[THE] Make a Rhodium/HTCTouchPro2 MyMobiler Skin

Search This thread

salucsam

Oct 22, 2008
Poitiers
Hi all :)

(Excuse me for my very bad english, I'm french :eek:)

I would like to have a skin for MyMobiler, which looks like Rhodium devices.

I have tried the Diamond skin, but it didn't match for the screen, because the resolution is different (640x480 for the Diamond and 800x480 for Rhodiums)
The Diamond skin is available here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=466565

I think you can easily adapt this Diamond skin for Rhodium resolution values (400x800px).

I don't know how to do this, so if someone would be able to make one, it will be a very good thing for all MyMobiler users who have a Rhodium !

Thanks ! :)

Sam

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi all :)

(Excuse me for my very bad english, I'm french :eek:)

I would like to have a skin for MyMobiler, which looks like Rhodium devices.

I have tried the Diamond skin, but it didn't match for the screen, because the resolution is different (640x480 for the Diamond and 800x480 for Rhodiums)

I think you can easily adapt this Diamond skin for Rhodium resolution values (400x800px).

I don't know how to do this, so if someone would be able to make one, it will be a very good thing for all MyMobiler users who have a Rhodium !

Thanks ! :)

Sam

Hi salucsam,

give me a little bit time and it is reday for the TP2. I never know that it is possible for the TP2. But i have changed some things in MyMobiler. I have a very nice grafic for that (link).

Last edited:

salucsam

Oct 22, 2008
Poitiers
Waouw Nice skin indeed ! I've download it immediately.
Well, I think you know MyMobiler software, so if you can do a skin for MyMobiler as beautiful as the skin you made for Manila, its gona be perfect ^^ Take all the time you need ! ;)

Sam.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Waouw Nice skin indeed ! I've download it immediately.
Well, I think you know MyMobiler software, so if you can do a skin for MyMobiler as beautiful as the skin you made for Manila, its gona be perfect ^^ Take all the time you need ! ;)

Sam.

Hi salucsam,

it is ready for 80%. But i have one problem. About the grafic is
a BMP file the background i have is white and i cant make it
transparent. Ok i have one more idea but i must test it.

At least the 4 little control button. But this i a case of time :).
I love the hacking and modding stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
It is ready. A little bit quick and dirty. At this time only the background
and the zoom factor to 70%. You can change the factor in the xml file.

So be my guest and test it please....

Last edited:

salucsam

Oct 22, 2008
Poitiers
Very good ! But.. Not perfect, as you will see on the screenshot I have take :

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=842663screenshot01.jpg

Now, you just have to find a solution to have a background which is at 800x400px and not 640x480 like it is on this first skin you made (the white you see under. The screen is not complete)
And to find a solution for the white corners that you can see around the application. Look on my screenshot..
I really don't know xml code, so I can't help you for this -_-

Thanks, and good luck ;)

Sam

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi salucsam,

look at my screenshot. It is perfect.
And here the code from the XML file:

<form
position="0 0 480 800"
backgroundimage="tp2d.bmp"
clipcolor="FF00FF">

<control
id="200"
text="MobileView"
position="44 130 480 800"
zoom="70">
</control>
</form>

As you see it is 480x800 portrait mode.
I don't know whats happend on yor system.
Please check the xml file. You can open it
with the notepad or gvim.

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Ok, its good for me now

Hi Sam, good to hear that it is working now.

As you see, the problem is those 4 black corners around the picture...I can only color them in black or white.
Do you know how to clear it ? I want them transparent, invisible.

The grafic is a BMP file. So there is no transparence possible. I can't change it to a PNG format because MyMobiler doesn't knows the format yet. Possible you can ask the author on http://www.mymobiler.com/.

spawnpr

Apr 23, 2009
Awesome, I love this app, nice job!! still need some improvements.

I think MyMobilier need to be updated, with more skins and more functionality, but its great like is, specially WIFI

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 62

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
Hi Sam, good to hear that it is working now.

The grafic is a BMP file. So there is no transparence possible. I can't change it to a PNG format because MyMobiler doesn't knows the format yet. Possible you can ask the author on http://www.mymobiler.com/.

I think there is a way to get transparencies with a bmp file using an added Alpha layer to the original .bmp.
Ive been trying to get this skin to work but i can't even get it to show, any pointers?, as i can't work on the transparency if i cant test it!!
There is also a thread over on HD2 skinning my mobiler
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=618050

EDIT got it to show! working on tranparency with Gimp!

Last edited:

iridium21

Jul 15, 2009
Lancashire
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I've only just noticed this thread!

I made a TP2 skin myself for MyMobiler a few weeks ago and I can tell you that MyMobiler has a bug that means the corners show when you use any other zoom level than 100% - the 'magic BMP colour' doesn't work at different levels. But, at 100% zoom, the bottom of the phone is cut off :(

I've tried e-mailing the MyMobiler author about these bugs a couple of times but he's never bothered to reply :(

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
I've only just noticed this thread!

