[Q] Battery draining

Search This thread

imranaryan

Jan 18, 2008
Kolkata
xten-sion.blogspot.com
Hey my dad phone battery drains in 6 hrs he use GSM mode (2G) Wifi connected for most of the time... he do facebook and calls .. am on the latest build and the phone goes to ZERO withing 6hours .. what can be done .. the fone is just 9 months old.. please help

phone is on stamina mode

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
Similar issue

Hey, sorry to hijack your thread, but I also have a drain issue, but I didn't want to open a new thread just for my issue.

I'm on a C6902, stock rom, stock kernel, bootloader locked, rooted. Every once in a while, Android system or Google Search randomly decides to keep my phone on a wakelock. I have to keep checking and a reboot fixes it. I just wanted to check if this was normal, or if I should reflash the firmware. I'm on the Global (Singapore?) version of the firmware, since I bought it there last month, and updated via OTA while I was there to .108.

I am currently in India and am experiencing this issue, didn't really experience it there.

Any pointers?

srqrox

May 30, 2012
Hey my dad phone battery drains in 6 hrs he use GSM mode (2G) Wifi connected for most of the time... he do facebook and calls .. am on the latest build and the phone goes to ZERO withing 6hours .. what can be done .. the fone is just 9 months old.. please help

phone is on stamina mode

Hey, sorry to hijack your thread, but I also have a drain issue, but I didn't want to open a new thread just for my issue.

I'm on a C6902, stock rom, stock kernel, bootloader locked, rooted. Every once in a while, Android system or Google Search randomly decides to keep my phone on a wakelock. I have to keep checking and a reboot fixes it. I just wanted to check if this was normal, or if I should reflash the firmware. I'm on the Global (Singapore?) version of the firmware, since I bought it there last month, and updated via OTA while I was there to .108.

I am currently in India and am experiencing this issue, didn't really experience it there.

Any pointers?

I was having similar issue, except that my battery was running out of juice in 6 hours, I had bought a new phone and I was devastated.
I was on .108 and System / AndroidOS was taking 80 percent of my battery juice (an obvious wakelock) depleting it in hours.

What solved it for me, wasn't a single thing but a few small things.

1. Root and move to SlimKat or PA, or a stock based ROM preferably Trinity Revolution.

2. Install TricksterMOD, set governor to OnDemand / Interactive. (preferably, Interactive).

3. If you are on Trinity Revolution with Trinity Kernel do these in addition to 2.
i. Enable "Eco mode". (If your father doesn't do any resource hungry stuff on phone and can deal with minor lags here and there).
ii. Switch off MPDecision and enable Intelliplug.

4. In your WiFi setting, go to Advanced > and switch off "Always scan for available WIFI networks".

5. Go into Mobile Networks, and set Preferred Network Type to "2G".

6. Disable auto-syncing of Google Account.

7. Install TitaniumBackup and freeze services like Google Search, Print Spooler, Cloud Print etc.

With PA, and using only what I just mentioned, my phone now can have over 5 hours 42 minutes of ON SCREEN time and over 13 hours of standby with 25 percent battery still remaining.
If you enable "eco mode" your on screen time would increase upto 6 or 7 hours, which is as best as it could get on any phone.

Hope it helps. :)

P.S

AnrgKrshn your problem may also get solved by uninstalling the latest updates of Google Play Services. It didn't work for me but many people swear by it. Google is your friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnrgKrshn

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Overheating during charge is normal. Especially if you play games, and also Facebook, because display is turned on whole time it heat even more.

Also, camera somehow manage to overheat phone to. So I assume this is normal also, every z1 I had in my hand have this kind of "problem" especially if you use augment reality or some other effects.

So nothing wrong with your phone on that one.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
I'm considering doing a fresh flash of the 108 ftf and see if it's fixed, or by running it through a few charge cycles. Thank for your help, guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

phone is on stamina mode

Any pointers?

I was having similar issue, except that my battery was running out of juice in 6 hours, I had bought a new phone and I was devastated.
    I was on .108 and System / AndroidOS was taking 80 percent of my battery juice (an obvious wakelock) depleting it in hours.

What solved it for me, wasn't a single thing but a few small things.

1. Root and move to SlimKat or PA, or a stock based ROM preferably Trinity Revolution.

2. Install TricksterMOD, set governor to OnDemand / Interactive. (preferably, Interactive).

3. If you are on Trinity Revolution with Trinity Kernel do these in addition to 2.
    i. Enable "Eco mode". (If your father doesn't do any resource hungry stuff on phone and can deal with minor lags here and there).
    ii. Switch off MPDecision and enable Intelliplug.

4. In your WiFi setting, go to Advanced > and switch off "Always scan for available WIFI networks".

5. Go into Mobile Networks, and set Preferred Network Type to "2G".

6. Disable auto-syncing of Google Account.

7. Install TitaniumBackup and freeze services like Google Search, Print Spooler, Cloud Print etc.

With PA, and using only what I just mentioned, my phone now can have over 5 hours 42 minutes of ON SCREEN time and over 13 hours of standby with 25 percent battery still remaining.
    If you enable "eco mode" your on screen time would increase upto 6 or 7 hours, which is as best as it could get on any phone.

Hope it helps. :)

P.S

AnrgKrshn your problem may also get solved by uninstalling the latest updates of Google Play Services. It didn't work for me but many people swear by it. Google is your friend.