[BackupTool] SM-G900P Backup Utility

Search This thread

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
Hi guys,

I created this tool so you can backup the partitions for the Sprint Galaxy S5.

This is IMPORTANT because the tools available at the moment don't backup your data properly. Trust me you don't want to corrupt your modem and then don't have a backup to restore it as they are easily corrupted when you play with network locks.

Password: ifyourhappydonate

Enjoy

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
This backup to bin format.This means it's a copy of the bytes of the partitions in your phone. I did not create a restore function yet but can be added on the next version as well as support to more devices.

anderd

Jun 15, 2008
This backup to bin format.This means it's a copy of the bytes of the partitions in your phone. I did not create a restore function yet but can be added on the next version as well as support to more devices.

And where does it store said backups? I clicked on the backup button before i had even connected the phone and it said it backed up everything, then after connecting the phone, it did the same exact thing, yet no files found anywhere.

Thanks!

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
And where does it store said backups? I clicked on the backup button before i had even connected the phone and it said it backed up everything, then after connecting the phone, it did the same exact thing, yet no files found anywhere.

Thanks!

This tool is an quick tool that I created that is an automated process that uses adb to connect to the phone and create a backup and save them to the PC. This is because the available tools did not backup the correct information or are partial backups that are useless. I didn't add a verification for to see if the phone is connected but can be added later on. The files are stored in the same folder as the exe.

Requirements: Usb Debugging enabled only.

anderd

Jun 15, 2008
This tool is an quick tool that I created that is an automated process that uses adb to connect to the phone and create a backup and save them to the PC. This is because the available tools did not backup the correct information or are partial backups that are useless. I didn't add a verification for to see if the phone is connected but can be added later on. The files are stored in the same folder as the exe.

Requirements: Usb Debugging enabled only.

Well thats odd because i have USB Debugging enabled and i dont find any files other than the ones i un-rar'd to the folder. I'll try again in the morning when im not half asleep. Thanks for the reply!

anderd

Jun 15, 2008
Well thats odd because i have USB Debugging enabled and i dont find any files other than the ones i un-rar'd to the folder. I'll try again in the morning when im not half asleep. Thanks for the reply!

Still same results, i see commands being processed by the phone but they're all remove commands for the BIN's its supposed to have created, from the sdcard partition. Yet i still dont find these files in the STool folder or anywhere on my phone. That and it seems to backup/dump everything so quickly its hard to believe its writing to anything unless these partitions are SUPER small. Wonder if i need to flash back to a stock rom and try from there since i recently flashed over to RDDT fo play with the WiFi calling feature. I'll flash back to stock and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for your work on this! :)

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
I guys sorry for the confusion it appears that any way this is not the way to backup the data specially for the modem.

Samsung really lock this thing down and encrypted the partitions for nv ram and isolated them through hardware encrypted communicators.

i have found how to access those files i will let you know as soon as it is ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I created this tool so you can backup the partitions for the Sprint Galaxy S5.

This is IMPORTANT because the tools available at the moment don't backup your data properly. Trust me you don't want to corrupt your modem and then don't have a backup to restore it as they are easily corrupted when you play with network locks.

Password: ifyourhappydonate

Enjoy