ME7 to stock help

Search This thread

Graphene [x]

Sep 26, 2013
I updated my phone from MDK to ME7 when I first purchased it. I also put a custom Google edition ROM 4.2 on it. I'm having trouble finding a guide that tells me how to go back to stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I updated my phone from MDK to ME7 when I first purchased it. I also put a custom Google edition ROM 4.2 on it. I'm having trouble finding a guide that tells me how to go back to stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So you loki'd the phone...loaded a custom recovery to install a custom rom. ..?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

Reactions: Graphene [x]

Graphene [x]

Sep 26, 2013
I'm not sure what Loki means but I rooted my phone, put safe strap on it and installed a custom ROM.

thevance1

Apr 8, 2011
Santa Cruz
I'm not sure what Loki means but I rooted my phone, put safe strap on it and installed a custom ROM.

I was actually just searching for a fix for my custom recovery lokid mdk phone. I flashed a stock 4.3 mk2 rom and all was well until i tried to flash an aroma mod that caused my phone to go into unauthorized software detected by verizon message on reboot.(it was in the verizon i545 section) thought I'd odin back to mdk and reroot, flash custom recovery, restore back up, etc but now i'm stuck in a stock verizon bootloop. ideas?

Graphene [x]

Sep 26, 2013
Ok. That is what I'm checking. You can odin back to a stock me7

OK thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow. I plan on selling my phone to get a new one and I just want it all on stock. After I flash with Odin will safe strap be removed or do I need to do something else to remove it?

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
Odin an emergency version that wipes the phone to remove all traces. Others just clear the system and don't touch data.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I was actually just searching for a fix for my custom recovery lokid mdk phone. I flashed a stock 4.3 mk2 rom and all was well until i tried to flash an aroma mod that caused my phone to go into unauthorized software detected by verizon message on reboot.(it was in the verizon i545 section) thought I'd odin back to mdk and reroot, flash custom recovery, restore back up, etc but now i'm stuck in a stock verizon bootloop. ideas?

My first impression if you odined a mk2 stock rom, you have lost your mdk loki exploit.....you have locked your bootloader up. Thats my first impression as I really don't know much about S4 phones before ME7.

Graphene [x]

Sep 26, 2013
Since I started on MDK and updated to ME7 are you sure I need to flash the ME7 stock with Odin instead of MDK? I just want to make sure so I don't soft brick my phone.

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
If you went up to me7 as an update and not flashable zip, then you cannot go to mdk. No. You have to go to me7.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So you loki'd the phone...loaded a custom recovery to install a custom rom. ..?

Ok. That is what I'm checking. You can odin back to a stock me7