[APP] LocationAware v0.3, PCBuddy {14th April 2010}

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
Location Aware is an automatic volume profile switcher.
This application works out of the data received from GSM signals.(NO CDMA)
so almost all windows mobile devices can use it.I developed it on my elf and it seems it is working:eek: ;)
Requires GSM network, Windows Mobile ;), .Net CF 3.5

1. Battery Friendly, No active background process.
2. No GPS needed.
3. User configurable interval to check for location.
4. Can save settings automatically v0.3

Well it works like this: (May change per version)
1. Install it.

2. Open the Location Aware(from programs)

3. When ever you start the app it will vibrate the device 2 times and then asks "Add this Location".

4. Click OK and it prompts to save the volume level for this location and save.

5. Adjust the volume level as you desire from the Slider on right hand side of screen.

6. Then goto Menu and Save Location Mode, this should save the setting for this location(Prompt will be displayed).

7. Now you can let the application run itself every X mins to check for new location and prompt you whenever a new location is found.

8. To set the interval time goto Menu -> "Stopped" this should open up a panel to enter the interval time, fill it and click set. "Stopped" should be changed to "Running". Now you can Exit.

9. If prompt is not dismissed or OKayed within 1 min(Automode). It dismisses itself and will prompt again if new location is found after next X mins.

10. The limit for interval is 2-60 mins, that means the app will run itself after every X mins and check for location, if a new location is found it vibrates
and then asks you to save this location or not, in case you dont respond to it, it will close itself after 1 min.
and in case the location was already saved it will automatically apply the volume profile.

Basically as you keep on using it the database keeps on growing and in parallel profile settings gets more customized.

PS: You may notice that the taskbar volume indicator is not changed, but that is normal. The volume setting is still applied as per your choice this issue is fixed in v0.3

V0.2
1. No alert popup will be displayed to inform select n save the location.
2. Save the location mode directly by clicking the volume level image.

v0.3
1. Reflect the volume level changes in the taskbar volume icon
2. New mode added "AutoSave", enabling it makes the app save new location automatically with the last volume preference, whenever a new location is found.

PS. AutoSave mode works in Scheduled mode, if you have set the app to run after a scheduled interval with autosave mode enabled and it detects a new location it will prompt a message-box, if you don't give it a response i.e ignore it, it will add the location automatically after 1 min and will dismiss itself.

for users of previous versions:
It will use the already existing database of location settings, just install it over the previous version.

PCBuddy
This app is used to plot all the collected points by the location aware app on google maps.
Unzip the files and then copy the locations.db file from your device to the same folder on your system. Once the file has been copied Run CreateMap.exe this should generate a html file in the same folder. Run that and see for yourself ;)

Please replace the dll in PCBuddy with the one in 64Bit.zip in case you are using a 64Bit Windows

Suggested setting:
For the first time I suggest to keep the interval at around 5 mins so that it can grab almost all the desired locations. once you feel it is having settings for your daily use u may turn the interval to a higher(suggested 15 mins) so that it can apply the volume settings for the known locations.

SUPPORT LATE NIGHTS- DONATE!

Attachments

• Entry.jpg
    Entry.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 770
  • confirmation.jpg
    confirmation.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 806
  • pressed.jpg
    pressed.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 830
  • LAPCBuddy.zip
    444.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 64Bit.zip
    491.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Vesperial

Aug 3, 2009
Paris
Great idea !

By using GSM signal to get your position you avoid to use the gps which take more time to get position + a little battery consumption.

We certainly can find a lot of functions linked to this automatic profile/location system

I will try your app ;)

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Great idea !

By using GSM signal to get your position you avoid to use the gps which take more time to get position + a little battery consumption.

