[BOOTANIMATION] Z3 UEFI boot animation v1.0

Search This thread

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
I was working on this project for a 3 weeks or so, and I think it's now beautiful enough to fit the lollipop release for our XPERIAs.
After creating a BIOS-styled boot animation, I thought it was to time make it more modern, thus I started from scratch to create a UEFI-styled one.
I, also, tried to imitate the style of Metro UI, explaining the cyan colour, in order to match the real one.
The bootanimation itself has 378 images, clocked at 13FPS, in order to achieve an, as natural as possible, fading-in effect, but I managed to keep the .zip's size small enough, at ~9MB.
The images are contained in multiple folders, and have the size of 1080x1920 for Z3.
The information used for the lines are as real as it goes, and is based on the D6603 model.
Have fun!

Screenshots:
NbYA0cb.png
P8tCGHz.png
WDHogKI.png

Download at Google Drive, flashable .zip

*If you want to use it anywhere, just credit my name.
**Please, experiment with the FPS value, and give me some feedback.

BIOS-styled boot animation: XDA

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Nice idea but if I may say few words...

I would keep this design but would remove all icons and pictures.
And would leave only informations we saw on DOS and old BIOS booting sequence.

But...this is your idea and it's cool as it is...

If you have time, Google bios boot animation by funky0308 and you'll see what I mean...
That's, of course, old animation, black background and white fonts but I really think that could be awesome in this colors...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
Nice idea but if I may say few words...

I would keep this design but would remove all icons and pictures.
And would leave only informations we saw on DOS and old BIOS booting sequence.

But...this is your idea and it's cool as it is...

If you have time, Google bios boot animation by funky0308 and you'll see what I mean...
That's, of course, old animation, black background and white fonts but I really think that could be awesome in this colors...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

Sure, thank you for your point of view.
Have you checked my other boot animation? I think it's very similar to yours, with the difference of additional colours. XDA

If that's not what you meant, would you like it if I left the blue colour and the font as they are now, to make it a little bit more modern?

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Sure, thank you for your point of view.
Have you checked my other boot animation? I think it's very similar to yours, with the difference of additional colours. XDA

If that's not what you meant, would you like it if I left the blue colour and the font as they are now, to make it a little bit more modern?
Exactly... That's it.
I just saw that..didn't catch that earlier.

I would like to see one in that material colours, white fonts and less i informations...

Only basic ones...
(you remember that memory counting, disk checking then the sheet/table with few other infos about ports)

Eeee....old things were awesome..

Maybe that's only me but I really like that simple retro look...

Anyway - great job mate...
?
BTW, shouldn't Krait be GPU, not CPU?

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
Exactly... That's it.
I just saw that..didn't catch that earlier.

I would like to see one in that material colours, white fonts and less i informations...

Only basic ones...
(you remember that memory counting, disk checking then the sheet/table with few other infos about ports)

Eeee....old things were awesome..

Maybe that's only me but I really like that simple retro look...

Anyway - great job mate...

BTW, shouldn't Krait be GPU, not CPU?

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

OK, I will make a second version for those who like it simplier!

About your question, Krait is the CPU, Adreno is the GPU and both are embedded to the System-on-Chip (SoC) which is called Snapdragon, according to wikipedia, gsmarena and devicespecifications.com.

Also, where have you found the PCI devices ID, Bus, and the other information? Did you just make up these?
Thank you very much!

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
OK, I will make a second version for those who like it simplier!

About your question, Krait is the CPU, Adreno is the GPU and both are embedded to the System-on-Chip (SoC) which is called Snapdragon, according to wikipedia, gsmarena and devicespecifications.com.

Also, where have you found the PCI devices ID, Bus, and the other information? Did you just make up these?
Thank you very much!

Hehe...I didn't mean you should write IDs, BUS and other infos we had on old machines...
I thought you should add infos you have in that form to get more retro look...

Never mind...it's OK as it is..

BTW, for GPU and CPU, I wrote wrong, yeah...but still.
We have GPU and CPU.
That's why it's chipset...it's Snapdragon S8XX but we still have two separate processing unit.
Are they under one hood or separate that's not important...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
Hehe...I didn't mean you should write IDs, BUS and other infos we had on old machines...
I thought you should add infos you have in that form to get more retro look...

