[FAQ/Summary] HTC EVO 3D DEV FAQ's, Root and S-OFF Status, etc. [Updated: 10.31.2011]

Search This thread

RVDigital

Feb 17, 2010
heymanniceblog.com
This thread was created as a central location for the most up to date and relevant information around the EVO 3D Development Scene.

Yes, if you are new to the DEV scene or are about to ask a question a very n00b question like "what is S-OFF?", "how do I...a bootloader?", "does my EVO turn into a jet and take me to x, y, or z?"...then you should be reading this. It's ok, we were all Noobs once. You can always check this more than once since I will try to update it with additional issues/solutions that your fellow members post as they become available.

Changed in this Update:
-Renamed APKs section to "Apps and APKs"
-Addition of Flash Image GUI to Apps and APKs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Root Status:R00T3D!
S-OFF Status:S-OFF3D!

S-OFF has been achieved! We have our friends at unrevoked and AlphaRev to thank for their hard work in bringing this to the table!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rooting/ROM FAQs

First and foremost, I will utilize this opportunity to throw out the standard disclaimer. YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for ALL actions and modifications done to your device. Although most of the methods described on this thread and throughout the DEV community are fairly harmless, no one else can be held responsible if your device becomes a brick.

I just got my EVO 3D! I want to root it

There are a few ways to answer this question, both are detailed below. The first method utilizes a Temp Root solution provided by Team Win. This is good if you're nervous about the rooting process or if you just want to get a taste of rooting possibilities. The second (and most popular) method is a full unlocking of the phone into what is known as "S-OFF" mode, which allows previously restricted parts of the phone to be accessed allowing a user low level access.

Temp Root
Grab the Fre3vo Temp Root solution from Fre3vo, from TheRootofallEVO or xHausx has provided a nice little Windows ADB package in Zip form for starters.
xHausx 3DROOT v5 - View attachment 3DROOT-5.zip

Also, ausbostinmang on youtube has made a nice walkthrough video if you learn better with pictures like in the storybooks!

Full Root with S-OFF

Download Revolution from unrevoked and AlphaRev here. Follow the instructions explicitly as this solution is currently in Beta and subject to change without notice.

How Do I know if my device is S-OFF?

Ensure the device is completely powered off, the best way is to pull the battery and replace it. Boot into the bootloader to check it by holding the volume key down + pressing the power button when the device is fully powered off. Don't let go of the volume key until you boot into the white screen that you've probably never seen before. Look at the top line it will MORE THAN LIKELY have “S-ON”.

I hold the volume down + the power button but it doesn't boot into it!!!! help!!!
Pull the battery out before you do it OR to make things ALOT easier, before turning your EVO 3D off go into Settings ?Power? and uncheck the FastBoot option. Now when you turn the device off, it will fully power down instead of just going into a "sleep" mode. Try it again!

The easiest way to do this is to reboot or start your phone in the bootloader. Pull you battery and replace it. Hold Down the Volume Down Button while pressing the power button. Release the power button and continue holding Volume Down until the bootloader screen appears. The first line of text at the top of the BL screen should show S-ON or S-OFF. See the image below for reference.

rgins.jpg

How do I flash a ROM on my EVO 3D?

A complete list of Recovery's, ROM's, and Kernels is being maintained by arozer here. Each of the threads contains basic instructions for flashing the individual Modifications.

My EVO 3D keeps saying that there is an OTA (Over the Air Update) available, should I apply it?

Currently, the best recommendation is NO. In most cases, the OTA updates are integrated via a ROM created by a community developer. This has the benefit of having the latest HTC Sense software while still maintaining an unlocked bootloader (S-OFF) and avoiding the potential of HTC covering the exploit utilized for the S-OFF hack.

OTA Version Numbers/Changes

This is not a FULL list of changes, just the change log provided by Sprint.

Current Version: 1.13.651.7

R: 6/24/2011

This update fixes issue of calendar entries in certain formats force closing during edits

V: 1.11.651.3

Initial Release

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVO 3D Hardware FAQs

Where can I get the Windows USB Drivers for my EVO 3D?

