[Q] Root and Safestrap help for NC1

Search This thread

will.bates94

Jan 25, 2012
Michigan
Hey guys, just did a ton of searching but can't find much on rooting the S3 whiile its on 4.3 with NC1. Could anyone here help me out or get me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Apparently you cant get the ml1 file anymore from what I read? Any ideas?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589314

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Isn't ml1 4.3 then since he said they're so close to being the same? What are my options then?

The kernel has been changed so saferoot will not work. I'm sure there are root methods for after the update but they won't be one click root. When I get home tonight I'll make a custom tar pre rooted for people who want to be on the newest build.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Apparently you cant get the ml1 file anymore from what I read? Any ideas?

So I do not confuse you, you're referring to another file that is for those of us who have an unlocked bootloader. It is the VRUCML1 modem-ONLY zip, this is something that is useless to you on 4.3 but is useful to those of us with an unlocked bootloader.

Edit: this modem-ONLY zip is roughly 20 MBs in size. Completely different thing than what ThePagel has supplied with a link. Basically, forget what you read about VRUCML1 being unavailable because the specific file is of no use to you.

ThePagel posted the Odin flashable, stock image tar that is readily available. That has always been available and will continue to be so. That 1.2+ GB tar file is to return to fresh, out of the box factory settings.

Isn't ml1 4.3 then since he said they're so close to being the same? What are my options then?

Yes, they are the same. I was simply agreeing with ThePagel. VRUCML1 and VRUCNC1 are both 4.3. You can not flash anything pre-4.3, so nothing that starts with VRA** or VRB***. Those are off limits for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: will.bates94

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

will.bates94

Jan 25, 2012
Michigan

Top Liked Posts