Apex Launcher and nav bar...

Search This thread

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Three dots keep coming and going in my nav bar (refer screenie)

Aesthetically it's not pleasing, plus the first time it appeared I thought it was there to stay - so I removed dock and used nav bar for all shortcuts, and you know it - the bloody thing disappeared!?

So I was effectively locked out of the launcher... Now the frickin thing is back again!!??

How to remove/disable it??

T.I.A

On CM11 4.4.4, latest Apex Launcher...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ©

Attachments

• 1404464949364.jpg
    1404464949364.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 168

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com

Aesthetically it's not pleasing, plus the first time it appeared I thought it was there to stay - so I removed dock and used nav bar for all shortcuts, and you know it - the bloody thing disappeared!?

So I was effectively locked out of the launcher... Now the frickin thing is back again!!??

T.I.A

Try nova...

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina

T.I.A

Those three dots are the menu. It pops up in certain apps that have no other menu option. It can be disabled in most custom roms, but not the launcher.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Those three dots are the menu. It pops up in certain apps that have no other menu option. It can be disabled in most custom roms, but not the launcher.

Yup, go to settings and find your navbar settings. You should have full control over the menu button (the 3 dots)

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
@ all... I am aware that they are for Apex menu, that's why I disabled dock so I could use dots and nav bar for menu navigation... CM11 as far as I can tell doesn't allow nav bar tweaking. Ever since CM went legit their roms have been a lot less feature packed, my old ideos on CM7 had more options than their latest and greatest. Also, the fact it comes and goes is the problem. 4.4.4 bug w/ Apex maybe...

Sent from my Z10 Warbird

Last edited:

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
@ all... I am aware that they are for Apex menu, that's why I disabled dock so I could use dots and nav bar for menu navigation... CM11 as far as I can tell doesn't allow nav bar tweaking. Ever since CM went legit their roms have been a lot less feature packed, my old ideos on CM7 had more options than their latest and greatest. Also, the fact it comes and goes is the problem. 4.4.4 bug w/ Apex maybe...

Sent from my Z10 Warbird

On my tablet certain apps use the menu (three dots) … XDA, Amazon, Movie Fone, GoodReads, etc. I have not used CM on my Gpad, but on my Asus Tablet CM11 does have Nav Bar customizations. On my Gpad I use Slimkat and it allows you to turn off the menu.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
:5laps-head: found buttons...

If I enable menu autohide, it'll be gone for a whole then come back!?

I've disabled it so we'll see what functionality I lose and whether it comes back again... Remember I don't mind seeing it in app, but when Launcher is only app open - I'd like it to am-scray

Update: with auto hide it still reappears!? If I disable it apps lose functionality... Reboot, or toggle hide/show in navbar settings gets rid of it for a while... But it's as annoying as heck!

Last edited:

fettfan

Feb 24, 2011
Have you contacted Apex? I've been using them for a few years and have had to contact them a few time. They're pretty good about responding.

I'm running stock ROM and Jelly Bean so I don't have this issue...sorry, that's all I got for you.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Have you contacted Apex? I've been using them for a few years and have had to contact them a few time. They're pretty good about responding.

I'm running stock ROM and Jelly Bean so I don't have this issue...sorry, that's all I got for you.

I've moved it to far left, for some reason I don't find it as irritating on this side when it randomly pops up...