If you haven’t installed HTC Sync, the core Windows USB drivers are available on the HTC Dev site HERE. You will not need to install HTC Sync.

HTC Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC
View attachment USB_driver_20101122_release.zip

Just got my new EVO 3D but it’s really hot!!! Is it defective?!

No it's not defective, it’s just hot. These batteries can heat up from time to time, ESPECIALLY on your first few charges, but it won't happen much anymore after. My battery was extremely hot from just charging it for the first time with the phone turned off, so I’m speaking from experience and from other users as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVO 3D Softhack/FAQ

Boost your WiMax 4G Speeds significantly

Special Thanks to AX0R for this tip!

1. Run a SpeedTest (or 3) Prior to this hack.
2. With Root Access via ADB Shell, navigate to data/misc/wimax/
3. Find the file looking similar to "######.tree.xml"
4. Pull this file via ADB Pull AND SAVE IT!!!
5. Delete the file from the data/misc/wimax/ directory
6. Reboot your phone
5. Run a few SpeedTests again and compare your results.

To reverse this hack, simply push the file you pulled for backup back to the directory and reboot your phone.

Apps and APKs

Wireless Tether v3.0-Pre10

Sprcial Instructions for Wireless Tether
Use the Desire (CDMA) Profile

Flash Image GUI by joeykrim

joeykrim has developed Flash Image GUI, for the EVO 3D which allows kernels to be properly loaded on the device w/o rebooting into a recovery. Flash Image GUI allows the user to properly flash a kernel .zip file while in Android mode. In addition, it correctly copies the WiFi module (all modules) thus eliminating the common WiFi error.

Flash Image GUI is especially helpful flashing kernels for users with the HTC unlock method as HTC blocks kernel write access while in traditional recovery mode requiring the user to fastboot boot recovery in order to gain kernel write access.

Luckily, HTC also allows kernel write access in normal android mode where the application works very well.

Full details for Flash Image GUI can be found on its home thread at http://goo.gl/sNi7V

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16129916

NetFlix - Now officially available in the Android Market for the EVO 3D

HTC Flashlight

HTC Battery Widget

Getting Your MSL

With Root
Install MSL Reader from the Android Market

Without Root
A risky but functional way to get your MSL has been described in detail HERE. An alternative YMMV way is to simply contact Sprint, tell them your phone was not activated at the store because the systems were down or because of a factory reset, etc. They will proceed to walk you through the programming. Of all the information they give you there is really only one sequence you need pay attention. The first step will be to dial a ## 6 digit number sequence # (ex: ##123456#), this 6 digit number is your MSL. SAVE THIS NUMBER, IT IS UNIQUE TO YOUR PHONE HARDWARE AND WILL NOT CHANGE.

An additional and alternate method of finding your MSL has been detailed here. Thanks go to Ranger61878 for the tip.

Increase your WWAN/WAN Connection Speed/Efficiency

A slight variation of the thread HERE this guide will guide you through removing the Poxy put in place by Sprint. Removing this proxy removes at least one or more hops in between you and your connection destination, possibly increasing your WAN connection speed via 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi. As always, use at your own risk. You will need your MSL code for this to work.

Removing the Sprint Proxy

1. With MSL in hand, go to the Phone app and dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit Mode
3. Your "Password" is your Phone's MSL, enter it here.
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)
10.Once complete, back out to the home screen and enjoy Downloads and a .20- .60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

It may not hurt to verify the settings are in place by following steps 1 through 5 again, if you're OCD. :D

Improve CDMA Call Sound Quality via a Codec Change.

