[ROM][CANADIAN][11/24] - Stock Rooted 4.1.2 [t0ltecan] for SGH-I317M

Which Service Provider are you using your SGH-I317M with?

• Total voters
Search This thread

exactguy

Sep 1, 2008
T.O
Model: SGH-I317M
Android OS: v4.1.2
Baseband version: I317MVLBMA3
Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-861899
Device: t0ltecan
Build number: JZO54K.I317MOYABMA3

FEATURES:

• Rooted
• Debloated/Unbranded
• De-odexed
• Busybox
• Init.d Support
• Zip Aligned
• Unsecured Boot.img

Additional ringtones
Custom Boot animations enabled

Replaced S-Voice with S3 S-Voice
Replaced Email with 4.2 Email
Replaced Gallery with 4.2 Gallery

Removed 47 APK’s in addition to (Bell/Rogers/Telus etc) provider branding/bloatware:
[see list in link/image below]

picture.php

http://xdaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=10342&pictureid=41559

BACKUP:

Perform a FULL NANDROID BACKUP
(Backup all partitions to SD Card)

INSTALL:

Flash via recovery on rooted device.
TWRP Recovery (recommended)
Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Factory Reset
Flash ROM
Wipe Cache + Dalvik Cache
Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINK:

DOWNLOAD LINK

NOTE:

Based off of the Rogers release, should work on all Canadian and AT&T Note 2's
(Although AT&T Note 2's have better options) ;)
Please confirm below if it works for you, note carrier and device model variant, so other users can benefit.

Let me know if something is wrong with the link(s).

What's your favourite file sharing site for a 762mb file? Anyone willing to host? ;)

Last edited:

exactguy

Sep 1, 2008
T.O
Weird, I'm able to view it on the XDA app and in Firefox. The link is a .png image linked to the download server, does that get affected by some XDA forum settings?
I will add regular text links shortly, apologies.

Okay, the .png album was set to private, changed to public, still cannot view links in Chrome, so added regular text links.
Should work fine now. Thanks for letting me know Archeob ;)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
Installed no problems
In case somebody wants the speedometer and digital number battery I have uploaded the systemui rename and set to permission to 644 in the system/app folder .
Digital Numbers by ZaphodBeeblebrox
Some Icons from Mad theme found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183099

If i forgot somebody just let me know as i have 1TB of icons from so many different roms that its hard to keep track of where they came from

Attachments

• 2013-11-25-21-36-56.jpg
    2013-11-25-21-36-56.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 432
  • MA3SystemUI.apk
    4 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: exactguy

Archeob

Jan 17, 2011
It installed fine and everything seems ok for now, except for a few reboots that may be due to the SaberKernel I installed.

The option to sync email to exchange servers (Hotmail) seems to be missing. Anyone know which apk would be responsible for that?

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
It installed fine and everything seems ok for now, except for a few reboots that may be due to the SaberKernel I installed.

The option to sync email to exchange servers (Hotmail) seems to be missing. Anyone know which apk would be responsible for that?

Push these two files to system/app set permission 644 reboot. Now as soon as i did this it updated Samsung Push Service
I also deleted the Emailgoogle.apk

Ok the files are to big to upload here if you have a stock MA3 deodexed then pull SecEmail.apk and SecExchange.apk out of the zip and see above

Last edited:

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
Hoping you will soon release a i317m Stock Rooted 4.3 now that it's officially out and available on Sammobile. Thank you again for all your hard work!

exactguy

Sep 1, 2008
T.O
Aah, thanks for letting me know. Will try to get my hands on it this weekend iA.

exactguy

Sep 1, 2008
T.O
Need to research Knox. 4.3 comes with Knox, Knox affects a lot of things. I heard we don't get the Air Command feature?

thekenderman

Feb 28, 2011
Bowmanville
Need to research Knox. 4.3 comes with Knox, Knox affects a lot of things. I heard we don't get the Air Command feature?

Yeah, no Air Command, but at least with a stock de-odexed, etc... we can start to port it from Note 3. I saw a working (but laggy) example of it working on a video on youtube, but the link escapes me. That Knox is a troublesome jerk

greatg

Nov 9, 2005
Hamilton
I currently running DN4.3.2 and having issues setting up my exchange email. Can I follow these instructions to get back to stock 4.1.2?

exactguy

Sep 1, 2008
T.O
This ROM is Not a stock ROM, It's a stock-rooted ROM with a few additional stuff (see OP). If that's what you want, worth a try.

Sent from my SGH-i317M using xda app-developers app

Juicy47

Sep 22, 2007

I've tried to create a similar 4.3 version of the ROM without any success. I follow similar steps as I had for 4.1 and leaked 4.3 rom, but in TWRP it warns that no OS is installed. I'm assuming that Samsung has moved critical data to other system partitions? Would be interested in collab.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model: SGH-I317M
    Android OS: v4.1.2
    Baseband version: I317MVLBMA3
    Kernel: Stock 3.0.31-861899
    Device: t0ltecan
    Build number: JZO54K.I317MOYABMA3

FEATURES:

• Rooted
    • Debloated/Unbranded
    • De-odexed
    • Busybox
    • Init.d Support
    • Zip Aligned
    • Unsecured Boot.img

Additional ringtones
    Custom Boot animations enabled

Replaced S-Voice with S3 S-Voice
    Replaced Email with 4.2 Email
    Replaced Gallery with 4.2 Gallery

Removed 47 APK’s in addition to (Bell/Rogers/Telus etc) provider branding/bloatware:
    [see list in link/image below]

picture.php

http://xdaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=10342&pictureid=41559

BACKUP:

Perform a FULL NANDROID BACKUP
    (Backup all partitions to SD Card)

INSTALL:

Flash via recovery on rooted device.
    TWRP Recovery (recommended)
    Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Factory Reset
    Flash ROM
    Wipe Cache + Dalvik Cache
    Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINK:

DOWNLOAD LINK

NOTE:

Based off of the Rogers release, should work on all Canadian and AT&T Note 2's
    (Although AT&T Note 2's have better options) ;)
    Please confirm below if it works for you, note carrier and device model variant, so other users can benefit.

Let me know if something is wrong with the link(s).

What's your favourite file sharing site for a 762mb file? Anyone willing to host? ;)
    I'm not seeing any link on IE8/10, Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin Browser or the XDA app...
    upload it on copy.com its fast and more reliable
    Installed no problems
    In case somebody wants the speedometer and digital number battery I have uploaded the systemui rename and set to permission to 644 in the system/app folder .
    Digital Numbers by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Some Icons from Mad theme found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183099

If i forgot somebody just let me know as i have 1TB of icons from so many different roms that its hard to keep track of where they came from