I made a TP2 skin myself for MyMobiler a few weeks ago and I can tell you that MyMobiler has a bug that means the corners show when you use any other zoom level than 100% - the 'magic BMP colour' doesn't work at different levels. But, at 100% zoom, the bottom of the phone is cut off :(

I've tried e-mailing the MyMobiler author about these bugs a couple of times but he's never bothered to reply :(

Hi iridium, i was tried what i said above both in ginp and photoshop and although i can get the bmp to show transparent i can't get it to work on mymobiler, i have studied the HD2 thread on this and the touch pro and diamond threads, all the phone images seem to use this pinkish colour..what is this "magic colour" you speak of??! i have read what you have said about the bug and zoom etc, i am just interested to know as i spent a whole evening trying to work this one out!!!:eek:

iridium21

Jul 15, 2009
Lancashire
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi iridium, i was tried what i said above both in ginp and photoshop and although i can get the bmp to show transparent i can't get it to work on mymobiler, i have studied the HD2 thread on this and the touch pro and diamond threads, all the phone images seem to use this pinkish colour..what is this "magic colour" you speak of??! i have read what you have said about the bug and zoom etc, i am just interested to know as i spent a whole evening trying to work this one out!!!:eek:

Yeah, I spent a while on this too :eek:

If you have a look at defaultskin.xml, you'll see
Code:
clipcolor="FF00FF"
which is a kind of pink colour - this is the BMP colour that is treated as transparent and that's why the phone skins have that colour background in the corners. The only problem is, is that MyMobiler only shows the FF00FF colour code as transparent when it's at 100% zoom :( Drop down to 75% or 50% and the corners show.

Hope this explains what I've found out, please let me know if you find any more info?

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
Yeah, I spent a while on this too :eek:

If you have a look at defaultskin.xml, you'll see
Code:
clipcolor="FF00FF"
which is a kind of pink colour - this is the BMP colour that is treated as transparent and that's why the phone skins have that colour background in the corners. The only problem is, is that MyMobiler only shows the FF00FF colour code as transparent when it's at 100% zoom :( Drop down to 75% or 50% and the corners show.

Hope this explains what I've found out, please let me know if you find any more info?

Thanks for bringing me up to speed! ive just been testing the other skins as well and i now understand the same problem is for all, so unless you have a very tall screen it will always be the case.
I don't know about Xml but is there not a work around that we can trick the program into thinking it is displaying at 100% when it is displaying at 70? i'm guessing that would be 2 easy!!

slimcane

Dec 17, 2007
Winchester, VA
My TP2/Rhodium Skin

I played around with this to get a skin to work. I am still having trouble with the start menu hard key, but the other buttons seem to work.

To get this skin to work, follow these steps:

1) Unzip the attached file to "\Program Files\My Mobile\MyMobiler\Skin\" directory. (It will extract to its own folder)
2) Edit the "\Program Files\My Mobile\MyMobiler\mymobiler.ini" and change the line for
Code:
SkinFile=Skin\DefaultSkin.xml
to read
Code:
SkinFile=Skin\TP2\skin.xml

Attachments

• TP2ScreenShot.jpg
    TP2ScreenShot.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
  • TP2.zip
    137.5 KB · Views: 63

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
I played around with this to get a skin to work. I am still having trouble with the start menu hard key, but the other buttons seem to work.

To get this skin to work, follow these steps:

1) Unzip the attached file to "\Program Files\My Mobile\MyMobiler\Skin\" directory. (It will extract to its own folder)
2) Edit the "\Program Files\My Mobile\MyMobiler\mymobiler.ini" and change the line for
Code:
SkinFile=Skin\DefaultSkin.xml
to read
Code:
SkinFile=Skin\TP2\skin.xml

Thanks man! I just tried it out, and it works almost perfect :)

First, I also had to change the line below that in the options:
"Showskin=0" to "Showskin=1"...Once I did that, the skin loaded fine.

There's just one small glitch, as it looks like the image has shifted "up" in the frame...it's cut off a bit at the top, and leaves a band showing down at the bottom (I'm including a screenshot to demonstrate). Hiding the toolbar improves it a bit obviously, but there's still a bit cutoff at the top.

Zoom works great though, no "squares" in any of the ratios I've tried :D

The "call" and "end" hardware buttons work just fine too...but the "home" and "back" buttons don't seem to respond.

I don't know if any of the issues are related to the fact I'm running a T-mobile TP2 instead of an unbranded or AT&T model like in this skin.

Anyway, thanks again for the effort, just wanted to give you some feedback from the field ;)

Last edited:

slimcane

Dec 17, 2007
Winchester, VA
Thanks man! I just tried it out, and it works almost perfect :)

First, I also had to change the line below that in the options:
"Showskin=0" to "Showskin=1"...Once I did that, the skin loaded fine.

There's just one small glitch, as it looks like the image has shifted "up" in the frame...it's cut off a bit at the top, and leaves a band showing down at the bottom (I'm including a screenshot to demonstrate). Hiding the toolbar improves it a bit obviously, but there's still a bit cutoff at the top.

Zoom works great though, no "squares" in any of the ratios I've tried :D

The "call" and "end" hardware buttons work just fine too...but the "home" and "back" buttons don't seem to respond.

I don't know if any of the issues are related to the fact I'm running a T-mobile TP2 instead of an unbranded or AT&T model like in this skin.

Anyway, thanks again for the effort, just wanted to give you some feedback from the field ;)

Two questions really quick:

1) Which version of MyMobiler are you using? (mine is 1.25 Build 00122.0205.46)

2) Have you tried activating the skin through "View" -> "Show Skin"? Doing it this way turns off the toolbar completely leaving just the skin.

Thanks for the feedback!