[Rom] Official Inc OTA 4.08.605.2 [Updated:23Nov2011]

Search This thread

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
What is the purpose of wiping everything 2-3 times?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

There is no purpose behind it. If you wipe once, anything extra is ocd. Selecting the same option to wipe multiple times will have no difference than if you wipe once. Thus, format data/factory reset, format boot, and format system once apiece are all you need to do.

mushat3k

Mar 12, 2012
Cleveland
There is no purpose behind it. If you wipe once, anything extra is ocd. Selecting the same option to wipe multiple times will have no difference than if you wipe once. Thus, format data/factory reset, format boot, and format system once apiece are all you need to do.

Thanks, I figured as much, I have flashed probably 15 different roms and was wondering if I missed something along the way, guess not!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
I still use this rom (custom to the way I like it with much of the bloatware removed) as a daily.

Can anyone tell me if there are any themes that have been made for a sense gingerbread rom like this?

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
I still use this rom (custom to the way I like it with much of the bloatware removed) as a daily.

Can anyone tell me if there are any themes that have been made for a sense gingerbread rom like this?

I think you might talk to SynisterWolf. That is a themeing fool right there. Surely he has something.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
Are you talking about the warm theme? It was kind of greenish...

Idk, I liked that theme. Ran it forever on my incredible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stang. I've long since moved on from this phone, but I want to put it back to stock rooted. Just as a wifi device for music and games foe the kids. 3.0 is just too slow. Is this the Rom that I want?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Stang. I've long since moved on from this phone, but I want to put it back to stock rooted. Just as a wifi device for music and games foe the kids. 3.0 is just too slow. Is this the Rom that I want?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I've moved on to the Rez as well, lol. But yea bud, if your looking for the last official 'stable' OTA for the Inc, this is it. It might be a bit heavy though for a wifi only rom wouldn't it?

Reactions: silverxbv2

silverxbv2

Jun 28, 2010
I've moved on to the Rez as well, lol. But yea bud, if your looking for the last official 'stable' OTA for the Inc, this is it. It might be a bit heavy though for a wifi only rom wouldn't it?

Yeah. I guess I could try cm7 or something too. I haven't looked at inc stuff since I got the rez. I'll run this for a bit first. Thanks bro

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Reactions: wildstang83

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Yea there was the green theme and a blue one. Tried both was kinda like bleh...

Not sure why so many have made blue themes for a phone with red accents. I mean the phone is just crying out for a red theme. lol.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Yea Stang I wasn't kidding when I said I go with a red theme for this phone...

snap20120430_180121.png

silverxbv2

Jun 28, 2010
Stang. I decided to reactivate my inc for my son. This Rom is just what I needed. Thanks brother.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    device-2011-11-16-070050.png

Release Notes:
    This Rom is the Official OTA for the HTC Droid Incredible (OG)
    All bugs from the previous OTA appear to be fixed now. This build did not require any intervention on my part. I just had to build it :)

Specs:
    OTA Ver: 4.08.605.2
    Android Ver: 2.3.4
    Sense Ver: 1.0
    Baseband: 2.15.10.07.07
    Kernel: 2.6.35.13-g03546aahtc-kernel@and18-2 #1 Fri Oct7 10:52:52 CST 2011

Other Specs:
    Rooted
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    init.d support: Devs, just drop your scripts in and go.
    data/app support

Disclaimer: Although I have tested the rom and have found it to be stable, the risk is still in your hands. Use extreme caution when flashing this Rom.

Installation Instructions
    NOTE: I use CWMR 5X. Some wipe options below are not included in earlier recovery versions. Still wipe what is available the best you can.
    1. Put the Rom on the root of your SD Card
    2. Compare MD5 Sum
    Windows: MD5 Calculator
    LINUX: Open Terminal and type: md5sum [path to the rom on your sd card]
    Mac: Open a terminal and type: md5 [path to the rom on your sd card]
    3. Reboot to Recovery
    4. Wipe these:
    Main Screen:
    wipe data/factory reset - x2
    wipe cache partition - x2

Advanced:
    Wipe Dalvik Cache - x3
    Wipe Battery Stats - optional

Mounts and Storage:
    Format-
    /boot - x2
    /system - x2
    /datadata - x2
    /data - x2
    /cache - x2
    5. Install Rom from SD Card by going back and selecting install from SD card.
    6. Reboot and enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE FULL ROM. THIS GETS FLASHED IN CLOCKWORK RECOVERY JUST LIKE OTHER ROMS. NOT IN HBOOT.
    Downloads
    Want to know what has changed since our last OTA? Well thats easy. Just click HERE
    Release notes for wildstang83_inc_4.08.605.2_11232011 HERE
    Download wildstang83_inc_4.08.605.2_11232011
    Download the DTR HERE

Themes
    Note: These themes will overwrite some mods!
    WARM RLS3 - Credits to Myn and incubus26jc
    Download HERE
    To see this theme click HERE

OTA-Inc Blue Theme - Credits to MicroMod777
    Link to download HERE
    Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

Flashable Mods
    All mods in this section are flashable through cwm recovery.
    zoomyMod Whats it do? It controls the screenlight properly in the dark. Good for those that don't like the blinding light at night. Credits to zoomy942
    Optical Joystick wake/unlock - This mod allows you to wake your screen and then unlock your phone by clicking the OJ button
    1% Battery Mod
    device-2011-11-17-192929.png

Mik Honeycomb Percentage Battery Mod
    mik_hc.png

Screenshot Activator - Allows you to take screenshots hassle free natively

Kernels
    2.6.35.13wildstang83 - This is my kernel compiled from source just for this Rom
    Stock Kernel - This is the stock kernel that came in the Rom originally
    For a little bit more info, look HERE.
    FOR SOURCE CHECKERS
    Kernel sources can be found on HTC Dev. Currently neither kernel listed here has been modified beyond their original specifications.

Change Log:
    23Nov2011
    Fixed the build.prop issue and init.d support issues. See the release notes for more detail.

22Nov2011
    Rebased off of the official RUU

16Nov2011
    Initial and most likely only update(from me anyway)

This following section is real dear to me. This means that someone liked my work so much that you guys decided to donate to me. I want to honor that with a list of everyone who has donated so far. If I missed you please PM me because I know there is a couple of you but I couldn't trace you back. Thanks guys!
    Donators:
    ptgay49
    gadzooks64
    Flamingice1668
    Quantify
    M. Wooley
    M. Torbik
    N. Sylvia
    K. Murphy
    M. Sheta
    T. Sykes
    L. Lang
    J. McNelly
    All looks good, I am uploading right now. I'll put up some release notes when I post the Rom.
    Here's a Transparent 5 column Rosie that I did from the original OTA.

Flash from recovery to install!

OTA-Inc-Rosie-5colum-trans.zip
    Just added that Optical Joystick wake/unlock mod to the op in the flashables section. I don't remember who made it or where I got it from. So whoever originally made the mod thank you.:)
    New ota 6.08.605.2

Here you go guys the new OTA ENJOY! :) (DO NOT FLASH)

http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.08.605.2-4.06.605.3_release_222219.zip

Just got the update pushed to me a minute ago.