[FIXED] MicroSD Mounter for XOOM HC 3.2 ROOT Users (Read/Write!)

Search This thread

ekarelis

Jan 6, 2011
Severna Park
All,

Created a quick app to re-mount the microSD card as read/write for rooted Motorola XOOM Honeycomb 3.2 users. This app simply dismounts and remounts the microSD card in its "stock" location as read/write. Optionally, you can also add a mount point to /sdcard/external (which is friendlier for some apps).

I hope this helps some people out, I know I like it. ;)

APK Download V0.1b
** FIXED Force Close when /sdcard/external folder doesn't exist **

BTW: I don't have enough posts to put this in development, where it belongs. Mods - Feel free to move this thread as appropriate.

edit: This app is still under development, use of this app is at your own risk. The app will forcefully dismount/remount the sdcard, so any active access to the sdcard is affected, and under extreme cases can result in data loss.

I'm adding a lot more error checking, validation to minimize any chances of data loss. Also, I'm working on hot-swap sdcard support, remount-on-boot support, and a widget to easily get sdcard status.

Last edited:

jase33

Jul 29, 2010
- /
Installed and granted su permission. App force closes immediately on launch. I'm using rooted stock 3.2 on US wifi only Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom

Last edited:

jase33

Jul 29, 2010
- /
Tried new version. Says its mounted in the app but can't write to SD.

Sent from my Xoom

andylhchen

Nov 8, 2008
This is exactly what I've been looking for.
Thanks so much for enabling my apps to run normal again :)

edit if boot on startup option added would be awesome

Last edited:

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
I dont know what this whole mess is about read/write but read/write works perfectly without any of this.

Worked since I put 3.2 on my device.

ekarelis

Jan 6, 2011
Severna Park
If you use root explorer, you can read/write to the sdcard no problem with HC 3.2, but if you try as a normal user, you can read-only. So apps can't store data on the sdcard.

Reactions: andylhchen

andylhchen

Nov 8, 2008
All,

Created a quick app to re-mount the microSD card as read/write for rooted Motorola XOOM Honeycomb 3.2 users. This app simply dismounts and remounts the microSD card in its "stock" location as read/write. Optionally, you can also add a mount point to /sdcard/external (which is friendlier for some apps).

APK Download V0.1b

BTW: I don't have enough posts to put this in development, where it belongs. Mods - Feel free to move this thread as appropriate.?

edit: This app is still under development, use of this app is at your own risk. The app will forcefully dismount/remount the sdcard, so any active access to the sdcard is affected, and under extreme cases can result in data loss.

I'm adding a lot more error checking, validation to minimize any chances of data loss. Also, I'm working on hot-swap sdcard support, remount-on-boot support, and a widget to easily get sdcard status.

How's autoboot coming? Eagerly awaiting still

mrcoolgli

Jul 9, 2009
Is this just for root on the external SD card or for giving root to the built in 32 gig storage? I am hoping this will be an easy way to root my xoom and de-root it for use with videos from the Google market. Sorry if my question is dumb or obvious.

champers

Feb 6, 2010
This doesn't root any part of your Xoom. It is an app for Android 3.2 users that unmounts their read only SD card (stupid default mode) and remounts it in read/write mode - requiring root to do so already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

APK Download V0.1b

BTW: I don't have enough posts to put this in development, where it belongs. Mods - Feel free to move this thread as appropriate.

Hi,

Not directly related to microsd but i cannot create folder in the internal SD memory storage using windows explorer. Explorer can delete and copy files over and folders over but not directly create a folder in the SD storage space.

Is this suppose to be normal. I have rooted with Tiamat 2.1.

Thanks for the help!

Lawrence
    You are right, your comment doesn't really belong in this thread.

If you read the release notes for the Hammerhead 2.1 rom, you will see that they removed the usb mass storage capability as it added too much complexity. That means that you cannot use the Xoom as a mass storage drive for your pc (you can't do what you are trying to do).

This may be resolved in future roms, I guess. I think you can use Root Explorer to make a new folder though, within the Xoom itself.
    Reserved for future use.
    If you use root explorer, you can read/write to the sdcard no problem with HC 3.2, but if you try as a normal user, you can read-only. So apps can't store data on the sdcard.