• Imma stick to my PC/Console

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

salvasaur

Jul 26, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 7 Pro
Just thought I'd jump in and clarify the launch date thing.

Kickstarter backers are still getting their consoles next month. As it was always planned. Next, the people who pre-ordered through OUYA's website up until Feb 4th will get theirs next month. These two shipments can be considered sort of a soft launch. Then come June, everyone else can buy one. And those who pre-ordered through Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop will get their consoles too. This is (obviously) the hard release.

YeledKaki

Dec 4, 2012
Nice concept, but the specs could've been better. Or is it like an "entry level console"? Not too shabby though, not too shabby....

Last edited:

Sharshoor

Dec 28, 2012
The OP needs to change the heading from ICS to JB! :)

No one from ouya team to confirm for 4.1JB so far , any way ICS also big start the most important that its open source so we will not end in S....T, like dream multimedia (Dreambox DVB) when they close it, I ordered one with extra control ,may be in june will be in hand to start :cool:

salvasaur

Jul 26, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 7 Pro

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
No one from ouya team to confirm for 4.1JB so far , any way ICS also big start the most important that its in open source so we will not end in S....T, like dream multimedia (Dreambox DVB) when they close it, I ordered one with extra control ,may be in june will be in hand to start :cool:

This is what happens in forum when people. make a statement as if it is fact, OUYA is indeed shipplng with 4.1 and it was annouced in October. So people please check your facts before posting.

Morton_X

Dec 11, 2018
Guys, I want to ask you which gaming console you suggest me to buy? I choose between Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS XL. According to this post the last one compared to the previous models, battery life hasn’t significantly improved, offering 3.5 to 6 hours of gameplay without charging.
An AC adapter is not included in the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b_215_200_16777215_0___images_stories_hardware_ouya_Ouya-Android-gaming-console-1.jpg

For those of you that haven't heard, Android Gaming is taking on a new face... an actual CONSOLE, that's right folks, your very on console, here are the specs and the back story behind this amazing creation:

Ouya-Android-gaming-console.jpg

OUYA began as a project concept like many, but has quickly set itself aside from any other project that may have been like it. In the course of 8 hours, OUYA has raised 1 million dollars as a new Kickstarter Project, and this is not even including the other 29 days left for funding (people must really wanna see this come to pass). Here is why its so great (SPEC CHECK):

- Tegra3 quad-core processor
    - 1GB RAM
    - 8GB of internal flash storage
    - HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
    - WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    - Bluetooth LE 4.0
    - USB 2.0 (one)
    - Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
    - Shipped Android 4.1

Pretty impressive right?Due to the unexpected increase in funding, we could very well see an increase in that internal flash storage, maybe even an expandable memory slot, who knows. But all of that Tegra 3 quad core, ice cream sandwich, 8 Gig goodness is not even the best part! This console has been rumored to hit a TV near you one day for a mere $99. That's right, you could Enjoy all your favorites, whether you're a shooter addict and have a taste for some alien slaying in N.O.V.A. 3, or maybe you like to feel the virtual wind in your hair in a nice race in Real Racing 2, and for you people that love to serve your country, shoot a couple of spies in Modern Combat 3, all for less than the price equivalent of 2 new Xbox 360 games. Not to mention, with Android's recent participation in Major League Gaming, this could set the bar on a new plateau. The (virtual gaming) world is your oyster, and these are just the hard core games, the sky is the limit with compatibility due to it running our favorite sweet treat OS version.

Want to check out a video from the developers themselves, check it out HERE

And for all you developers and hackers, this is your call to fame! the console is (and I quote from the people that made it) "hackable". read this quote from Mobile Magazine:

Perhaps the even bigger kicker is that there is an open SDK where they promise to provide digitally-delivered titles for free. I imagine the marketplace will start with a handful of freeware titles and free-to-try games, but it has to open up to paid games eventually.

So any and all (LEGITIMATE!!!! NO PIRACY IS CONDONED, but then again, that's Android's major loophole with the whole Open Source thing) hacking and modding is welcomed, say goodbye to JTAG-ing or jumping through hoops to make your console your own (you paid for it so you should be able to do any LEGITIMATE, cant stress that enough, modifications you want! get the message Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo?).

So, you could spend $400 on a Galaxy Tab, or even $200 for the Nexus 7 for HDMI output, OR you can pay $100 for a console that (due to the vigorous nature of the Android Community) will inevitably get full access to the Google Play Store for you to play your favorite games (and maybe apps, don't quote me on that though) on your 1080p HD screen. BUT I'm just the messenger droid, the real magic is happening behind the scenes and hopefully we can get some awesom updates! Stay on the lookout for this project, and keep on gaming!

Thanks for reading guys,

Wanna read MORE? check out these stories about OUYA

MOBILE MAG ARTICLE
    GAMESPOT ARTICLE
    KICKSTARTER ARTICLE
    DROID GAMERS ARTICLE

Credits Go to ognimnella for typing this out (Im too Lazy and Busy to do it LOL, Keep in Mind, i did ask him :p)

Are you buying one? Comment below!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE I !!!​

Onlive Available on The Ouya at Launch

The Android console Ouya has signed a deal with cloud gaming service OnLive, meaning hundreds of games from over 80 publishers will be available when the console is eventually released next March.

UK boss of OnLive Bruce Grove said, "When OnLive first heard about OUYA, we were excited to see console gaming becoming more available and open. Like OUYA, we came to gaming with a new vision for making top-quality gaming accessible to more people, and we continue to look for ways to expand on that vision.

"OUYA is rethinking the console business, making waves by using standard technology to make gaming for your living room accessible, affordable and more innovative than ever. In OnLive's case, we pioneered a groundbreaking, cloud-based system that instantly delivers games to any device on demand."

image-141147-full.jpg

Design Still in Progress

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE II !!!​

Square Enix has announced it will release Final Fantasy III as a launch title for the Ouya console in March 2013.

In a statement translated by Square Portal, the company promised that they will also be providing more content in the future.

Final Fantasy III originally released on the NES back in 1990 and became the first Final Fantasy title to sell over a million copies, but has since had a 2006 remake for the DS. It seems this is the version Ouya owners will be getting as this was ported for Android devices last month, which is the operating system that the upcoming console will use
    You're totally right. The only things I think are: "is this device any different than the vast majority of devices out there?" and "won't this device be just one more vaporware project?". This are the $99 questions.

Think about it, I can give sprint $200 for the EVO 4G LTE, plus pay $8 a month for insurance because I may haphazardly break my phone to the point of no return and need it to be replaced because sprint doesn't support root-related actions even tho HTC kind of does, be stuck with it for two years, have to pay another $10 for HDMI out and only have all of 3 hours of play because HDMI uses the charger port, or I can pay $100 for ALL of that plus unlimited play and hacking and modding allowed and provided by the developers. I can take 2 years of the money I gave to sprint and time I gave to them, and buy 3 of these lmao

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
    sure, its a great idea and of course im gonna buy one of these, but you cant say that it is much cheaper then a ps3
    because, look back in end of 2010, desire hd was release (acualy i got one of these) and know, shadowguns isnt running so good on my phone that i would like to.
    and this is the problem, phone-hardware is developed so fast, you cant even play a year with that device (except on onlive, cuz its only streaming). so a year after you need to buy ouya II or what ever. a ps3 lasts for more then 4 years and thats where the ouya is more expensive ;)

but ill give it a try and we'll see what the future will bring ;) maybe a port to other devices of the ouya android rom? would be great for sure ;)
    Lol sorry for that, this was pretty old and I thought the thread died so I just left it. I'll update as soon as possible now that I see people are still interested.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using xda premium