[GAME / MUSIC / DRUMMING] FLOW - A Space Drum Saga

Search This thread
Sep 30, 2012
spaceware.3x6.de
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to tell you about my new awesome drumming game, FLOW - A Space Drum Saga. Unlike comparable games, where you just have to hit colored buttons when they reach the bottom of your screen, you really have to feel the rhythm to play the drums and master the game.

If you are talented or musical experienced you can take right off. If not the game might be a little hard in the beginning. Practise for a few games and play with headphones, the reward is twelve unique levels full of style, pathos and fun, and possibly the most incredible gaming experience for a long time. And you will learn to drum. Seriously.

Just give it a try, and tell me what you think. You can download it for free in the Play Store.

I would love to provide some screenshots but my account is too new :/

youtube.com/watch?v=d1-EV33lSYU

Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy my little masterpiece ^^
peace out

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 30, 2012
spaceware.3x6.de
UPDATE

Hey, thanks for your replies, everybody, I'm glad you like the game! :D

aha, reminds me of Patapon.
All you guys seem to think that ;). Must be the minimalistic graphics, altough those of Patapon are way better. This and drumming is the only thing they might have in common.
However, I think FLOW is Patapon on steroids and has a much more intense and very different gameplay.

Perhaps make it more beat/battle game like patapon?
I am planning to add a few more levels, maybe I can implement something like that. But it won't be like Patapon, FLOW is supposed to be unique.

This is a great game. should have more downloads!
Thanks! Yeah, I don't get the Google Play Store. FLOW is ranked pretty badly although it has only good ratings. I guess too many people uninstall the game, because they can't win the first level, or maybe because I don't sell the app. I tried my best to make FLOW popular, but all the game mags and press guys I contacted ignored me or asked for money to write a review. Screw them, xda-dev is much better, and that's why you will get exclusive insights instead of them. ;)

As soon as my other project is done I will start to work on the next FLOW update. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Those are a few things I want to add, but not everything will be part of the next update.

Noob difficulty:
Too many people fail. So the noob difficulty has to get easier. Maybe I will add visual beat indicators like in guitar hero to help beginners get started. This is something I really didn't want to implement, but noobs might need it. At the moment only the first four levels can be played on noob difficulty, the update changes it to the whole game, but the Special Drums will remain hard to be played.

Multiplayer:
Challenging each other online would be damn cool, right? I've got some ideas...

New Levels:
The story of FLOW will be continued. But I won't spoil anything yet.

Level editor:
It would be pretty awesome if everybody could create custom levels for FLOW and share them on the web. This is a LOT of work, and probably won't be part of the next update. But it will come. :fingers-crossed:

I will keep you up-to-date about the progress.

Reactions: keijjoo

Matias.s

Jun 30, 2012
although google play says that can be installed, the app isn't working on samsung galaxy ace.

i try the google play version and the apk from other source.

says "not instaled" when you try to install.

it's for arm v7?

southernknight

Jun 2, 2012
Singapore
although google play says that can be installed, the app isn't working on samsung galaxy ace.

it's for arm v7?

Nope this is also for armv6. I have a galaxy ace ands it is working perfectly.

This is sent from the moon using a 100gbps connection:p

Sep 30, 2012
spaceware.3x6.de

it's for arm v7?

Darren is right. It's supposed to work on your phone. Requirements are SDK 8 (Android 2.2) and above. I have played it on a Galaxy Ace myself some time ago, so this is really weird. Does this happen with other apps too? Do you have enough space on your device? Maybe try a reboot... Sorry, but this is all I can help you with at the moment.:confused:

=========================

I have made a public benchmark of FLOW I want to share with you guys:
pastehtml.com/view/cf2osimmc.html (sorry, still no links yet :/)

And the Winner is the good old Galaxy S II, thanks to the smaller screen resolution it beats the bigger S III at FLOW...
If your game is running slow, you should turn off some of the graphics settings, like antialiasing. This can help A LOT.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2012
spaceware.3x6.de
I am really enjoying the game on both a galaxy s3 and my nexus 7. I find that it can be a little jittery at times on both devices and I'm hoping that the next update smooths out the overall gameplay.

Actually it should run quite smooth on a galaxy s3. Maybe there are some background processes of other apps that start now and then and lower the performance of the game at times. You can try to use a task killer to shut down all your apps and then launch FLOW.

If this doesn't help or is too uncomfortable, you can turn off some of the graphics settings. Turning off Anti Aliasing improves the performance by 10 - 20%. If you turn off all the graphic settings the game will run up to three times faster, depending on device and level.

Reactions: Doktaphex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody,

I just wanted to tell you about my new awesome drumming game, FLOW - A Space Drum Saga. Unlike comparable games, where you just have to hit colored buttons when they reach the bottom of your screen, you really have to feel the rhythm to play the drums and master the game.

If you are talented or musical experienced you can take right off. If not the game might be a little hard in the beginning. Practise for a few games and play with headphones, the reward is twelve unique levels full of style, pathos and fun, and possibly the most incredible gaming experience for a long time. And you will learn to drum. Seriously.

Just give it a try, and tell me what you think. You can download it for free in the Play Store.

I would love to provide some screenshots but my account is too new :/

youtube.com/watch?v=d1-EV33lSYU

Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy my little masterpiece ^^
    peace out
    aha, reminds me of Patapon.
    i'll be sure to give this a try.
    'good job,Dude!:good:
    Download it for free at the Play Store:
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spaceware.monkey.flow

or use google for alternate providers.

Sorry, can't post links yet.

Wow dude. Nice game. Tested it for 2 days and i like it. Perhaps make it more beat/battle game like patapon?

Sent from your backyard...
    Slender watches what you do...
    When I remember, I will download this onto my Galaxy Player and give it a shot!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium