[Q] original At&t pta apn settings

Search This thread

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
could anyone with original shipped ROM post original AT&T APN steting on the VIVID that is named PTA

just in case any one is wondering why do i need this is because i just flashed a custom ROM on my VIVID and it does not connect to LTE and i know it s probably an apn setting issue

Last edited:

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
m4XS.jpg
VsJP.jpg

There 'ya go! (From my soon-to-be-rooted Vivid)

After putting that in, does LTE work? I'm curious to see...

l2otten

Apr 7, 2006
I've used those strings and nothing works on my vivid except the same apn setting for my old HTC inspire
My vivid is rooted and I am running he ICS
But with those settings trying to use apps that use the internet like Facebook or myyearbook I get unexpected errors wont let me viewpeoples profiles

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I've used those strings and nothing works on my vivid except the same apn setting for my old HTC inspire
My vivid is rooted and I am running he ICS
But with those settings trying to use apps that use the internet like Facebook or myyearbook I get unexpected errors wont let me viewpeoples profiles

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

You need an LTE compatible sim to connect to PTA APN.

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
m4XS.jpg
VsJP.jpg

I couldn't, for the life of me, get LTE data connection or use visual voicemail until I saw a post in another thread suggesting the PTA APN, so I searched and your post came up. Same phone as me too! Thanks a lot. Visual Voicemail now works AND I am getting LTE data instead of 3g!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

m4XS.jpg
VsJP.jpg

H-holy CRRRAAAAAAAAP.

So, I ran a new speed test at mobilespeedtest to replace the test I ran with my SGS almost two years ago, and it was insane. But what gets me the most is that I decided to run the test through my desktop browser too, at the 7MB test.

My Vivid's LTE connection was FASTER than my desktop connection. I have a 25mbit/s connection for my server, with absolutely no data being transferred beyond the speed test, with a 1gbit/s connection between all of the machines connected to my router.

Desktop Results: 10256Kbps (Approx. 10mbit)
LTE Results: 11940Kbps (Approx. 11.6mbit)
Pre-PTA APN Results: 3925Kbps (Approx. 3.8mbit)

Thanks again for PTA APN settings!

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I couldn't, for the life of me, get LTE data connection or use visual voicemail until I saw a post in another thread suggesting the PTA APN, so I searched and your post came up. Same phone as me too! Thanks a lot. Visual Voicemail now works AND I am getting LTE data instead of 3g!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

H-holy CRRRAAAAAAAAP.

So, I ran a new speed test at mobilespeedtest to replace the test I ran with my SGS almost two years ago, and it was insane. But what gets me the most is that I decided to run the test through my desktop browser too, at the 7MB test.

My Vivid's LTE connection was FASTER than my desktop connection. I have a 25mbit/s connection for my server, with absolutely no data being transferred beyond the speed test, with a 1gbit/s connection between all of the machines connected to my router.

Desktop Results: 10256Kbps (Approx. 10mbit)
LTE Results: 11940Kbps (Approx. 11.6mbit)
Pre-PTA APN Results: 3925Kbps (Approx. 3.8mbit)

Thanks again for PTA APN settings!

Yeah...I get like 23MB down and 8MB up according to speedtest....only ran it once cause I'm on the 200mb plan and each test takes at least 20mb I think...my desktop got an average of 18mb down on speedtest and 3mb up

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

melax1

Nov 4, 2011
for me 3.0 update or fresh install kicked out the APN even with a full wipe. But making a new APN thanks JEANRIVERA above data is back fine and this 3.0 for me is much fastier over 2.4 . thank you, very nice indeed update..

EmericanX

Dec 20, 2011
Prince George, VA
Big thanks!.. I've been playing around with a couple VZW phones on AT&T(Droid DNA and Droid Razr HD).. I could pickup H on the DNA but no better then Edge on the HD. That was until I plugged in the Apn configuration from the OP!.. Almost instantly switched over to H+. While its not VZW LTE speeds honestly I'm perfectly content. For some reason LTE speeds haven't been the same in my area since that nationwide drop out a few months back.. The best I get on any of my devices is a 6-8meg down. Thanks again!!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m4XS.jpg
    VsJP.jpg

could anyone with original shipped ROM post original AT&T APN steting on the VIVID that is named PTA

just in case any one is wondering why do i need this is because i just flashed a custom ROM on my VIVID and it does not connect to LTE and i know it s probably an apn setting issue