{GUIDE} Root Desire S hboot 2.00.0002 android 2.3.5 the easy way

Search This thread

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ok this is my FIRST guide so give me credit plus if you need things simplified down just ask.

::::NOTE:::: I will NOT be held responsible if you brick or damage your phone in ANY way. Please do this at your OWN RISK. This DID work on my HTC DESIRE S running android 2.3.5 WITH hboot 2.00.0002 S-ON unlocked bootloader with htcdev

Ok now thats out of the way here we go

please make sure a sd card is inserted for this to work, sim card is optional but recommended

ok first thing you wanna do is download super one click v2.2 (i have attached the setup file)

once you have it extract it somewhere easy to find

make sure you dont have htc sync installed if you do uninstall it

connect your phone in charge only and make sure USB Debugging is enabled

run super one click

make sure the drop down box to the right says AUTO underneath the exploit title

click the big ROOT button and sit down and enjoy a coffee :)

after a while you should see

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00017118

[*] Scooting ...

[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...

[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x10

[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000171e0

[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x401219c4 0x0054

[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...

[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd26019 0xafd39ef7

[*] Popping 24 more zerglings

[*] Sending 173 zerglings ...

[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !

[+] Killing ADB and restarting as root... enjoy!

once you see that your phone is rooted and you can begin overclocking the CPU or tweaking the rom

Hope this helps and if you have questions just ask!!!!

update: thanks to jack_R1 for this info
AFAIK from other forums, when you unlock the phone with HTC Unlock tool, it will NOT accept boot.img (kernel) from recovery, ONLY by fastboot command. So, if you root, flash custom recovery and flash another ROM - you'll have to extract boot.img from that ROM and flash it manually through fastboot. No more automatic ROM flashing from recovery.
This is the price for using the unlock tool.

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 53,554
Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
My time is spent fine combing posts for bait if you know what I mean ;-).

I thought that at first, but then I saw he said it was done on a HTC Desire S, but I'm more or less now looking at the fact that maybe it was batch posted on numerous forums to collect the "thanks", and he simply collected information on the latest official HTC Desire S sense build and added that to his post to make it "relevant" to our forum ;-).

Also I might add, I don't think it's a very good idea recommending people who can barely root their devices, to instantly start overclocking, its going to lead to more threads of people finding their phones frying or worse.

"Baby steps" are the best thing, post-root of a device, and literally, baby steps.

Well spotted zeekiz.... missed that one :eek:, wrong forum possibly?:confused:

Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Lets put this in perspective.

Me: I don't think.

You: I had hero I had it permanently.

Personal opinions, person experiences.

/argument.

once you see that your phone is rooted and you can begin overclocking the CPU, tweaking the rom or install a custom OS like mine TronicRom v2

That's a little different to how your interpreting it, but also different to how I am. I'm going with the extremity, with the idea to protect the users who don't know about the risks involved.

funtamental question for me is if it is for Desire S or not. He doesn't persuade anybody to overclock. He says - after flashing HBOOT you can do whatever you want. Btw. when I had Hero I had it permanently overclocked. I found his safe limit and that's it. When I overclocked it too much it just froze...

hmmmm... I guessf rom your point of view all XDA dev part of forum is dangerous... n00bs should go home I stick to their Nokias 3120. I dont want to be rude, but lets wait for dtronics answers. There is even a notice it could be dangerous to proceed. I believe all noobs out there will think twice if they go on or not.

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Sigh, you've lost my point completely. Enjoy your tangent brother.

hmmmm... I guessf rom your point of view all XDA dev part of forum is dangerous... n00bs should go home I stick to their Nokias 3120. I dont want to be rude, but lets wait for dtronics answers. There is even a notice it could be dangerous to proceed. I believe all noobs out there will think twice if they go on or not.

Emmure

Apr 17, 2011
Zurich City
Anyone who can confirm Desire S unlockable with HTCdev? Can't find it on the supported devices list. Can't try myself, since I don't have a spare device with HBOOT 2.00.0002.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

charlespalmer

Jun 5, 2008
word for me - Desire S - HBOOT 2.00.0002

Hi,

just to say this worked for me.
I unlocked the bootloader using HTCDEV then ran SuperOneClick as detailed here. It ran through as described & installed busybox/SU. Means i can now reinstall Titanium Backup & get rid of the stock junk i don't use/want.
This on an HTC Desire S with HBoot 2.00.0002

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok this is my FIRST guide so give me credit plus if you need things simplified down just ask.

::::NOTE:::: I will NOT be held responsible if you brick or damage your phone in ANY way. Please do this at your OWN RISK. This DID work on my HTC DESIRE S running android 2.3.5 WITH hboot 2.00.0002 S-ON unlocked bootloader with htcdev

Ok now thats out of the way here we go

please make sure a sd card is inserted for this to work, sim card is optional but recommended

ok first thing you wanna do is download super one click v2.2 (i have attached the setup file)

once you have it extract it somewhere easy to find

make sure you dont have htc sync installed if you do uninstall it

connect your phone in charge only and make sure USB Debugging is enabled

run super one click

make sure the drop down box to the right says AUTO underneath the exploit title

click the big ROOT button and sit down and enjoy a coffee :)

after a while you should see

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00017118

[*] Scooting ...

[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x10

[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000171e0

[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x401219c4 0x0054

[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...

[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd26019 0xafd39ef7

[*] Popping 24 more zerglings

[*] Sending 173 zerglings ...

[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !

[+] Killing ADB and restarting as root... enjoy!

once you see that your phone is rooted and you can begin overclocking the CPU or tweaking the rom

Hope this helps and if you have questions just ask!!!!

update: thanks to jack_R1 for this info
    AFAIK from other forums, when you unlock the phone with HTC Unlock tool, it will NOT accept boot.img (kernel) from recovery, ONLY by fastboot command. So, if you root, flash custom recovery and flash another ROM - you'll have to extract boot.img from that ROM and flash it manually through fastboot. No more automatic ROM flashing from recovery.
    This is the price for using the unlock tool.
    Great post ..

But telling people to install a custom operating system, e.g. a HTC Desire (not HTC Desire S) ROM seems like it could be more trouble then its worth ;-).

Well spotted zeekiz.... missed that one :eek:, wrong forum possibly?:confused:
    Great post ..

But telling people to install a custom operating system, e.g. a HTC Desire (not HTC Desire S) ROM seems like it could be more trouble then its worth ;-).
    that could be a fault with the rom did you format everything except the sd card in the partitions menu for clockwork recovery