[App] Lights Off

Search This thread

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
I can amuse myself silly until I topple over dead with that stupid game. So I'm making my own version. In special LCD dotmatrix Tron style. Or something.

screen.jpg

(Uses accent color. Text animations like old LCD devices.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OjR5JgTAx0

Last edited:

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
Almost done. Needs a little more code polish and I need to make a quite bunch of 5x5 levels. Then I'll submit it. Hopefully as Silverlight application, it doesn't have to go through that silly XBL peer review.

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
It's submitted. Should be online any time, unless they find the most impossible bugs again.

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
Thanks for the support guys.

One of the next days I'm going to update it. Add more preset levels (it's kinda hard to make some that don't look entirely random, I don't get how the iPhone one has like 250 of them) and put a LED Banner mode into it for ****s'n'giggles.

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
Bought it. I suck at this kind of game, but maybe with practice i'll figure it out. Plus hey, I thought i'd support someone making apps for my phone.

Really nice application. Would be nice to have some extra options (as useless as they may sound). Some light sound effects, an option to either change the colors or to continue to have it match the user's theme color. Also, I find the screen glare effect a bit distracting, maybe an option to turn that off too.

Oh! And run under lock screen would be great too.

Oh, and while I love the tile itself, it looks rather low-res, and the slight white border doesn't really match any of the other tiles on the phone.

Just FYI: Might come off as it sounds like i'm complaining, i'm not, just making suggestions. I appreciate your work and you've done a great job thus far.

Last edited:

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
Does it lose any information, or why should it run under the lockscreen? The current behavior is that it saves its state and returns to it as it was, bypassing the start animation and all. If the app was left more than five minutes ago, it goes back to the start screen. It saves the current mode, move count and grid layout tho, simply hitting Start again should get you where left off. I figure I could bump that timeout a little higher, tho.

As far as the icon border goes, I did that because on dark themes, the dark background kinda didn't make it stand out on the home screen grid. I figure I have to think of something else.