A few instances of this Codec change have popped up on XDA, PPCG, and even androidforums. For this reason, I'm unable to give credit to the original source. I have gathered as much data into one place around the subject. There are a few important things to note. This adjustment changes the Codec used to compress the voices of you and your caller across the Cell Network using EVRC-B which is an updated revision to the current CDMA standard EVRC. It has been noted in a few places, that making this change CAN effect your ability to make outbound calls in some roaming situations, including over Network extenders like the AirRave. As always, YMMV and I STRONGLY recommend that you both test this change in your normal use environments as well as keep a general idea of these instructions handy in the event you need to revert to the default settings in an emergency. As always, YOU and YOU ALONE are FULLY responsible for changes to any handset in which these and any modifications are made.

2. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down the list and note the entries for EVRC-B, Home Orig, and Roam Orig.
6. Change EVRC-B to "Enable"
7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC-B"
8. Hit Menu, and select "Commit Modifications"
9. Your phone will prompt you to click ok to restart or it will restart automatically.

To reverse the changes, repeat all of the above steps except change the following.
6. Change EVRC-B to "Disable"
7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC"

Click to learn more about EVRC and EVRC-B

Wired USB Tethering, What Works?

Currently, the following Apps in the market place have been verified by our members.

EasyTether Lite
PDANet

USEFUL Resources

Contents of the EVO 3D Stock microSD Card

YouTube 3D Downloads

Any more questions? Search, SEARCH, SEARCH!

If you truly cannot find your answer, then Please Ask here.

DO NOT Create another thread in the DEV section, you will only be making matters worse. This thread is a workspace for the DEV/Test Teams to work towards making your EVO 3D experience as fun as it can be. Myself or any other members of the community will try to answer them and add them to this post. Hope this helps people.

NO ETAs!!!

Remember, S E A R C H ! :)

If you'd like to see something added to this list, please PM me. Thanks!

Special Thanks go to Shaquiel Harris for his Sensation FAQ![/FONT]

Last edited:

welrope

Mar 3, 2009
Greensboro
Update for the thread:

This was posted this morning on Facebook:

Sensation Devsposted toHTC
‎- The S-OFF patch for HTC Sensation will be released this week by Team Alpharevx. Hold tight! :) Join us for the latest updates, news and information regarding the legendary HTC Sensation! ~ Arz Bhatia (Writer)

link:
http://www.facebook.com/SensationDevs/posts/10150377325923084

this was in reply to a question on the same wall,

Sensation Devs I have GREAT news for the EVO3D users! The patch would work on the EVO3D! :D

~ Arz Bhatia (Writer)

Last edited:

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
There is something I don't understand. On the one hand, they say they are working on S-OFF and they seem to indicate it will be delivered... but then they also say that S-OFF is almost out of the question.

Which is it?

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008

‎- The S-OFF patch for HTC Sensation will be released this week by Team Alpharevx. Hold tight! :) Join us for the latest updates, news and information regarding the legendary HTC Sensation! ~ Arz Bhatia (Writer)

link:

Sensation Devs I have GREAT news for the EVO3D users! The patch would work on the EVO3D! :D

~ Arz Bhatia (Writer)

Just a screenshot of the quote for further clarification:

Capture.PNG

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
The same people also posted last week that the patch would be released on Sunday! Sunday has come and passed and still no patch. I'll believe it when I see it. I think this is a troll trying to get some FB hits or something.

arozer

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta
The same people also posted last week that the patch would be released on Sunday! Sunday has come and passed and still no patch. I'll believe it when I see it. I think this is a troll trying to get some FB hits or something.

Lol surely AlphaRev aren't trolling.
They have done some great work in the past.

el poblano

Aug 11, 2010
Phoenix

I believe he is referring to the "Sensation Devs." The group has been in existence for a sum total of twenty days- which is somewhat suspect to have such high level sources inside the dev community. Clearly this is speculation, but as the previous poster states they were the same group to claim Sunday as the release date (I haven't confirmed this) there is a bit of evidence for trolling.
20 days + Poor History = Troll alert.

