--meaning, if you bricked your S or L version, you can restore it with an S or L TOT and DLL (after editing build.prop if needed) and you will still get all of your original hardware supported bands/frequencies. This is critical for those of you using LTE Band 5 to connect to your data... (should not be the case for any US AT&T users...).
    UPDATE: in the 'Android Development' section, wolfgart's thread with the TOTs and DLLs have been updated to now include the files for all 3 models. So unless you know what you are doing with a build.prop edit, probably best to stick with what came with the phones for those who are new to this stuff.

The main difference between the S/L and K phones in frequency/band support is that LTE Band 8 is supported on the K model only, whereas you will get LTE Band 5 support on the S/L models. All other bands and frequencies (WCDMA/GSM) are the same across all 3 models. All 3 also support LTE Band 17, and will connect to AT&T in the US.

Took me a while to figure this out, but I had a long weekend :cool:
    Any thoughts about the L/S version suporting LTE Band 7?
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't connect to LTE with band 7 so I can't say much on that. However, just based on the hidden menus in both (I am using the L version on my S variant phone at the moment), they both have the same listings of 1,3,5,7 for supported bands.

LTE 700, 850, 1800, 2100, 2600 (Band 17, Band 5, Band 3, Band 1, and Band 7 respectively)
    UMTS 850, 1900, 2100
    GSM 800, 900, 1800, 1900

The above are the fully supported bands on the S and L variants.

The below are the fully supported bands on the K variant.

LTE 700, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 (Band 17, Band 8, Band 3, Band 1, and Band 7 respectively)
    UMTS 850, 1900, 2100
    GSM 800, 900, 1800, 1900

I don't have the K variant on my device now, but I recall the only band difference is that it supports LTE band 8 (900 MHz) instead of LTE band 5 (850 MHz), but other supported bands are the same. LTE Band 5 is one of the primary bands for both SK Telecom and LG U+ (which partially explains why the two phones have nearly identical hardware, including modem support).

Hope this answers your question. As support for those frequencies are built in (and it makes sense on LG as a mass manufacturer--They can use the same modem and just rebrand it like they did in Korea for the S and L variants).
    Why is the S one more expensive than the L?
    Why is the S one more expensive than the L?

That, my friend, is a question you will have to ask LG and SK Telecom. We sorta see that in the US every so often with "special editions" that aren't really that special and they will add an extra 100ish.

Off-contract, LG U+ is the most affordable right now, with SK Telecom right around $700 USD. With markup and shipping, etc. eBayers are selling it for $750-800.

Also, you have to remember the G3 is a hot commodity even in Korea right now. Had some friends who thought it was funny I got a phone overseas before they even bothered joining the bandwagon.

So though I can't say for sure why exactly it's more expensive, I can definitely say it has to do with the fact that the phone is still only 3 weeks old :)
    Yeah...I'm a proud owner of a Htc One M7...I have been thinking a lot and decided that it's time to change. I'm comparing the M8, the Z2, the G3 for a long time and finally think that this last one will be the one...unfortunately it's still very soon to easily find information regarding this phone online...

Your information helped me a lot...now I know exactly which variant to buy :fingers-crossed:...thank you guys very much :D

It looks like you are planning on doing the same upgrade I did. I still have my M7 as my backup :), but definitely gotta say I am loving my G3. :cool: