[Q] Speed/Performance Scripts Overview

Search This thread

ricovox

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry for the incredibly newbish question. (Feel free to refer me to other places this may have been answered.)

There seem to be a lot of "Speedy"/Performance scripts listed in the Sticky on the X2 Dev forum, and I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide a line or two to describe each.

It seems to me like there is a lot of overlap between some of these scripts, especially when considering the tweaks added by various ROMs. So I am most interested in finding out basically which are compatible, and which are most likely to conflict with the available custom ROMs.

Here are a couple, but feel free to add more.

• Speedy V6
  • Init.d Re-hack (required for some scripts)
  • Init.d Hack v0.6 (required for some scripts)
  • Speedy Gonzales v1.0 (thread closed)
  • Power Boost v2.0
  • -=V6 SuperCharger=-
  • SetCPU (an app that may/may not work in conjunction with some of the above scripts)

Again, sorry for my nativity here. I know this information can be found in the individual threads, but I'm sure a basic overview would be a really big help for those of us who are just now trying to get into the installation of some good speed scripts. It's also really unclear to a beginner which scripts/apps/ROMs will conflict with each other or which combinations might actually reduce effectiveness & stability.

Thanks!

Reactions: apexi01

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
ya i agree...too many of these overlap with each other.....which work with what kernal???....which works the best....benefits of each??....etc....

Reactions: ricovox

iBolski

init.d hack is a way to allow you to store scripts in a directory called /etc/init.d that will fire up when the phone reboots. Without it, you could create the directory but your phone won't run the scripts.

It's best to flash the init.d hack first which "hijacks" the boot process and will execute any scripts located in the /etc/init.d directory.

Once that is flashed, I find the V6 Supercharger Scripts to be the best for making the phone speedy. I use options 9 and 12. 9 sets the optimal memory settings that seem to prevent music from skipping. Option 12 makes the launcher not get killed in memory which can cause skipping and hi cupping in the X2 as it unloads and reloads from what I understand.

I really haven't used anything else except the V6 Supercharger Scripts. They seem to be the most popular, but what it all boils down to is, experiment with each one and see which gives you the best performance you are seeking.

I also know many ROMS, such as Eclipse, have incorporated the init.d hack and have their own versions of many of these performance scripts in them, so mileage will vary.

Also, the kernel doesn't mean anything. It works with all kernels. But, many of them require Busybox installed since they use various UNIX commands that are not available in the stock image.

Reactions: ricovox

h_10

Nov 3, 2010
question: can't you just save the 99 v6 script as run as root, run at boot after you create the init.d directory instead of having to run the init.d hack? i've never run the init.d hack but have used the run as root run at boot save and it always loads fine on boots.

tallyforeman

Nov 18, 2011
The Bikini State!
I really hope I posted this in the right place...

I loaded Eclipse v1.3 yesterday on 2.3.4 and I love it! It works really well. I had the issue about the gps but it went away after 2 battery pulls. I don't have any problems with iheartradio skipping or any other music for that matter. I have even noticed my X2 runs way faster. But, my internet is slower. No matter downloading or browsing, I can tell it is slower than before. Since Eclipse has the init.d already inside, can I download the Speedy V6 zip and flash it when I go into recovery mode? From what I have read in the forum, that should increase the overall speed of the phone. Or, being a noob, am I going about that the wrong way?

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I really hope I posted this in the right place...

I loaded Eclipse v1.3 yesterday on 2.3.4 and I love it! It works really well. I had the issue about the gps but it went away after 2 battery pulls. I don't have any problems with iheartradio skipping or any other music for that matter. I have even noticed my X2 runs way faster. But, my internet is slower. No matter downloading or browsing, I can tell it is slower than before. Since Eclipse has the init.d already inside, can I download the Speedy V6 zip and flash it when I go into recovery mode? From what I have read in the forum, that should increase the overall speed of the phone. Or, being a noob, am I going about that the wrong way?

I'd also like to note: On my CPU tuner app, it always says the Active CPU's are 1/2 and does not pass the test under the "check capabilities" portion of the app. I also had the same result before rooting and loading Eclipse. Will the new script cure that?

question: can't you just save the 99 v6 script as run as root, run at boot after you create the init.d directory instead of having to run the init.d hack? i've never run the init.d hack but have used the run as root run at boot save and it always loads fine on boots.

The main reason for the init.d hack is so u don't NEED script manager to run init.d scripts at boot. One less thing for ur phone to have to start up. One less application running on startup.
What I used to do(when not running a rom w/init.d support...eclipse HAS init.d hack built in along w/liberty (others too I believe)
Is I would flash the hack. Delete all init.d scripts and just run supercharger scripts from there.
that way there was no need to run the supercharger scripts at boot etc...

Reactions: apexi01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the incredibly newbish question. (Feel free to refer me to other places this may have been answered.)

There seem to be a lot of "Speedy"/Performance scripts listed in the Sticky on the X2 Dev forum, and I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide a line or two to describe each.

It seems to me like there is a lot of overlap between some of these scripts, especially when considering the tweaks added by various ROMs. So I am most interested in finding out basically which are compatible, and which are most likely to conflict with the available custom ROMs.

Here are a couple, but feel free to add more.

• Speedy V6
    • Init.d Re-hack (required for some scripts)
    • Init.d Hack v0.6 (required for some scripts)
    • Speedy Gonzales v1.0 (thread closed)
    • Power Boost v2.0
    • -=V6 SuperCharger=-
    • SetCPU (an app that may/may not work in conjunction with some of the above scripts)

Again, sorry for my nativity here. I know this information can be found in the individual threads, but I'm sure a basic overview would be a really big help for those of us who are just now trying to get into the installation of some good speed scripts. It's also really unclear to a beginner which scripts/apps/ROMs will conflict with each other or which combinations might actually reduce effectiveness & stability.

Thanks!
    ya i agree...too many of these overlap with each other.....which work with what kernal???....which works the best....benefits of each??....etc....
    init.d hack is a way to allow you to store scripts in a directory called /etc/init.d that will fire up when the phone reboots. Without it, you could create the directory but your phone won't run the scripts.

It's best to flash the init.d hack first which "hijacks" the boot process and will execute any scripts located in the /etc/init.d directory.

Once that is flashed, I find the V6 Supercharger Scripts to be the best for making the phone speedy. I use options 9 and 12. 9 sets the optimal memory settings that seem to prevent music from skipping. Option 12 makes the launcher not get killed in memory which can cause skipping and hi cupping in the X2 as it unloads and reloads from what I understand.

I really haven't used anything else except the V6 Supercharger Scripts. They seem to be the most popular, but what it all boils down to is, experiment with each one and see which gives you the best performance you are seeking.

I also know many ROMS, such as Eclipse, have incorporated the init.d hack and have their own versions of many of these performance scripts in them, so mileage will vary.

Also, the kernel doesn't mean anything. It works with all kernels. But, many of them require Busybox installed since they use various UNIX commands that are not available in the stock image.

The main reason for the init.d hack is so u don't NEED script manager to run init.d scripts at boot. One less thing for ur phone to have to start up. One less application running on startup.
    What I used to do(when not running a rom w/init.d support...eclipse HAS init.d hack built in along w/liberty (others too I believe)
    Is I would flash the hack. Delete all init.d scripts and just run supercharger scripts from there.
    that way there was no need to run the supercharger scripts at boot etc...