Never mind...it's OK as it is..

BTW, for GPU and CPU, I wrote wrong, yeah...but still.
We have GPU and CPU.
That's why it's chipset...it's Snapdragon S8XX but we still have two separate processing unit.
Are they under one hood or separate that's not important...

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

Well, I asked you, not beacuse I wanted to add them to this boot animation, but for "general knowledge", in order to improve the realism of the older one.

Anyway, have you checked the 2 previews I have sent to you, concerning the retro look?

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Well, I asked you, not beacuse I wanted to add them to this boot animation, but for "general knowledge", in order to improve the realism of the older one.

Anyway, have you checked the 2 previews I have sent to you, concerning the retro look?
Yeap...I just saw that and I have only one thing to say...

Build that...it's absolutely fantastic...
I wanted to build exactly the same anim...
Colors, fonts, not to many infos...great.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
Yeap...I just saw that and I have only one thing to say...

Build that...it's absolutely fantastic...
I wanted to build exactly the same anim...
Colors, fonts, not to many infos...great.

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

OK, thank you very much, the following week school vacations start, so I will have the time to build this. Do you think a 'fading in' effect will fit this?

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
OK, thank you very much, the following week school vacations start, so I will have the time to build this. Do you think a 'fading in' effect will fit this?
I don't think so.
You remember DOS...short and "strong" typed fonts.
No fade, no effects just shows and disappeared after whole sentence is written...

But you can try, why not..Maybe it will fit..

Z3 powered by Tapatalk

psytoxx

Jan 13, 2015
Hello! very good! Is it possible to resize my phone? (Z3 Compact D5803)
Thanks

Last edited:

SnoopyOne

Sep 17, 2015
Kaohsiung City
@NFS_FM Can you make it for the Marshmallow Rom please?And...i suggest you don't post your file on Dev-Host now,just post them on Google Drive instead.
Because Dev-Host isn't working for me...Keep Pressing download button for many times but always stay on the same page.

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
@NFS_FM Can you make it for the Marshmallow Rom please?And...i suggest you don't post your file on Dev-Host now,just post them on Google Drive instead.
Because Dev-Host isn't working for me...Keep Pressing download button for many times but always stay on the same page.

Unfortunately I have lost the sources of this project, so unlees I remake it, it isn't possible to update it... Maybe I will give a try sometime on the future. Anyway, the Dev-host link works just fine, try this direct link too: Dev-Host. You have to press on the second, the blue one, button.

SnoopyOne

Sep 17, 2015
Kaohsiung City
@NFS_FM Now It works fine!Thanks Bro!
But before,I press the blue button it takes me to the next page,it looks similar to the first page,and then I pressed "Download Now" button which is just show as a link,not a button look.
And then it always like refreshing the page...

NFS_FM

Jul 4, 2013
Athens
Reactions: Akash Naik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was working on this project for a 3 weeks or so, and I think it's now beautiful enough to fit the lollipop release for our XPERIAs.
    After creating a BIOS-styled boot animation, I thought it was to time make it more modern, thus I started from scratch to create a UEFI-styled one.
    I, also, tried to imitate the style of Metro UI, explaining the cyan colour, in order to match the real one.
    The bootanimation itself has 378 images, clocked at 13FPS, in order to achieve an, as natural as possible, fading-in effect, but I managed to keep the .zip's size small enough, at ~9MB.
    The images are contained in multiple folders, and have the size of 1080x1920 for Z3.
    The information used for the lines are as real as it goes, and is based on the D6603 model.
    Have fun!

Screenshots:
    NbYA0cb.png
    P8tCGHz.png
    WDHogKI.png

Download at Google Drive, flashable .zip

*If you want to use it anywhere, just credit my name.
    **Please, experiment with the FPS value, and give me some feedback.

BIOS-styled boot animation: XDA
    here is gif image -
    j9j9q.gif
    @NFS_FM Now It works fine!Thanks Bro!
    But before,I press the blue button it takes me to the next page,it looks similar to the first page,and then I pressed "Download Now" button which is just show as a link,not a button look.
    And then it always like refreshing the page...

Try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lOz04DOVrsaE1IS2pLRkhuR0k

Edit: Oh, I understood, no problem :)