[Q] HTC One Bootlooping after Google Edition ARHD 6.0 installation

Search This thread

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
At this time I am pretty much hopeless... Seriously, nothing works, but if a miracle happens and I get my HTC One back to life it will be thanks to you guys.

So... This is my story:

Today I was using my HTC One M7_UL like any other day, I had Android OneDroid BETA 15 (a CyanogenMod with a few tweaks) installed and I got bored of it, so I decided to flash a Google Edition ROM. Came to the forum and looked for the thread with most replies on "Custom Android HTC One ROMs" and found the winner of the Google Edition ones, the ARHD 6.0 Google Edition. Fine, I thought, let's flash this mod@fuc%#. So I started by downloading the latest version (roughly 550 MB) and connecting my HTC One to my Windows 8.1 Pro computer. The HTC drivers don't work with my 8.1 Pro Windows but since I only needed it to send the .zip file to my Internal Storage I gave it a shot. Copied everything, disconnected and proceeded to my recovery (TWRP) where I Wiped it up and flashed ARHD 6.0 GE. After installing, still on the recovery, restored the phone to factory presets and rebooted it. A Google logo appeared and some Nexus-like balls started to spin, some weird sh%t. Until there, everything absolutely fine, but it stood there with the balls spinning for 3~4 minutes and I thought it was normal because it was the first boot after flashing the new ROM. Got to Language Settings on the Android Welcome screen but then it quickly turned black and reeboted. HTC Logo appeared for roughly 1 second and it got black and rebooted again, this time starting back up but when I got to the Language setup it would do the same thing, over and over again.
So I started looking into it and didn't find many answers, then I decided to try and flash another Google Edition ROM, SkyDragon, but as I am a COMPLETE NOOB in this rooting and wobbly wobbly thingies I had no idea how I would get the .zip file to the Internal Storage, since the HTC One HAS NO SD CARD!!! I researched a bit and found sth called ADB Sideloading, which I am certain you know what it is, but the thing is, since my computer doesn't quite work with HTC Drivers I had to use my sister's PC, with Windows 7 and HTC One All-in-One kit. I could access my bootloader and recovery despite of the bootloop, which I think is a good thing, so I put it to fastboot mode, connected the cable to her computer and on the phone it changed from "fastboot" in red to "fastboot usb" in red also, so I thought, oh ok, it will work now. But when I tried ADB commands or tried any of the commands on the All-in-One thing it would just say "NO DEVICES FOUND" or something among those lines.
Anyway, if someone got this far I already thank you for trying to help but I am pretty certain I got a bricked device. I don't even now what to do, should I try to ADB Sideload this other ROM or should I try a Sense ROM, cuz I read somewhere that Google Edition ROMs only work when migrating from Sense ROMs, and if I am supposed to flash a Sense ROM how would I do so? Please try to be as simple as possible, I don't know much and I am pretty noob, anyways, thank you so much, and I hope you can help me!

(Also, before this bootloop it was S-OFF and now it shows as S-ON)

Waiting for a response,
John B.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
You need TWRP 2.6.33 or newer.

You need to be S-Off.

You need to have wiped cache and dalvik and probably a full format (except sdcard) wouldn't go amiss before installing. It sounds to me like it wasn't wiped properly.

The device doesn't S-On on its own, you probably did it with the toolkit or something.

ADB doesn't work in fastboot mode, fastboot mode is for fastboot command, such as flashing recovery.

Are you still unlocked?

Give us the output of
fastboot getvar all
Without IMEI and Serial Number.

Reactions: Jvov

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com

You need to be S-Off.

You need to have wiped cache and dalvik and probably a full format (except sdcard) wouldn't go amiss before installing. It sounds to me like it wasn't wiped properly.

The device doesn't S-On on its own, you probably did it with the toolkit or something.

ADB doesn't work in fastboot mode, fastboot mode is for fastboot command, such as flashing recovery.

Are you still unlocked?

Give us the output of
fastboot getvar all

Yeah I am unlocked and untempered.

Here is my fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4309mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.077s

And I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that before all of this it was S-OFF, ABSOLUTELY!

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com

You need to be S-Off.

Are you still unlocked?

Give us the output of
fastboot getvar all

Also my TWRP is 2.6.3.3 so I should be good about that right?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Also my TWRP is 2.6.3.3 so I should be good about that right?

Yes, but as far as I know, you need to be S-Off for GPE KitKat ROMs.

Do you really have no version-main?

If your hboot is 1.44 and dated prior to June, you should be able to use revone to S-Off, but you'll need a booting ROM of Android 4.2.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need to be S-Off.

Are you still unlocked?

Give us the output of
    fastboot getvar all
    Also don't do a reset after flashing the rom. It will boot loop every time.

Bat cave One