[RECOVERY] Official TWRP 3.2.1 for Zuk Z2/ Lenovo Z2 Plus

Search This thread

varotone

Feb 11, 2014
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Disclaimer
Code:
/**
*  What you do with your device is your choice.
*  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
*  You should know this by now.
**/

What's this?

This is TeamWin Recovery Project for our ZUK Z2 / Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus, z2131, z2132).

This is an official recovery support thread.

Known Issues
  • None

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Common sense and a Z2 :p

Downloads, changelogs, installation info
All of this info can be found at the official info page.
If you use fastboot to install TWRP, you may have to specify a vendor ID in the commandline, like so:
Code:
fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] reboot

Frequently Asked Questions
Why are some of the downloads on the download page much bigger than others? Which ones should I use?
I only recently became the maintainer for the official images, and I changed the sources in doing so. This means that I do not know why the images built by the previous maintainer weigh more. You should always use the latest one available.

Why are some of the downloads for z2 and others for z2_plus? Which ones should I use?
The previous maintainer used the z2 codename, whereas I am using z2_plus because it's the standard most devs are using nowadays. Again, you should always use the latest image available

Last edited:

amogh1988

May 13, 2013
Trouble restoring my backup

Hi varotone,
Hey I having some problems in restoring my backups made using the recovery, flashing seems to be fine but when I try to restore it fails and phone just restarts and starts to blink the led. But if you back to recovery and flash a new ROM it works fine.
I am using the latest version of twrp ,so just wanted to chk its just an issue with me or anyone else also facing this issue.

varotone

Feb 11, 2014
Hi varotone,
Hey I having some problems in restoring my backups made using the recovery, flashing seems to be fine but when I try to restore it fails and phone just restarts and starts to blink the led. But if you back to recovery and flash a new ROM it works fine.
I am using the latest version of twrp ,so just wanted to chk its just an issue with me or anyone else also facing this issue.

Haven't run into that issue. Can you try to get a log? /tmp/recovery.log is fine

Reactions: anil20noird

Klanac89

Sep 30, 2014
Flash it under Linux, no problems. Backup also no problem and flash last LOS build works also without problem!

Thank you!

fcnz

Apr 13, 2011
Sherbrooke
flashed it, doesn't work for me

uzl8kte.png

fastboot install succeeded as you can see on the screenshot, but when I boot with vol down + power, get to the black screen with options that boots up, i go to Recovery, click it and all that happens is my phone reboots, no TWRP

any ideas?

Philo.Phineas

Jul 7, 2016
fastboot claims to work, but doesn't

Code:
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> adb reboot bootloader
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-z2_plus.img 
target reported max download size of 1610612736 bytes
sending 'recovery' (18372 KB)...
OKAY [  0.569s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.145s]
finished. total time: 0.714s
philo@ZeroKnowledge ~/Downloads> fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.072s

It comes up with a menu which indicates that the bootloader is unlocked. Then when I select recovery as the option, the screen goes black and nothing happens until hold down the power button for a long time.

ams73

Jul 28, 2011
I see at https://twrp.me/devices/zukz2.html that the Fastboot Install Method doesn't require Root. If I follow this method will I be able to install custom ROMs? Any disadvantages of this method?

Also doesn't it required the boot loader to be unlocked?

Last edited:
I see at https://twrp.me/devices/zukz2.html that the Fastboot Install Method doesn't require Root. If I follow this method will I be able to install custom ROMs? Any disadvantages of this method?

Also doesn't it required the boot loader to be unlocked?

You have to unlock the bootloader first, only then can you modify.

After fastboot method you can flash your desired rom

Reactions: ams73

stellarroar

Oct 25, 2010
Hi varotone,

Same issue as this. Unable to restore backups. Screen goes black after restoring about 20% and only hard reboot works to get back to Twrp.

varotone

Feb 11, 2014
@varotone any update? New TWRP out cuple on time. :)

Wysłane z mojego Z2 Plus przy użyciu Tapatalka
Don't know what you mean but all downloads are at https://dl.twrp.me/z2_plus/.