We certainly can find a lot of functions linked to this automatic profile/location system

I will try your app ;)

Thanks Vesperial, hope it works out fine:eek:

diboze

Jun 2, 2009
it is a nice idea

but as a nice addon it would be cool, if it would be possible to add names for specific cell id locations and if the app would be a today plugin :)

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
it is a nice idea

but as a nice addon it would be cool, if it would be possible to add names for specific cell id locations and if the app would be a today plugin :)

thanks diboze,

well your ideas are nice but since i want to keep the user inputs to minimum i went on this way and about making it a today plugin...hmm i m not sure how to do that with a C# app:eek:

but suggestions are always welcome:D

djyosnow

Feb 21, 2006
Great Concept!!!!

Just saw your P.S. that the volume icon will not change accordingly...but it works as intended. (Please Fix) Is there a radius on the set locations? I work across the street from our main mall, is why I ask.

I love this concept as I saw the other O.S. had a similar app. (Sweet Dreams)

~PLUR~ Peace Love Unity Respect

~DJyoSNOW~

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Just saw your P.S. that the volume icon will not change accordingly...but it works as intended. (Please Fix) Is there a radius on the set locations? I work across the street from our main mall, is why I ask.

I love this concept as I saw the other O.S. had a similar app. (Sweet Dreams)

~PLUR~ Peace Love Unity Respect

~DJyoSNOW~

Hi djyosnow,

understood your concerns about the radius thing but thaz not in myhands as that thing is dependent on lot of factors like, your disance from tower, signal strength etc. But still you may experiment if you get new location alert in case you are at your office.

n yes this is really nice ~PLUR~ :)
Peace Love Unity Respect

devya

Sep 18, 2008
Singapore
Very good application, specially like me who travel a lot from office to client to mall and to our factory :D :)

I will give my comment after i use it...

Vesperial

Aug 3, 2009
Paris
Re mohitsapru,

i tested your app on my HD, it worked well ;)

I have one suggestion to ease the way we can use it, an option like 'Save the actual sound profile automatically when a new unknown position is found'
Then we can move without thinking about it but it will be good as an enabled/disabled option.

Good job !

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Re mohitsapru,

i tested your app on my HD, it worked well ;)

I have one suggestion to ease the way we can use it, an option like 'Save the actual sound profile automatically when a new unknown position is found'
Then we can move without thinking about it but it will be good as an enabled/disabled option.

Good job !

Thanks Vesperial,
well about your suggestion it sounds good. right now it is dismissing it after 1 min i need to save the location automatically.. hmm sounds OK... will do it next time. ;)

Thanks,
Mohit

ahlok_hk

Jan 6, 2006
Does this app able to detect the change of location if the device switched off(suspended) by power button?

For example:
1. Save volume setting at location A and location B
2. At location A, press power button to turn off the device
3. Move the device from location A to location B
4. Will the volume be changed automatically (without turning on the device) at location B?

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Does this app able to detect the change of location if the device switched off(suspended) by power button?

For example:
1. Save volume setting at location A and location B
2. At location A, press power button to turn off the device
3. Move the device from location A to location B
4. Will the volume be changed automatically (without turning on the device) at location B?

Yes, it does. But dont forget to exit whenever you save a location setting

Dtrieb

Mar 28, 2008
@home
mobil.schlapa.net
I have run it on my Samsung I900 Omnia and i think it works perfect.

But here some ideas:

• It would be great if you can add 2 or more cells to 1 location (Because i have here to cells at home, and if I use UMTS 3G i had another one)
  • If you write the cell id a little bit greater.
  • And expert mode were you add name for cells (i see this wish earlier here, too), and can add more things.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
I have run it on my Samsung I900 Omnia and i think it works perfect.

But here some ideas:

• It would be great if you can add 2 or more cells to 1 location (Because i have here to cells at home, and if I use UMTS 3G i had another one)
  • If you write the cell id a little bit greater.
  • And expert mode were you add name for cells (i see this wish earlier here, too), and can add more things.

Hi Dtrieb,

Thanks for trying it out.
Well i will think about the other two options/suggestions but i am not able to get what you meant by the first suggestion:( Which 2 cells are you referring to?