Reactions: krazykeith64

wake69

Jul 20, 2010
bs
[11:30] <wake69> +alpharev: are you affiliated or talking to the guys here claiming you will have a release date of this week? http://www.facebook.com/SensationDevs/posts/10150377325923084
[11:30] <+NikonElite> ignore facebook
[11:31] <wake69> ok, so that is bs?
[11:31] <@attn1> the site is BS
[11:31] <+NikonElite> assume all is bs unless its said here or alpharev.nl

If you wonder where this chat came from, it came from irc:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=alpharevx

if you want real updates check here:
http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

Last edited:
Reactions: Serren

BlaydeX15

Jun 20, 2011
Vernal
There is something I don't understand. On the one hand, they say they are working on S-OFF and they seem to indicate it will be delivered... but then they also say that S-OFF is almost out of the question.

Which is it?

Heres a quote by the dev in question that can clear that up:

I'm a bit confused by the last part of your statement ieftm. The leaked video clearly shows the device going from S-ON to S-OFF, with the AlphaRev text at the top of the screen.

So, what do you mean when you say "S-OFF is almost out of the question"? That makes it sound like S-OFF can't be obtained.

Edit: When you mentioned S-OFF being out of the question, are you referring to HTC's solution? If so, I definitely miss-read what you wrote.

Also, thank you for your work on this, and take your time to make it perfect and fully working

Yes, I meant HTC's 'solution'.
Our solutions is both Radio S-OFF and ENG-like HBOOT.
(and therefore will also enable simunlocking, unbranding, whatever you may desire (no pun intended). )

Reactions: LiquidSolstice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was created as a central location for the most up to date and relevant information around the EVO 3D Development Scene.

Yes, if you are new to the DEV scene or are about to ask a question a very n00b question like "what is S-OFF?", "how do I...a bootloader?", "does my EVO turn into a jet and take me to x, y, or z?"...then you should be reading this. It's ok, we were all Noobs once. You can always check this more than once since I will try to update it with additional issues/solutions that your fellow members post as they become available.

Changed in this Update:
    -Renamed APKs section to "Apps and APKs"
    -Addition of Flash Image GUI to Apps and APKs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Root Status:R00T3D!
    S-OFF Status:S-OFF3D!

S-OFF has been achieved! We have our friends at unrevoked and AlphaRev to thank for their hard work in bringing this to the table!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rooting/ROM FAQs

First and foremost, I will utilize this opportunity to throw out the standard disclaimer. YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for ALL actions and modifications done to your device. Although most of the methods described on this thread and throughout the DEV community are fairly harmless, no one else can be held responsible if your device becomes a brick.

I just got my EVO 3D! I want to root it

There are a few ways to answer this question, both are detailed below. The first method utilizes a Temp Root solution provided by Team Win. This is good if you're nervous about the rooting process or if you just want to get a taste of rooting possibilities. The second (and most popular) method is a full unlocking of the phone into what is known as "S-OFF" mode, which allows previously restricted parts of the phone to be accessed allowing a user low level access.

Temp Root
    Grab the Fre3vo Temp Root solution from Fre3vo, from TheRootofallEVO or xHausx has provided a nice little Windows ADB package in Zip form for starters.
    xHausx 3DROOT v5 - View attachment 3DROOT-5.zip

Also, ausbostinmang on youtube has made a nice walkthrough video if you learn better with pictures like in the storybooks!

Full Root with S-OFF

Download Revolution from unrevoked and AlphaRev here. Follow the instructions explicitly as this solution is currently in Beta and subject to change without notice.

How Do I know if my device is S-OFF?

Ensure the device is completely powered off, the best way is to pull the battery and replace it. Boot into the bootloader to check it by holding the volume key down + pressing the power button when the device is fully powered off. Don't let go of the volume key until you boot into the white screen that you've probably never seen before. Look at the top line it will MORE THAN LIKELY have “S-ON”.

I hold the volume down + the power button but it doesn't boot into it!!!! help!!!
    Pull the battery out before you do it OR to make things ALOT easier, before turning your EVO 3D off go into Settings ?Power? and uncheck the FastBoot option. Now when you turn the device off, it will fully power down instead of just going into a "sleep" mode. Try it again!