Same issue as this. Unable to restore backups. Screen goes black after restoring about 20% and only hard reboot works to get back to Twrp.
I haven't seen this. Which TWRP version are you running? Which filesystem for /data and /cache?

varotone

Feb 11, 2014
I'm using twrp-3.1.1-0 version and default filesystem formats only.

Edit: In twrp I am unable to mount system partition which is why I can't provide a log. Could this be related to the issue?

Well, yes, yes it could. If TWRP can't mount /system it can't restore /system, which I guess would be the reason of the failure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /**
    *  What you do with your device is your choice.
    *  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
    *  You should know this by now.
    **/

What's this?

This is TeamWin Recovery Project for our ZUK Z2 / Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus, z2131, z2132).

This is an official recovery support thread.

Known Issues
    • None

Requirements
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Common sense and a Z2 :p

Downloads, changelogs, installation info
    All of this info can be found at the official info page.
    If you use fastboot to install TWRP, you may have to specify a vendor ID in the commandline, like so:
    Code:
    fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot [B]-i 0x2b4c[/B] reboot

Frequently Asked Questions
    Why are some of the downloads on the download page much bigger than others? Which ones should I use?
    I only recently became the maintainer for the official images, and I changed the sources in doing so. This means that I do not know why the images built by the previous maintainer weigh more. You should always use the latest one available.

Why are some of the downloads for z2 and others for z2_plus? Which ones should I use?
    The previous maintainer used the z2 codename, whereas I am using z2_plus because it's the standard most devs are using nowadays. Again, you should always use the latest image available
    New release uploaded today (twrp-3.1.0-3-z2_plus.img) on https://dl.twrp.me/z2/.

Decryption should be fixed in this build, but needs testers!
    twrp 3.2.2.0 release 2018-07-02

https://eu.dl.twrp.me/z2_plus/
    @varotone

Yesterday I unlocked my bootloader & flashed twrp.

At first try, I flashed twrp 3.2.2 and then I gave command "fastboot -i 0x2b4c boot twrp.img" in adb. It displays 2 screens, 1st screen is teamwin title page and on the next page it showed many red lines for 1 to 2 sec only like "unable to mount /data" & "failed to mount storage". And then it got automatically rebooted to normal lockscreen. So I again reboot by pressing power key. On rebooting, in 1st screen, I used volume keys to choose recovery to boot. But, it rebooted into stock recovery, I couldn't understand how this happened bcoz even after flashing custom recovery the stock recovery booted.

On 2nd try, I flashed twrp 3.2.3, this time I gave command "fastboot reboot" so it rebooted to lock screen. Then I used the same method which I mentioned in 1st try to boot into recovery, but this time I got into twrp recovery. When I tried to take backup in recovery, it gave many red lines as error that it couldn't mount data & storage.

Since, this is the 1st time I'm flashing custom recovery in android, so I was exploring all option in recovery, I can't see my internal storage in file manager under recovery & also in backup when I select "select storage" it shows "internal storage(0mb)".

So pls help me what I did wrong & how to rectify this problem
    Stock zui has encryption on internal storage.
    After booting to twrp, the 1st thing you need to do is wipe the device clean.
    There are three options under "wipe" in twrp.
    One of the wipe methods ask you to type "yes" for confirmation, use that & your encryption will be removed & so will be all media and apps on internal storage.
    Then - DON'T reboot to ROM, otherwise zui will restore the stock recovery.
    There's reboot option in twrp, use it reboot to recovery again. You'll return to twrp after it succeeds, now you'll not face any mounting issues anymore, then take system, boot, efs backups if you want.
    After completion, wipe all the partitions using twrp, transfer ROM to device from PC using USB without booting to ROM because MTP works in twrp mode.
    Then flash ROM, enjoy. :)
    Ya it is unofficial ...but by z2 pro twrp maintainer...z2 pro have officially treble supported twrp..but we don't
    Yeah but there won't be any difference between official treble twrp and unofficial one other than the tag..