1% increment battery driver

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
It doesnt work very well for me either. Taskbar icon is always full. I've tried even several icon sets (including the original one). Now my device is like 1/2 of batery and taskbar icon is full. I include my battdrvr.dll extracted from my ROM. I dont have there battery.dll at all.

Anyway I think Batti 2.4 shows it right.

battery.dll is there, but impossible to see. Please try ROMExtract tool and enter \Windows\battery.dll as file to extract. It may work. I had to completely dump my device to get it...

What device are you using BTW, unbranded TP2, or branded?

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
edit: the problem was that ROMExtractor didnt see the battery.dll ... I copied it over Resco file explorer... see in attachment.

I dont understand the question about branded/not branded. I bought it normally in the shop and its not anyhow connected to my GSM provider.

Attachments

• battery.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

neforce

Sep 5, 2007
Stadskanaal
edit: the problem was that ROMExtractor didnt see the battery.dll ... I copied it over Resco file explorer... see in attachment.

I dont understand the question about branded/not branded. I bought it normally in the shop and its not anyhow connected to my GSM provider.

Then you have an unbranded device.
If it was a branded device, there would be an T-mobile logo (or other provider) on the backside or something. And maybe the software was different.

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
Can you post your battdrvr.dll and battery.dll ?

You may need to use ROMExtract to get them.

I found out how to dump my ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=501871

thank you DaveShaw

but after that I was completely stuck, and couldn't find a working link for ROMExtract so I have posted what I extracted in the hope it is some good

http://rapidshare.com/files/245749588/raw.rar.html

This is from a Vodafone branded TP2

ROM Version 1.14.161.5 (50207) WWE
ROM Date 05/19/09
Radio Version 3.44.25.27
Protocol Version 61.25t.25.19U

HTH

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu

Err yes, this one is the file that my CAB installed :p

Still think there is miscommunication here somewhere, though.

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
Watch my screenshots...

I dont know another way how to extract the battery.dll

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 581
  • battdrvr.jpg
    battdrvr.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 521

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
Screenshots - I have no charging plugged in and the taskbar icon shows that I am charging anyway.

Yesterday I had battery like 50% and the icon was showing "full battery". You can notice slight line of color pixels on the top. Thats Batti program. When I had 50% yesterday Batti was correct (I even think there was 1% incrementation). Just the taskbar icon is wrong - showing always full battery, showing charging when i dont...

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 647
  • home.jpg
    home.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 807

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
That is strange indeed. BUT - if Batti does show correct, then the problem is not the updated battery.dll ... Could you disconnect from cradle etc, turn on bluetooth, wifi, data connection, etc, keep screen on, to drain battery fastest way and see if Batti "gradually" declines battery or in big "chunks" (10 of them, hehe) ?

If Batti shows it gradually getting less, than the battery driver is good. Makes me wonder WTH is going on with your icons, though.

NOTE: I had a similar problem once with a custom ROM, but never found out what the problem was...

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
I found out how to dump my ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=501871

thank you DaveShaw

but after that I was completely stuck, and couldn't find a working link for ROMExtract so I have posted what I extracted in the hope it is some good

http://rapidshare.com/files/245749588/raw.rar.html

I can extract the files from the RAWs, that is not a problem. However, RapidShare is not letting me download the file as of yet. I'll try again later.

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
That is strange indeed. BUT - if Batti does show correct, then the problem is not the updated battery.dll ... Could you disconnect from cradle etc, turn on bluetooth, wifi, data connection, etc, keep screen on, to drain battery fastest way and see if Batti "gradually" declines battery or in big "chunks" (10 of them, hehe) ?

If Batti shows it gradually getting less, than the battery driver is good. Makes me wonder WTH is going on with your icons, though.

NOTE: I had a similar problem once with a custom ROM, but never found out what the problem was...

the Batti decrements by 1% definitly. I've been just looking on it. Dunno whats wrong with my icons :-( But I will keep that driver because i am using batti primary (icon in taskbar sometimes disappers while browsing some menus).

vdKarel

Sep 9, 2007
Enschede
Can't you change the driver so that it doesn't give an icon but just shows what percentage is left? Not I see like three lines which means anywhere between 50 ~ 75% or something.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Can't you change the driver so that it doesn't give an icon but just shows what percentage is left? Not I see like three lines which means anywhere between 50 ~ 75% or something.

The icon display and the battery driver are two completely different things... ideally you would use this driver and a "custom taskbar". These custom taskbars contains icons and reg entries to actually SHOW the 1% difference in the icons. Search for "tsowen", you'll find many of them.

Star-Lite

Jan 14, 2008
it does seem to work under Batti 2.4, but the 'power' screen in the settings still shows the battery in 10% increments. would there be a way to fix this as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I promised in one of the threads here that I would look into our (EU !) Rhodiums only reporting battery in 10% increments. As I received my Rhodiums today I did look into this. However, I didn't figure it out. I did see the structure of the battery driver and recalled no2chem mentioned a similar structure for the CDMA Touch Pro (1) - not like the GSM Touch Pro (1). So I hooked up with him on IRC and he pretty much held my hand making a 1% increment battery driver for the TP2.

So I learned a new trick and made this, all of the credit is to no2chem. I just extracted the files, sent them to him, had him walk me through the changes (and have him explain how and why), packaged it up, and this is the result. Tested on my own TP2!

no2chem's donation link is here: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/Donate.aspx.

Obviously, for the 1% incremental battery icons on the taskbar you will still need an icon pack and the registry entries. Refer to your favorite taskbar mod for this.

By the way, keep an eye out for no2chem's improved battery drivers - he also showed me how to do USB fastcharge and the likes. I will not mess with this, but I'm sure one day he will :)

EDIT: As further credit, no2chem was partially shown this trick by cmonex, whom we all know, respect and love ;)

EDIT#2: If this driver does not work right for you (it should, though), you can also try Quentin-'s new driver: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=556318. This uses a different battery driver version as source, this one from a US device (the one I used is from an EU device).