Galaxy Note 3 Verizon Developer Edition is COMING SOON according to samsung

Are you buying Developer Edition Note 3?

• Buying no matter how long wait is

Votes: 76 40.0%
  • Not Buying

Votes: 66 34.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 48 25.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well registering my note 3 today and noticed that the have a slot for the Note 3 Verizon developer edition Coming Soon! Here is a screen shot for proof

1381578_642821512424907_581000002_n.jpg

not sure about what i should do now

droidrev71

Sep 18, 2010
Quad cities, Illinois
Well registering my note 3 today and noticed that the have a slot for the Note 3 Verizon developer edition Coming Soon! Here is a screen shot for proof

1381578_642821512424907_581000002_n.jpg

not sure about what i should do now

Beat me to the post!.. lmao you got this up quick!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Are there going to be any developers that will jump on this and make it worth getting?

Reactions: oneandroidnut

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Beat me to the post!.. lmao you got this up quick!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Are there going to be any developers that will jump on this and make it worth getting?
dont know i really could use this thing with only root and be happy so we will see. have 14 days to decide what to do

Reactions: LillieBennett

GherkinSavorus

Jun 8, 2012
I'm not familiar with these. Is it generally possible to get a developer edition as an upgrade (subsidized price) or are these full price only?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

keynith

I'm not familiar with these. Is it generally possible to get a developer edition as an upgrade (subsidized price) or are these full price only?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

No full price is usually it. Just sell your n3 online and pay the difference is what im gunna do

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Reactions: GherkinSavorus

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
I'm waiting for 14 days if root is not realize by then, I'm returning it and I'm waiting for the developer edition . Always been the plan but now it cemented it even more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3 things.

1. you have to understand that every other samsung device they made a developer edition for had been publicly unlocked by the xda community before they even started selling the dev editions. in which case we probably f'd over samsung pretty hard. considering no one bought them. id assume that is the reason for the limited amount of these. and doing a back order will show how many people are actually interested in the developer device.

basically we did it to ourselves by unlocking the s3/note2 so quickly they probably lost a decent amount of $ that way.

2. assuming the way the developer edition is made it probably has an efuse blown that signals it being a developer device. so ota's shouldnt break it(lock). but to be safe i wouldnt take ota's from verizon themselves i would only take updates through kies and make sure its for our model not the retail model.

i will personally go over each ota and find the safest way to update and will release stock roots odex/deodex and the needed firmware files that need to be flashed. i will also pull every partition on our device and make our own stock tar just in case.

3. let the fun begin my device has shipped and is scheduled to be here tomorrow
    if flashing any of the current roms and using twrp u need to flash this after or u will be kicked to download mode

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291676094

the boot image in the deodex and hyperdrive didnt have the dtb.img in it so it wouldnt boot this is the reason i didnt tell anyone about twrp working i wanted to get the boot.img fixed first
    Just got mine as well ;) gonna rest for a cpl hours n get going on ****

Sent from my SCH-I545 running cm 10.2
    just a little food for thought!!! http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48583799&postcount=54

almost got all the DE bootchain working in odin soon we shall have pretty close to a full recovery tar for the dev edition including bootloaders :D :victory::laugh::good::cool:

also who was the guy who flashed non dev edition firmware on his dev edition? i know he is bricked would he be willing to maybe let me borrow the device to try and fix it/work on this some more?
    I think I'll wait and see how things turn out. Like it was said before, they haven't made that big of an impact because with an unlocked bootloader you can flash stuff, and that's good for you, but unless everyone else on the regular gn3 get a workaround, there's no point.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 3

the whole think is that everyone should be buying the dev edition not the stock one.. personally im waiting on the dev edition there is no way this thing is gonna be unlocked like the s3/note2 was. the best that will happen for the retail version is root and safestrap and thats "IF" @Hashcode wants to support another device with SS

ps im f5'ing this page til its available http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N900VMKEVZW