samsung galaxy y root

Search This thread

ascop038

Sep 11, 2011
You must have an update.zip file, I use an update.zip file for samsung GT-S5770 with little bit modify. Copy that into your sd card, turn off your phone, go into recovery mode. Choose apply update from sdcard then choose update.zip file with volume down button, and press home key to choose it . wait until progress done, your phone will automatic restart. browse your phone menu, if there is a program "super user" then your samsung galaxy y was succesfuly rooted. (sorry if my English was so bad :) ) and please don't forget give a thank's :)

Last edited:

jundo_9x97

Oct 27, 2011
You must have an update.zip file, I use an update.zip file for samsung GT-S5770 with little bit modify. Copy that into your sd card, turn off your phone, go into recovery mode. Choose apply update from sdcard then choose update.zip file with volume down button, and press home key to choose it . wait until progress done, your phone will automatic restart. browse your phone menu, if there is a program "super user" then your samsung galaxy y was succesfuly rooted. (sorry if my English was so bad :) ) and please don't forget give a thank's :)

Where can i find an update.zip file? And what does little bit modify mean? i'm very bad at english.

Last edited:

ascop038

Sep 11, 2011
this is method I've do to "modify"
- download the "update.zip" file for galaxy GT-S5770 ( I'm downloaded from here htt*://w*w.mediafire.c*m/?gakbyi443e8p4gz)
- unzip those file then you can find two folders "system" and "META-INF"
- open folder META-INF >com>google>android, you'll find two files
- open file "updater-script" with notepad
- find this script
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5770" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5770" ||

change with this one
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5360" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5360" ||

- save the file
- compress all file again with "update.zip" name
- finish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I give attachment which contain update.zip file

copy it to your root mmc then boot into recovery mode (hold power, volume up, home button together) then chooses apply update.zip from sdcard

Reboot your phone, voila... its rooted now :)
    this is method I've do to "modify"
    - download the "update.zip" file for galaxy GT-S5770 ( I'm downloaded from here htt*://w*w.mediafire.c*m/?gakbyi443e8p4gz)
    - unzip those file then you can find two folders "system" and "META-INF"
    - open folder META-INF >com>google>android, you'll find two files
    - open file "updater-script" with notepad
    - find this script
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5770" ||
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5770" ||

change with this one
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5360" ||
    getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-S5360" ||

- save the file
    - compress all file again with "update.zip" name
    - finish
    Rooting for samsung galaxy y GT S5360

Listen download the update.zip file from the
    below link
    downloads.androidadvices.com/s/update.zip
    You can download the file on the phone itself..!! or also possible on pc..!!!
    (pls let me knw if the link is broken)
    once downloaded, place the zip file in the OnSD card of your phone
    WARNING: do not rename the file..!! !!
    Kk once this is done.. Switch off your phone
    WARNING: make sure that ur phone battery is sufficiently charged..!!!!!

Once switchd off.. Boot the phone into recovery mode..
    Im showing how to boot into recovery mode for Samsung galaxy Y only..!!!
    1. When the phone is switchd off, press and hold the VOLUME UP KEY and CENTRE KEY together
    2. holding these together, press and hold the power key and ur phone wil boot in recovery mode..!!! (ultimately u are in a situation where u are pressing 3 keys together to boot into recovery mode)

Once u are in the recovry mode, select UPDATE FROM SD CARD opt.
    NOTE: ur touch will not work In recovery mode.. Navigate up and down using VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN KEYS and selection using CENTRE KEY..
    Once u select that option, locate and select the update.zip file in ur sd card..
    When selectd, the update will start.. It may take 5 to 10 minutes to update..

ull get the update complete.message..

Then again from recovery mode menu, select reboot device..
    Your device will reboot ROM mode.. That is ur normal boot..

If ur device is successfully rooted. U will see the superuser app in the menu list..!!!

Thats all...!!!

If u liked my guidance, pls suscribe..!!!!
    everyone in this thread should vote for s5360 here so we could have our own forum :D