The easiest way to do this is to reboot or start your phone in the bootloader. Pull you battery and replace it. Hold Down the Volume Down Button while pressing the power button. Release the power button and continue holding Volume Down until the bootloader screen appears. The first line of text at the top of the BL screen should show S-ON or S-OFF. See the image below for reference.

rgins.jpg

How do I flash a ROM on my EVO 3D?

A complete list of Recovery's, ROM's, and Kernels is being maintained by arozer here. Each of the threads contains basic instructions for flashing the individual Modifications.

My EVO 3D keeps saying that there is an OTA (Over the Air Update) available, should I apply it?

Currently, the best recommendation is NO. In most cases, the OTA updates are integrated via a ROM created by a community developer. This has the benefit of having the latest HTC Sense software while still maintaining an unlocked bootloader (S-OFF) and avoiding the potential of HTC covering the exploit utilized for the S-OFF hack.

OTA Version Numbers/Changes

This is not a FULL list of changes, just the change log provided by Sprint.

Current Version: 1.13.651.7

This update fixes issue of calendar entries in certain formats force closing during edits

V: 1.11.651.3

Initial Release

EVO 3D Hardware FAQs

Where can I get the Windows USB Drivers for my EVO 3D?

If you haven’t installed HTC Sync, the core Windows USB drivers are available on the HTC Dev site HERE. You will not need to install HTC Sync.

HTC Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC
    View attachment USB_driver_20101122_release.zip

Just got my new EVO 3D but it’s really hot!!! Is it defective?!

No it's not defective, it’s just hot. These batteries can heat up from time to time, ESPECIALLY on your first few charges, but it won't happen much anymore after. My battery was extremely hot from just charging it for the first time with the phone turned off, so I’m speaking from experience and from other users as well.

EVO 3D Softhack/FAQ

Boost your WiMax 4G Speeds significantly

Special Thanks to AX0R for this tip!

1. Run a SpeedTest (or 3) Prior to this hack.
    2. With Root Access via ADB Shell, navigate to data/misc/wimax/
    3. Find the file looking similar to "######.tree.xml"
    4. Pull this file via ADB Pull AND SAVE IT!!!
    5. Delete the file from the data/misc/wimax/ directory
    6. Reboot your phone
    5. Run a few SpeedTests again and compare your results.

To reverse this hack, simply push the file you pulled for backup back to the directory and reboot your phone.

Apps and APKs

Wireless Tether v3.0-Pre10

Sprcial Instructions for Wireless Tether
    Use the Desire (CDMA) Profile

Flash Image GUI by joeykrim

joeykrim has developed Flash Image GUI, for the EVO 3D which allows kernels to be properly loaded on the device w/o rebooting into a recovery. Flash Image GUI allows the user to properly flash a kernel .zip file while in Android mode. In addition, it correctly copies the WiFi module (all modules) thus eliminating the common WiFi error.

Flash Image GUI is especially helpful flashing kernels for users with the HTC unlock method as HTC blocks kernel write access while in traditional recovery mode requiring the user to fastboot boot recovery in order to gain kernel write access.

Luckily, HTC also allows kernel write access in normal android mode where the application works very well.

Full details for Flash Image GUI can be found on its home thread at http://goo.gl/sNi7V

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16129916

NetFlix - Now officially available in the Android Market for the EVO 3D

HTC Flashlight

HTC Battery Widget

Getting Your MSL

With Root
    Install MSL Reader from the Android Market

Without Root
    A risky but functional way to get your MSL has been described in detail HERE. An alternative YMMV way is to simply contact Sprint, tell them your phone was not activated at the store because the systems were down or because of a factory reset, etc. They will proceed to walk you through the programming. Of all the information they give you there is really only one sequence you need pay attention. The first step will be to dial a ## 6 digit number sequence # (ex: ##123456#), this 6 digit number is your MSL. SAVE THIS NUMBER, IT IS UNIQUE TO YOUR PHONE HARDWARE AND WILL NOT CHANGE.

