Android P update

Search This thread

mattgoldey

Apr 30, 2013
Nokia 6.1 Update zip link
https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../1879f071d6ca7ca72fb1a750f045c3cdf00ff4dc.zip

Because it's not designed for sideload.
Rename it to PL2-3260-0-00WW-B01-update.zip
Place it to root directory of internal storage and dial *#*#874#*#*

This worked perfectly. Thank you again! :good:

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

To those testing the OTA .zip - Which model are you attempting the update on? I should be trying it on my TA-1050 later.

It worked on my TA-1045 just now.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford

Don Serrot

Nov 24, 2012
https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../1879f071d6ca7ca72fb1a750f045c3cdf00ff4dc.zip

I think I must be doing something wrong. With my TA-1045 connected to my computer I put the renamed file into "Internal shared storage" and dialed that number. I saw my contacts refresh after doing that so I know something happened, but I still don't have an update.

EDIT: I rebooted the phone and immediately had a cloud notification saying I had an update available. It's updating right now.

Last edited:

anryl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2007
prague
POCO M3
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thanks IT works TA-1050

Screenshot_20181031-184106.jpg

Last edited:

EricH7001

Mar 2, 2018
I think I must be doing something wrong. With my TA-1045 connected to my computer I put the renamed file into "Internal shared storage" and dialed that number. I saw my contacts refresh after doing that so I know something happened, but I still don't have an update.

EDIT: I rebooted the phone and immediately had a cloud notification saying I had an update available. It's updating right now.

Check your file name, probably its that the problem.

chris023r

Aug 11, 2016
I used to have NOKIA 6. In that device, with Android 8.1, there was a feature where you could use your SD card as internal storage.

The NOKIA 6.1, with Android 8.1, didn't have tha feature. After a little search, I found out that this feature was missing due to TREBLE.
I think, I read somewhere that this feature will be back in Android 9.

Can someone, that has updated to Android 9, confirm if that feature is actually back or not?

JurreTas

Mar 23, 2017
I used to have NOKIA 6. In that device, with Android 8.1, there was a feature where you could use your SD card as internal storage.

The NOKIA 6.1, with Android 8.1, didn't have tha feature. After a little search, I found out that this feature was missing due to TREBLE.
I think, I read somewhere that this feature will be back in Android 9.

Can someone, that has updated to Android 9, confirm if that feature is actually back or not?
Nope

D-Mi

Oct 26, 2017
It happens in my case too...but doesn't seems to bother me much.
Regarding battery drain i'm not so sure...it still gives me roughly a full day on a single charge..
Btw i too have ta-1089 model.
That doesn't bother me either but it feels like battery is draining a bit faster than Oreo that's what I am concerned about and thinking if there's something wrong with the adaptive battery, is it even working, as they said it will take time adapt according to your usage let's see what happens it's been only a day.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Camera good enough to use as a daily driver on this now?
Not much but now it captures more details if only flash is on it focuses well but without flash it's all blurry and washed out not a huge improvement, just a bit. But in Nokia 5.1 plus stock camera works a lot better like it can be used as a daily driver, it has a different camera version 89. Something. And I tried that version as well but the results were just same in Nokia 6.1 and now the Google camera doesn't work on Nokia 6.1 after Pie update, it won't open.

D-Mi

Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't bother me either but it feels like battery is draining a bit faster than Oreo that's what I am concerned about and thinking if there's something wrong with the adaptive battery, is it even working, as they said it will take time adapt according to your usage let's see what happens it's been only a day.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Not much but now it captures more details if only flash is on it focuses well but without flash it's all blurry and washed out not a huge improvement, just a bit. But in Nokia 5.1 plus stock camera works a lot better like it can be used as a daily driver, it has a different camera version 89. Something. And I tried that version as well but the results were just same in Nokia 6.1 and now the Google camera doesn't work on Nokia 6.1 after Pie update, it won't open.

Edit: I had gcam v6.1 (cstark mod) for Oreo after the update it won't work obviously I tried another port for Pie from cstark only it didn't work either but found this one to be working, *arnova's mod gcam v6.1 stable for OP6.*

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78016850&postcount=3383

Last edited:
Got Pie TA-1050 Australia

Thanks mate, Worked like a charm. Did not need to input USSD code, just restarted the phone, once downloaded and renamed .zip
& the update notification popped up. Thanks for the download link. TA-1050 Australia

vanugenth

Mar 18, 2010
Timisoara
First boot took a little bit longer. Worked on my TA-1050. The interface is a bit large although I have set it from display options to small.

vanugenth

Mar 18, 2010
Timisoara
I also noticed that the searchboxes in launcher and settings are not round. Did anyone else noticed anything strange?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

does any1 get "need 2 set overlay for config_enableautopowermodes" when entering restricted app list in battery settings
    It happens in my case too...but doesn't seems to bother me much.
    Regarding battery drain i'm not so sure...it still gives me roughly a full day on a single charge..
    Btw i too have ta-1089 model.

Camera good enough to use as a daily driver on this now?
    To those who are getting the OTA - Please try and and pull it from the servers and share for other users to potentially install on their respective devices if you have the know-how.
    So if you have the ntool, you can flash Android Pie?