An additional and alternate method of finding your MSL has been detailed here. Thanks go to Ranger61878 for the tip.

Increase your WWAN/WAN Connection Speed/Efficiency

A slight variation of the thread HERE this guide will guide you through removing the Poxy put in place by Sprint. Removing this proxy removes at least one or more hops in between you and your connection destination, possibly increasing your WAN connection speed via 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi. As always, use at your own risk. You will need your MSL code for this to work.

Removing the Sprint Proxy

2. Click Edit Mode
    4. Click Advanced
    5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
    6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
    7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
    8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
    9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)
    10.Once complete, back out to the home screen and enjoy Downloads and a .20- .60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

It may not hurt to verify the settings are in place by following steps 1 through 5 again, if you're OCD. :D

Improve CDMA Call Sound Quality via a Codec Change.

A few instances of this Codec change have popped up on XDA, PPCG, and even androidforums. For this reason, I'm unable to give credit to the original source. I have gathered as much data into one place around the subject. There are a few important things to note. This adjustment changes the Codec used to compress the voices of you and your caller across the Cell Network using EVRC-B which is an updated revision to the current CDMA standard EVRC. It has been noted in a few places, that making this change CAN effect your ability to make outbound calls in some roaming situations, including over Network extenders like the AirRave. As always, YMMV and I STRONGLY recommend that you both test this change in your normal use environments as well as keep a general idea of these instructions handy in the event you need to revert to the default settings in an emergency. As always, YOU and YOU ALONE are FULLY responsible for changes to any handset in which these and any modifications are made.

2. Click Edit Mode
    4. Click Advanced
    5. Scroll down the list and note the entries for EVRC-B, Home Orig, and Roam Orig.
    6. Change EVRC-B to "Enable"
    7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC-B"
    8. Hit Menu, and select "Commit Modifications"
    9. Your phone will prompt you to click ok to restart or it will restart automatically.

To reverse the changes, repeat all of the above steps except change the following.
    6. Change EVRC-B to "Disable"
    7. Change Home Orig and Roam Orig to "EVRC"

Click to learn more about EVRC and EVRC-B

Wired USB Tethering, What Works?

Currently, the following Apps in the market place have been verified by our members.

EasyTether Lite
    PDANet

USEFUL Resources

Contents of the EVO 3D Stock microSD Card

YouTube 3D Downloads

Any more questions? Search, SEARCH, SEARCH!

If you truly cannot find your answer, then Please Ask here.

DO NOT Create another thread in the DEV section, you will only be making matters worse. This thread is a workspace for the DEV/Test Teams to work towards making your EVO 3D experience as fun as it can be. Myself or any other members of the community will try to answer them and add them to this post. Hope this helps people.

NO ETAs!!!

Remember, S E A R C H ! :)

If you'd like to see something added to this list, please PM me. Thanks!

Special Thanks go to Shaquiel Harris for his Sensation FAQ![/FONT]
    Please only add to this post if you have information which is relevant. All other content will be removed.
    Update for the thread:

link:

~ Arz Bhatia (Writer)

I believe he is referring to the "Sensation Devs." The group has been in existence for a sum total of twenty days- which is somewhat suspect to have such high level sources inside the dev community. Clearly this is speculation, but as the previous poster states they were the same group to claim Sunday as the release date (I haven't confirmed this) there is a bit of evidence for trolling.
    20 days + Poor History = Troll alert.
    bs
    [11:30] <wake69> +alpharev: are you affiliated or talking to the guys here claiming you will have a release date of this week? http://www.facebook.com/SensationDevs/posts/10150377325923084
    [11:30] <+NikonElite> ignore facebook
    [11:31] <wake69> ok, so that is bs?
    [11:31] <@attn1> the site is BS
    [11:31] <+NikonElite> assume all is bs unless its said here or alpharev.nl

If you wonder where this chat came from, it came from irc:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=alpharevx

if you want real updates check here:
    http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/